FACELESS on dvd

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by curry eater, Aug 16, 2002.

1. curry eater

curry eater Guest

this is one of my fave Jess Franco films starring Brigitte Lahaie,Telly savalas and Caroline Munro..great news i thought when i saw it has an Italian release..bad news is that its in Italian language only....any one know if u can get an english language/subs version of this classic on dvd?

2. AlkanFan

AlkanFan Guest

Occaisionally an English VCD of Faceless pops up on Ebay.

3. Or you can get Faceless for under 3 bucks...

www.dvdshelf.com

The VCD quality is OK, maybe a slight step above VHS, but there is some mild pixellation going on. It's still worth the purchase price. Although you will have to buy about 5 titles total to make it worth your while (shipping is high if you don't buy in bulk). Give it a shot, I buy from them all the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2002
  4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Dunno bout the movie, but cool to see you over here Lawrence. Love your site! :D

5. Thanks for the compliment Andrew, much appreciated :cool:

Faceless is definitely worth checking out. Although Lahaie keeps her clothes on (we have many a Rollin film for otherwise and lets' not forget her XXX background), It's great to see her and Caroline Monro share the screen. It's definitely one of Franco's more "linear" and competent efforts. If you can play VCDs, it definitely comes highly recommended. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2002
  6. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Oh hell yeah. Lahaie and Munro, can't pass it up, even if I didn't like the only Franco film I've seen (EXORCISM). But for that price, what the hell. Any other recommendations for stuff that isn't on DVD for me to pick up? I'm interested in pretty much anything Euro that's worth seeing.

7. That's a tough call. There really isn't THAT much in terms of euro stuff available on VCD that isn't available otherwise. Faceless has to be one of the few exceptions. Although if you don't like Franco, you may not like it. As far as recent Euro releases go I would have to give the Mondo Macabro DVD of Dr. Jekyll Versus the Werewolf a huge recommendation. It's a great fun flick (Paul Naschy of course) and is a great transfer as well. Unfortunately it's PAL only. :mad: Anchor Bay's released a few Naschy's that I haven't seen yet but have heard some good things about, on HorrorDVDS included...

8. Faceless (Special Edition) 2-Disc Set

Extras:
    Audio commentary
    Extra footage
    Introduction by Jess Franco
    Interviews with cast members
    Featurette
    Theatrical Trailers

Cover:

Attached Files:

9. This is excellent news Wicked.One!

Any idea when this is coming out? Or who is putting this out?

As a Caroline Munro fan, this is a MUST HAVE for my collection. :banana:

10. Oh, yeah, sorry. Shriek Show is releasing it on September 30, 2003 (subject to change... like all of the SS dates!).

It'll also be out in a "movie only" version with another cover which I have also attached here.

Attached Files:

11. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

Thanks for the fantastic news!! This disc is high uptop my wants list.

12. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I'll probably pick it up, it sounds interesting. I haven't seen any of Franco's work so hopefully i'll like this one.

13. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I've never seen this but based on the cover, I'm adding it to my wish list! That and Caroline Munro! :D :sperm:

14. Thanks again for more info wicked.one

The 2 disc Special Edition will be mine. :banana:

15. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I haven't really seen anything from Franco, except for the horrendous Oasis of the Zombies.:nervous: From what I understand, Faceless is supposed to be pretty good n' gory, so naturally I'll have to pick it up. I believe the SS disc is going to be in English too.

16. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Good god that movie only cover is horrible.

17. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Yeah, but the SE cover is pretty cool.:glasses:

[​IMG]

18. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Well it looks like this will be out on 1/27/04, but there is no longer any mention of "Anamorphic Widescreen" or "Special Edition" on the front cover.:confused:

[​IMG]

19. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

Well, we'll see about that (although out of all the SS titles delayed, this has the greatest chance of being the first to arrive.)

20. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Sleazy fun... but that ending! Grrrr... :mad:

What do you think happened?

***SPOILERS***

Were they saved? Were they even found, considering a brick wall had been put up over the door? Or were they both dead by the time help got there, considering they were kidnapped on Christmas and the final scene takes place on New Years?

I'm all for an ambiguous ending, but that wasn't even an ending at all. :bs: