Favorite DEAD film?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jun 28, 2005.

?

What is your favorite Romero DEAD film?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2005.
  1. Night of the Living Dead (1968)

26 vote(s)
    24.8%
  2. Dawn of the Dead (1978)

58 vote(s)
    55.2%
  3. Day of the Dead (1985)

19 vote(s)
    18.1%
  4. Land of the Dead (2005)

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

I like them all, one of the true series where i wont complain about any of the films. I went with dawn though.

2. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I love them all, but I chose Dawn

3. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I still like the first three! Give this new one some time for multiple chewings (although I've already had seconds). For me, it's anything, but Land. I went to it again yesterday and it seemed really bland. Definitely not enough time spent on building up the story and to much action along with a short run-time. Night was about the same length, but just feels sooo much different than this that it's hard to compare the two. I agree with somebody who had previously posted (in a different thread) that you just don't feel the impending doom and clausterphobic atmosphere that the others presented. Maybe (and hopefully) if a sequel (specifically tailored to Land) is made and I could view the two as one, it might make a difference.

As for the first three, it's a tie. I'll just vote for Day since I like the story's direction more than Dawn and still manages to increase the gore factor (which was pretty remarkable, still after 20 years, it's hard to think of better gore effects).

4. Tad Ghostal

Tad Ghostal Guest

I like Dawn the best. I think that Night is great, I liked Day, and really liked Land, but Dawn is tops for me.

5. krugerkid13

krugerkid13 Guest

all of em are excellent but nothing beats the f/x in day

6. Damed

Damed Guest

Night for me. It;s the one I revisit most often

7. Dawn of the Dead all the way

8. CABAL2004

CABAL2004 Guest

baggio, what movie is your avatar from??

Thanks,

Nicholas

9. tobaccoman

tobaccoman White, Proud, and Stupid

I think it's Chopping Mall. Don't know for sure though since I haven't seen it. I've heard quite a bit about it though. I plan on picking it up some time. I wish I could find movies in rental stores around here, but for the most part their selection is shit.

10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

its Chopping Mall

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

not a bad movie, the directory commentary is fun to listen to. these 2 guys really sounded like they had fun making the movie. They don't act like they were inventing the world. They just made a decent movie, and are glad people enjoyed it for what it is.

12. geekcccp

geekcccp Guest

I love all 4, but Night was the first I saw and the one that still works as a true horror film. The others seem to get more action oriented as the series goes on, which isnt a bad thing. I just like the b&w creepiness of it.

13. well, i'm in the minority here with "land" currently holding the tops. i've seen it 3 times now, so perhaps its freshness is why its at the top for me...though i'm sure it will revolve just as it always has in hindsight.
    seeing a lot of "land was good, but i've only seen it once" comments here...i think over time people will find land and dawn fighting for their top spot (though all of us hardcore fans never really will decide). i think land is just too new right now, and hasn't been afforded the opprotunity to really mature into its brilliance. give it a couple years of repeated viewings, and i'm sure that my prophecy, like george's prophecies in all the dead films, will come true...

14. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

It was inevitable that DAWN would do well in this poll, but I'm glad to see so many votes for NIGHT.

15. Dilmo

Dilmo Guest

Dawn is a masterpiece.

16. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Dawn of the Dead is easily the vest its the greatest Zombie film ever made.

17. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Like always, Dawn of the Dead. But I do like them all a lot, including Land.

18. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

I had to go with the entry that I can sit through countless times without even a hint of boredom and that for me is Day of the Dead. I fucking love Dawn, dont get me wrong, but as far as pacing and gore are concerned, Day gets my vote. I'm a total gorehound and Savini's FX work was top notch for this entry. And it also features the best movie line ever.... "You've given us a mouth full of greek salad...."

19. sacateca

sacateca Guest

Land of the Dead for me...for once it wasn't even ruined at all by being a big studio picture. Benefits? Much better looking and more carefully done than the others, no comparison technically. The story was also the best, but then perhaps i am a bit tired of the old ones already.

Once more, Hails to Romero!

20. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

I voted for Day. I like the first three equally but at the moment I like Day the best. Not a lot of love for Land, eh?

Actually Dawn would be my favorite by far, but once the bikers show up, it gets kind of lame. Living in a mall was such a great fantasy for two hours, and then THEY had to show up.