Favorite Prom Night?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Aug 11, 2007.

?

What is your favorite PROM NIGHT?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2007.
  1. Prom Night

29 vote(s)
    53.7%
  2. Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II

8 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Prom Night III: The Last Kiss

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Prom Night IV: Deliver Us From Evil

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. None. I hate Canada.

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. rhett

rhett Administrator

I thought that was what made the finale stronger, the fact that the killer's inescapable connection to the tragic childhood event is hinted at with the calls. It makes the ending seem less of a stretch.

The argument that you posed about the son acting out because of a failed father figure is interesting. Since the adults could never close this case, and are indeed distracted by other ones related to the children, it is ironic that a child takes it upon himself to follow through with the retribution. Your point would be even stronger, too, if that excised TV cut scene of Nielsen chopping wood with the eventual murder weapon were included in the circulated cuts of the film.

2. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

OK I finally have seen all four movies and this is how I'd rate them:

1. Prom Night - Enjoyed pretty much the whole thing but loved the ending.
    2. Prom Night IV: Deliver Us From Evil -actually thought it was a really good slasher flick. Could've stood alone without being part of the Prom Night series.
    3. Prom Night 2 - if the first half was as good as the second half, this one would be in the #2 slot. But it ain't.
    4. Prom Night 3 - some good moments of cheese but not a good horror flick at all.