Favorite Blind Dead Film?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Oct 9, 2005.

?

Which is your favorite Blind Dead film?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2005.
  1. Tombs of the Blind Dead

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. Return of the Evil Dead

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. The Ghost Galleon

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Night of the Seagulls

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

So The Blind Dead Collection is finally out in stores, and now that many of you have had time to watch them all (myself included) let's rank 'em. Which one is your favorite?

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I went with Tombs of the Blind Dead, because I think the knights are creepiest there. However, I really enjoyed all four movies in different ways, and thought that The Ghost Galleon was epic cheese. A great series.

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I haven't seen the last two yet, but they couldn't possibly compare to the masterpiece that is Tombs of the Blind Dead.

4. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

The Return of the Evil Dead gets my vote, though Night of the Seagulls is extremely close behind. All four films are golden, and I was very pleased to see that the general consensus of the sequels sucking was anything but correct IMO.

5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

In my opinion, Tombs of the Blind Dead is easily the best. The others are still quite good though.

6. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I think I enjoy RETURN OF THE EVIL DEAD the best--love all the rest. THE GHOST GALLEON is sorta like the DAY OF THE DEAD of the series.

7. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Return of the Evil Dead or Night of the Seagulls...Can't figure out which one I prefer...

8. Tye

Tye New Member

The funny is that I initially HATED both The Return of the Evil Dead and The Ghost Galleon when I viewed them on VHS (entitled The Return of the Blind Dead and Horror of the Zombies respectively).
    However I now have a different opinion of both films after viewing Blue Undergrounds' release (my rating of The Return of the Evil Dead went from an F to a B+).
    Anyway, I voted for Tombs of the Blind Dead because I liked the overall atmosphere the most (but the first sequel comes close). :)

9. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I voted for Tombs Of The Blind Dead. Haven't seen BU's version of Ghost Galleon or Night Of The Seagulls yet, but Blue Underground has done a excellent job with the Blind Dead Collection. It was well worth the wait. Now if someone would release some of his other films on DVD, I would happily buy them. I have two of the director's other films on VHS, When The Screams Starts, and The Possessed, which was under the alternate title Demon Witch Child.

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Bah, I already voted in this poll. I wish I could change my vote, because Night of the Seagulls is my new favorite.

11. Shokk

Shokk Lord Of The Thighs

Tombs Of The Blind Dead is my favorite..though i must say the gorier and trashier Return Of The Evil dead in its uncut form has gained some ground.Night Of The Seagulls is a solid entry but not as enjoyable as either of those..Ghost Galleon..well is pretty crappy no matter the version..but hey..you can't come up aces all the time.

12. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Tombs of the Blind Dead, then Return of The Blind Dead.

13. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Just finished watching the Blind Dead collection tonight, and I wanted to vote in this poll, but for some reason it says I already voted (ie. can't vote) but no title is italicized to say which I picked. So I'll just list them in order from best to worst.

Return of the Evil Dead - ****
    Night of the Seagulls - ***1/2
    Tombs of the Blind Dead - ***1/2
    The Ghost Galleon - **

14. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

After watching parts 1/2, I'm fairly confident I've seen the best the series has to offer, but I must say I didn't care for the films much at all. I would agree that part 2 is a vast improvement over part 1 (especially that great ending), but as great as the set is, it is the opposite of what I would personally want.

Using part 2 as an example, the cut version looks better than the uncut version. I am not one that really enjoys reading subtitles and listening to a language I don't understand, so that takes away from it a bit, but the fact of the matter is I have to choose between a version without gore that looks nicer and you can see the zombies clearer and a version with gore but less quality on the image making it less enjoyable. I wish they'd have just went with the English print and added in the uncut gore scenes with Spanish subtitles, much like AB did with their Deep Red DVD. I also understand the cuts of the films are different, so it did make it a pickle of a decision for BU.

But even with that being said... I'm sure there would be absolutely no one out there who could dispute having the original Spanish w/English subtitles version included with the English dubbed version with gore/nudity spliced in.