Favorite Creepshow Segment

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Sep 18, 2016.

?

What's your favorite CREEPSHOW segment?

1. CREEPSHOW Wrap-around

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Father's Day

13 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill

3 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Something to Tide You Over

13 vote(s)
    13.4%
  5. The Crate

28 vote(s)
    28.9%
  6. They're Creeping Up on You

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  7. CREEPSHOW 2 Wrap-around

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Old Chief Wood'nhead

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  9. The Raft

28 vote(s)
    28.9%
  10. The Hitch-hiker

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  11. "Meteor Shit!" (I haven't seen any of these)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

My most watched and favorite movie as a child. The Crate has always been and still is my favorite.

2. TheWZA

TheWZA Active Member

This is a tough decision. I really think Creepshow is a masterpiece, probably the best horror anthology film, and the sequel is a hell of a good time as well.

That being said, I've gotta go with Father's Day. I know there are some hard motherfuckers on here who saw Cannibal Holocaust when they were 5 years old; I was not one of those children. Horror movies really freaked me out as a kid, and I encountered Creepshow many times when it used to air incessantly on cable. I didn't make it past Father's Day in those days, that rotting zombie and his garbled voice were the stuff of nightmares. The segment had a lasting impression on me.

Runner-up: Something to Tide You Over, which absolutely nails the EC Comics formula with its themes of infidelity, murder, and undead vengeance.

3. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I went with The Raft. It's a favorite short story of mine and its adaptation is unflinching--the assault is particularly disturbing. It's an example of a simple idea made especially resonant and effective.

4. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

The Crate, it's just awesome. It's hilarious aswell, think it balances the humour and horror best of all the segments. I only love 3 segments of Creepshow and the wrap around. The only ones I just cannot enjoy are 'The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill' and 'They're Creeping Up On You'. The former due to how hokey it is including King's awful acting and the latter because I just don't get horror with bugs.

Creepshow 2 I enjoy the whole film but it's a clear step down from the original which is unfortunate. It sort of loses some of the style, I think a better director could have done a better job.

Weirdly been thinking a lot about Creepshow lately, think they should do a reboot. I'd get someone like Adam Green to do it, I think he's a super talented and would be brilliant for this type of thing.

5. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

1.The Raft
    2.They're Creeping Up On You
    3.The Crate
    4.Father's Day
    5.The Lonesome Death Of JV
    6.Something To Tide You Over
    7.The Hitch-hiker
    8.Old Chief Wood'nhead