Favorite DEAD film?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Jun 28, 2005.

?

What is your favorite Romero DEAD film?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2005.
  1. Night of the Living Dead (1968)

26 vote(s)
    24.8%
  2. Dawn of the Dead (1978)

58 vote(s)
    55.2%
  3. Day of the Dead (1985)

19 vote(s)
    18.1%
  4. Land of the Dead (2005)

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I think Dawn and Day are equally great. My vote went to Day because I think the FX are better. Plus it needed a little push. :) I thought Land was great too.

2. beelzabubba

beelzabubba Guest

The first 3 were all great in their own way, but the edge has to go to Dawn of the Dead for Best all round. Gross, Great, Goofy and Gory Gotta love it. Land just doesn't do it though.

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I have to stick with NIGHT,your perfect,low budget,creepy,nihilistic horror movie.DAWN comes in a close second,love it's satire and seting.Lots of people knock DAY,but it was a great audience film with super gore.LAND is good,it's the slickest one,though it feels like more of an action film than a horror picture at times.I like them in the order that they were released.

4. VenicuS

VenicuS Guest

If I have to pick, I gotta go with "Dawn". It just has that nasty, grindhouse feel to it, plus the underlying commentary on consumerism (no more on that, it's been said a thousand times). but then again, Dawn's awesomeness can also be summed up in two words: helicopter zombie. Shazam!

5. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

Well it's still Dawn for me; but I'm a huge fan of Day too. I'd like to see Romero do a two-plus hour cut of Land and see how that would fair in comparison to the current version. And if I could have that on my desk by next Monday, that would be great.

6. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Night is the only one that I actually love from the list. The others had moments that I enjoyed, but as a whole they just don't blow me away. So Night gets my vote.