Favorite Halloween Sequel?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Oct 17, 2004.

?

Favorite Halloween Sequel?

Poll closed Nov 16, 2004.
  1. Halloween II

56 vote(s)
    52.8%
  2. Halloween III: Season of the Witch

22 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

14 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Halloween 6: The Producer's Cut

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. Halloween H20

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  8. Halloween: Resurrection

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Now that is a complement if I've ever seen one. ;)

I voted for HALLOWEEN II, although I feel it is in many ways a real missed opportunity. With Carpenter so closely involved, it really should have turned out much better. HALLOWEEN 4 & 5 both have some fantastic moments (the end of 4 and the shute/field chases in 5) but in the end both are just too uneven. H20 is actually pretty good, with Jamie Lee giving probably the best performance of the entire series. Michelle Williams stands as a good Laurie Strode protégé too. THE CURSE is a steaming pile of goat shit, although I have yet to see the Producer's Cut. RESURRECTION is the most uneven of all, with the first part being excellent and the last three quarters being throwaway slasher cliche. I always get a lot of enjoyment out of III, even if I think it has been overly praised as something deeper than what it really is. As a new Halloween idea though, it is good B-movie fun.

Overall the HALLOWEEN series has been good enough at least to have me always looking forward to the next sequel. I think the FRIDAY franchise has been consisently better, but I'd rank HALLOWEEN alongside the ANOES series in terms of quality. A little up and down, and never coming close to the original films, both series do still offer a number of good sequels. And as mediocre as some of the sequels in the HALLOWEEN franchise may be, nohting beats watching one of them on Halloween night with the blinds closed and the lights dimmed.

2. krugerkid13

krugerkid13 Guest

halloween 6 = Best in the series

3. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Except for Halloween: Resurrection, I think they all have merits. I voted for 2 though. Michael vs. Jamie is what it is all about.

4. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Halloween III: Season of the Witch

5. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

In Order:
    *Halloween 2
    *Halloween 4
    *Halloween 6
    *Halloween 3
    *Halloween 5
    *Halloween resurrection
    *H20 (the only one that I feel pretty much sucks...Resurrection isn't that great either, but it has enough good moments for me to give it a reluctant thumbs up-I hope the next one sticks JUST with Myers and they don't give in to the idea to pair him up with another horror "icon" such as the horrendous pinhead idea that I heard a while back-when is the next one supposedly coming, anyway?)

6. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I stopped at Halloween 3, baby! You have to admit: H3 has the signature Carpenter-Feel at its peak. The following films just don't cut it - they all felt like cheapo knock-offs. H3! It may not have Myers, but it's now a classic Halloween film for me.
    Halloween 2 is the best sequel, but some scenes are sloppy (ie. Ben Tramer's body changing position in shots, Laurie's arm wound in the first film compared to the second, Myers looking like a guy in a fire suit at the end)
    Halloween 3 is my personal favorite. Atmostphere galore - great photography, Halloween-feel up the ying yang, intriguing and THAT SCORE! That is Carpenter all the way.

7. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Here's my opinion: I think the best sequels are 2, 3, and 6. I thought 4 and 5 were OK. Resurrection was pretty much crap, except for the first 20 minutes or so, and H20 was beyond crap and by far the worst in the series.

8. wago70

You know - this guy has a point. He also has the BEST avatar I've ever seen...YOU'RE KILLING MEEEEE!!!!! :banana:

9. Moe Szyslak

Moe Szyslak Guest

Is part 3 out on DVD??? I never see it.

10. walkingdude

walkingdude Megatron

Yep.Been released twice.

11. Morg

Morg Guest

Halloween 2. Infact just watched it last night. There's something about halloween 3 that I like too, maybe that it just veers into non Michael Myers territory. Pretty much a fan of the first three, but the first one is the shit.

12. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

part 3 all the way. also my favorite movie of the series.

13. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I agree. ;)

14. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I'm a big fan of Halloween II. I thought it was just great and it's one of the best sequels...period.

15. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Boy,I thought I was asking for trouble by saying that HALLOWEEN 3 was my favorite,glad to see by the responses that I'm not alone !It was meant to turn the series into a series of Halloween set horror films,rather than a stright slasher franchise like FRIDAY THE 13TH.If you can get past the fact that it's not a film about Micheal M.,it has a clever plot,creepy score,great photograhy and moist effects.I'll never get that Silver Shamrock jingle outta my head either.Love the ending !

As a straight HALLOWEEN followup I'd go with 4,Pleasance was a lot of fun and Harris was good as well.

16. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Part 4 - Simply because it was my first exposure to the series aside from part three. I watched that flick and craved to know more about what Michael Myers was all about. It was that film that really sparked my interest in slasher/horror films in general and thus I sought out the other films in the series.

17. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] in order
    1.halloween II
    2.halloween 6 producer's cut
    3.halloween 4 return of michael myers
    4.halloween 5 revenge of michael myers
    5.halloween resurrection
    6.halloween curse of michael myers
    7.halloween H2o
    8.halloween III season of the witch

18. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i know i'm in the minority, but i loved halloween 6. Michael Myers seems a lot more menacing in this one than he has in any of the others.

19. Doombear

Doombear Member

Ressurrection is my favorite (great webcam perspective).
    H20 was the worst (not enough kills and too short).

20. wago70

I once had a HALLOWEEN-inspired nightmare. I was walking alone through a neighborhood park late at night. I heard the sound of glass shattering nearby. It was from a house that was some odd yards away - the front window had been completely shattered. Inside, a TV had its sound turned all the way up and it was a news announcer talking about Michael Myers having been seen in the area. Frozen in fear, I saw the shape of Michael Myers rise up in front of the broken window - facing me across the park. The announcer suddenly got more frantic-sounding and Michael saw me and started "that walk" toward me. I tried to run, but kept falling down and moving in *slow-motion*. I could "feel" Michael inches behind me and the sound of the news announcer just kept telling about Michael Myers' sightings around town. I woke up with his voice "echoing" in my head.
    When I moved to San Francisco some 15 years later, I find myself walking through THAT VERY PARK THAT WAS IN MY DREAM! It's nearby, too. When I go to 24 hour Nautilus at night, I have to cut through it to make it toward Haight street faster. This dream comes to reminder EACH time I walk thru this park late at night! Pretty trippy.