Favorite Final Destination?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Feb 12, 2006.

?

Which is your favorite Final Destination?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2006.
  1. Final Destination

35 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Final Destination 2

38 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Final Destination 3

4 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. I don't like any of them

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. I haven't seen any of them

11 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Well, it's a trilogy now, and all seem to have their admirers. So, let's hear it, which is your favorite FINAL DESTINATION film?

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

My favorite is part two, followed closely by part three. It is one of the rare horror series where I don't think the first one is the best, although I dig it too.

3. Noto

Noto Guest

I won't place a vote until I watch part 3, but I found part 2 to be extremely fun. Not at all great, but I loved the cretive death scequences more than I did in the first film. As for film merit, the first is probably the better of the two, but I find myself returning to the second a lot more frequently.

4. JeffCostello

JeffCostello Member

I went for the first one because I thought the story concept was pretty original (haven't yet seen 3 though). By part 2 you know the identity of the "killer" and the reason for choosing the victims so it's more the "how" than the "who" and "why" that is emphasized.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

2 still rules. It's just the most fun IMO, and teh traffic acident at the beginning is by far the best opening (just got back from 3, and the roller coaster was kind of a let down IMO:( ). 1 was probably the best movie, but 2 was the most fun and like Noto said, the one I keep going back to.

6. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

The second one for me. It's the most fun of the bunch. It has the best characters, the coolest deaths, and the fantastic opening scene on the highway. I also love the idea of the main characters being alive thanks to the characters that died in the original, and death tying up it's loose ends.

7. stl7dust

stl7dust Guest

I voted for the first just because I liked the way it was directed and didn't really have any notable flaws.

I really wanted to just vote for the second because of the great highway pile-up and the log going through the guys head but i just thought the first film had a better feel.

8. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I love 2, it's like a live-action Road Runner cartoon. 1 didn't make much of an impression, other than a neat concept. I'll probably wait for video to see the third one.

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i have 1 and 2 on vhs will wait and get part 3 on dvd
    but i voted for part 1 even though part 2 had some cool deaths though

10. Shokk

Shokk Lord Of The Thighs

I havent seen 3 yet..but i really enjoyed the first two.That said,i thought the sequel was a bit better than the original.I will be snatching up the third when it hits dvd for sure..fine popcorn munching entertainment!

11. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Haven't seen 3 yet, but I did enjoy both films. 1 has a better storyline/acting, but 2 has the cooler deaths. The rollercoaster scene just looks amazing...although as some have said it will have to be pretty great to top the "highway to hell":cool: segment in 2.

12. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Haven't seen the 3rd yet, but from what I've been told it wasn't as good as part 2 which I thought was a shitload of fun in theaters. The first one, while good, does take itself a little too seriously.

13. Saw all 3 in a row Thursday at a pre-screener/marathon and watching all 3, I still enjoy 2 the best. It just gets a little flipped out at times and turns a bit toward the campy side at times (which doesn't hurt the film in any way). especially that classic end with the grill ;)

The 3rd, though much better than some of the crap "horror" that has been released lately, I found to be inferior to 1 & 2. It could have been edited down a bit from its lengthy 115 running time + the main actress of FD3 didn't hold the movie together the way Devon Sawa (FD1) and A.J. Cook (FD2) did. Maybe its me, but the main actor/actress should hold the movie together like glue & this actress was weak.

Still, had a great time at the screener (it went from 6:30pm to 11:45pm with 10 minute breaks between movies w/games & prizes) & scored me a poster!

14. onebyone

onebyone Guest

115 minutes? Did you see another cut? I am pretty sure the theatrical cut is closer to 93.

15. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I thought Ryan Merriman did a decent job in FD3, but I'm going to go with Final Destination 2, simply because of what every one else is saying... 'The Coolest Deaths.' I love the first two. I just saw part 3 yesterday and I admit to everyone else's opinions, that the roller coaster scene was a bit of a letdown. Other than that, I thought it was decent.

16. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i actually haven't seen any of these yet. i'm sure i'll get around to it eventually.

17. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

2 by far...tons of fun from beginning to end. I could watch that one again and again. 1 was a ggod flick as well and 3 is not bad with some gory (but very quick) deaths, but that roller coaster scene was just such a huge letdown after an incredible buildup (as so many others have said before me).

18. Dr. Rot

Dr. Rot Guest

After seeing the 3rd installment I still have to go with the original. While I dug 2 and 3, the original is where the mystery is. It wasn't about the deaths (although there are a couple of good ones), it was about figuring out why death was after them and how to avoid it. Plus it had by far the darkest atmosphere and was tonally much more of a true horror film. I agree that 2 was fun times and the deaths were amazing and creatively better than those found in the first but it wasn't really a horror flick. It was more like an action flick with extreme gore. I mean 90% of it was shot during the day, the day just does not invoke the same feeling of dread as night does. Also, it had a cop-out happy ending, blah. This recent addition eclipses 2 in my worthless opinion, I thought it somewhat brought back that dark atmosphere from the original (Wong and Morgan had a lot to do with that), and its death scenes rivaled those from its predecessors and finally, it just felt more like a horror film than 2 did.

I rate them like this:
    1. FD1
    2. FD3
    3. FD2

19. kain

kain Guest

Part two for me, great death scenes and its the one I keep coming back to

20. Crazy Ralph

Crazy Ralph Guest

This is one of the reasons why I love this site! I have never seen part 2, nor did I ever have any desire to see it. I figured it'd just be the same thing as part 1. After reading this though, I HAVE to get part 2 and check it out....

Waitaminnit..... that means more money. Maybe I don't love this site after all.... JUST KIDDING!!!!!