Favorite Final Destination?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Feb 12, 2006.

?

Which is your favorite Final Destination?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2006.
  1. Final Destination

35 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Final Destination 2

38 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Final Destination 3

4 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. I don't like any of them

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. I haven't seen any of them

11 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

You can go get that 2 pack for $15 with a $10 movie ticket for 3 attached! Of course if you hate or have the first flick, I guess that doesn't work as well for you. They might not have that in Canada anyway.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

The second, for reasons already stated. The first probably had better acting, but the dramatic, serious performances just didn't work well following scenes like a
    girl getting splattered by a bus.

3. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

The second is my favorite.The car accident opener is wonderfully shot and edited,and to me,it had the best set pieces(loved the "airbag" bit too).I also liked the charecter interaction in that entry the best.

4. spiralboi83

spiralboi83 Guest

I love all 3 films equaly but I have more appreciation for 2 & 3, The death scenes are just better.

5. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Part 2 for sure...

6. Fumi

Fumi Member

I'll go with part 2.
    That guy slamming the "jaws of life" into the van and setting off the airbag - that was the most creative and unexpected death I've seen in a long time. Kudos for the flying barbed wire fence as well.
    The end was pure cheeze, but I like cheese.

Part one, like somebody else said, was a neat concept but the movie just didn't do much for me. I didn't really care about the characters.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  7. frightfan

frightfan New Member

Me no likey

Not to sound too much like a "hater", but I'm no fan of any of them. True, I haven't actually seen part 3 yet, but I don't see why I should bother- by the ads it looks worse than part 2, which I disliked enough to walk away from after only twenty minutes or so.
    There's just too much teenage smarminess and "gloss" on these flicks. It's the same thing I now have against Scream etc; although back in 1996, I enjoyed the first Scream quite a bit.
    At 30, I've just outgrown certain horror movie types. I just accept that the FD films are targeted at a young demographic, so it isn't like they're bad films, technically... but that doesn't help me become able to sit through them.

8. Crazy Ralph

Crazy Ralph Guest

After reading this thread, I went out and bought part 2 (albeit it, 2nd hand), and absolutely loved it. Shortly after, the wife and I went and saw 3. Totally fun, but I think #1 will get my vote for pure originality, and it's number 1 after all!

9. slinker

slinker Un-Holy Force.

FD 2 without a doubt :fire: didnt like the 1st one as much, perhaps that road crash scene impressed me .

10. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

For those who enjoyed part 2, here's a little poll worth checking out :)

11. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Part IIs the best IMHO then 3 and 1

12. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I like the original. I went into it not knowing much about it and had a blast! The long drawn out death scenes when you were never sure what was actually going to kill someone...it got done in the other two movies as well, but it was done to perfection in the first. I guess it has a lot to do with it being the first one and the concept being so fresh, the two after that you already know what to expect and it kind of takes away from things..but credit to the writers/directors for managing to keep the quality up despite losing the element of surprise.

I think 3 is my second favourite except the Highway scene from 2 is much cooler than the rollercoaster from 3. I liked three because I actually cared for the characters more and found myself cheering for them. Sure the kills may have been too fast (there weresome really great ones though) but there's something to be said for getting that involved with a movie and it's characters.

Anyway, great trilogy. Glad I got the Thrillogy.

13. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

It's hard to beat part 2 which had funner characters, much better death scenes and the freeway pile-up is just classic. While part 3 wasn't bad I found myself not caring so much for the characters like I did in part 2.
    I also think New Line cheated us on gore. A bit more would've made this much more enjoyable because let's face it, the plot is always the same and the Final Destination movies are all about in what manner someone will die and how much of the red stuff will be spilled.
    That said I still like 3 even though it was lacking. The DVD pretty much kicks ass though, probably one of the best releases in years. Good job :)

1. Final Destination / Final Destination 2, I like both equally.
    2. Final Destination 3

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  14. Marclar

Marclar Member

Part II. The opening accident scene is fantastic. I cannot think of a more detailed brutal accident scene in any other film. That alone gave the movie lots of credit. Then the death scenes like everybody else mentioned. Some creative thinking will be required if they go with part IV.