Famous horror films you have not seen

Discussion in 'General' started by thing, Jan 5, 2014.

1. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

The restoration is being handled by Friedrich-Wilhelm-Murnau-Stiftung, so it'd probably be more likely for Masters of Cinema to handle the UK release while Kino handles the US release.

2. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

Put me in the Repulsion is good category. Catherine Deneuve is perfect physically in that movie. But messed up.

Also a big one.

Nightmare on Elm Street (Series) -

Parts 1, 2, and 5 are on cable now. And watching a bit of each, mostly Part 1. I realized something. That I've never seen these movies uncut before. Except for Freddy vs. Jason. But after watching the original Nightmare on Elm Street, I realize that Freddy vs. Jason doesn't really count. Yes, I saw Part 1, 2, and I think 3 when I was young on TV. But all this time I stayed away from watching these properly. I think that first movie really scared me to death. In the first movie, I didn't know that there was a slight nude scene when Freddy pulls Nancy under the water in the tub. And it's like being under a frozen lake which is scary. Also, the amount of blood in the death scenes. The music also picks up and reflects the amount of terror and panic the characters are in when Freddy shows up. I want to watch the whole series the right way that I do with horror now but part of me is worried. Do I put myself through that? Childhood fears can mess with you. Kind of like that line that major asshole teacher says in Friday the 13th Part 8.

3. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Videodrome.
    None of the Saw sequels past III, and none of that Human Centipede or Serbian Film crap. Also, In The Mouth of the Madness and The Serpent and The Rainbow.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014