Favorite "Bad" Movie Battle: 1985

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by Hellbilly, May 30, 2009.

?

Vote

1. Transylvania 6-5000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Howling II: Your Sister Is a Werewolf

22.5%
  3. The Stuff

19.7%
  4. Ghoulies

5.6%
  5. Boggy Creek II: And the Legend Continues

1.4%
  6. The Hills Have Eyes Part II

5.6%
  7. Creature

2.8%
  8. Night Train to Terror

4.2%
  9. Cut and Run

4.2%
  10. Hard Rock Zombies

2.8%
  11. Massacre in Dinosaur Valley

1.4%
  12. The Mutilator

18.3%
  13. Nail Gun Massacre

5.6%
  14. Thou Shalt Not Kill... Except

2.8%
  15. Evils of the Night

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Future-Kill

1.4%
  17. The Oracle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Appointment with Fear

1.4%
  19. Tenement: Game of Survival

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Buddusky

Buddusky New Member

Ghoulies followed by The Hills Have Eyes Part II especially when the dog, Beast, has a flashback scene! That was hilarious.

2. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

Torn between The Mutilator and Boggy Creek 2

3. rhett

rhett Administrator

Yeah, I've always planned on asking Craven about what he was thinking when he did that if I ever met him at a convention. Has he ever spoken publicly of that bad movie atrocity?

4. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I so agree. It should've been such an awesome movie!! Wish they would remake more movies that have cool concepts but terrible execution.

I just have to vote for Howling 2. For all the reasons listed elsewhere in this thread. But those end credits are some of the best ever!!

Mention goes to Evils Of The Night and THHE2.

5. John Blythe

John Blythe New Member

[​IMG]

I have to say that Night Train to Terror is a guilty pleasure of mine. It is so bad, that it is actually very enjoyable. I've talked with the executive producer of this film and he says that this film's screenwriter, Phillip Yordan, (an Oscar winning writer by the way) has several undeveloped scripts that were never filmed shortly before his death in 2003.

This has always been a personal grade-Z horror favorite of mine. John Phillip Law, Cameron Mitchell and Richard Moll were all terrific, even though they were featured in uncompleted films that were edited together to make this film. But nonetheless, it is a film that has just about everything: nudity, decapitation, mutilations, demons, giant flying wasps, a customized electric chair, Nazis, god vs. satan, and a toy train wreck that has to seen to actually believe!

The song 'Everybody But You!' could literally drive someone to the brink of insanity though...

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The footage they used in Night Train to Terror was edited from a completed film though. It was Cataclysm (a.k.a. The Nightmare Never Ends)

There really wasn't much original footage shot for the film at all.

7. John Blythe

John Blythe New Member

Cataclysm, Scream Your Head Off/Marilyn Alive and Behind Bars and Death Wish Club were all three of the films that were edited into Night Train to Terror, and all three films were written by Phillip Yordan. However, there was new footage that was filmed for Night Train to Terror exclusively, but it was primarily gore sequences that were added later, which was not seen in the three films. If you watch any of those films, several of the sequences are much different than what is seen in Night Train to Terror.

For example, Scream Your Head Off (which can also be found as Marilyn Alive and Behind Bars), which was the first sequence 'Case of Harry Billings' (the segment with John Phillip Law) does not contain any of the gore footage featuring Richard Moll hacking the girls up and body parts all over the place. That footage was filmed for Night Train to Terror.

The same happened with the second sequence 'Case of Greta Connors' (which is the film, Death Wish Club). In the actual film itself, it features no gore sequences such as the flying wasp stinging the teenage couple outside and the boy's head explodes, or the electrocution death sequence were the 'Jimi Hendrix' lookalike burns and melts.

In any case, I would recommend Night Train to Terror, over the three individual films that were incorporated into NTTT, only because the films themselves are rather dull and have no interesting appeal in terms of horror.

8. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

Howling II

Classic B-camp horror, and hysterically funny.

9. John Blythe

John Blythe New Member

The scene when Christopher Lee confronts the dwarf in that festival mask used to terrify me as a kid!

10. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I love some of these, but Creature is my fav!

11. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I just watched Marilyn Alive and Behind Bars is it really is a completely spliced mess of a movie. I haven't seen Night Train to Terror yet, but have it so I'll have to check it out soon. It's good to heard all the gore is there, as I was wondering why this was so tame - zero gore.

It's more humorous if anything. I love the scenes where the you see one of the main characters (can't think of his name) walking down the hallway to grab Richard Moll's keys to the rooms - it's filmed in technicolor, basically looks like real shot movie footage. Then it shows that same character wearing the exact same clothes going to Marilyn's room, but the video quality is that of a handheld and the guy is like 10+ years older and not quite as fit :lol:

12. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

If this was more current I'd now vote "other" for Star Crystal.

13. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I haven't seen Howling II yet (every time Netflix adds it to Watch Instant, I always miss it by just a day or two).

So, barring that, The Stuff is an easy win here.

14. BrokeNads

BrokeNads New Member

I like it very much for the Hard Rock Zombies. Hard rock band is dead because of Hitler and midgets then come back to fight and rock. Very stupid and bad music. I can love it!

15. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

The Mutilator