fake anchor bay dvds?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by dave13, Oct 28, 2008.

1. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

thanks bigdaddyhorse. certainly didnt expect anyone to go to such lengths. really brings a tear to my eye, the camaraderie on these threads! after all this discussion, i do feel that its probably real. and you're right, even if it were fake, the important thing is that i have a copy of the disc one way or another.

2. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

If it's out of print and they are selling it for cheap with a buy now option, it's usually a fake. I have also never seen those rings on legit DVD's. Also another way of checking is to punch in the UPC code on the web does it come up with Scares of Dracula? Or check amazon and see if they have that DVD listed even if it's out of print it usually still has it listed. It should look the same as yours. My guess is that it's a fake. Now if you are OK with that then keep it, if not send it back. The same thing happens to me a couple of times. Right when I got it I know it wasn't real so I sent it back.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  3. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

I have this dvd also. It's pretty much bare bones. Theres is a red logo on the artwork. It claims to have a bonus dvd inside. Which is not the case cause it does not. I bought it at fry's a while back.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Has anyone emailed Anchor Bay to enquire about the false advertising on the cover? Who knows, they might even be able to send you the OOP 2nd disc perhaps...it's worth a try at least.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

...or a black sticker to go over the circle on the cover that says it has the second disc.:D

Sounds like they had more covers than 2nd discs, and just went ahead and used the old covers anyway. Pretty sucky on their part, at least throw a sticker over the lie on the cover.:mad:

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

I sent one off asking them if they'd replace it shortly after starting the thread...still haven't heard back.

7. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I just got Blood from the Mummy's Tomb from Deep Discount, and even though they advertise it as the 2 disc version, it was not. It also didn't come with an insert. Does this normally come with one?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  8. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Looks like the limited versions of the two are officially out of print.