Favorite Recent Franchise Re-Imaging?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Aug 13, 2004.

?

Favorite Recent Franchise Re-Imaging?

1. Alien vs. Predator

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Van Helsing

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  3. Dawn of the Dead (2004)

36 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

16 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. Freddy vs. Jason

28 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Dawn Of The Dead, then Texas Chainsaw Massacre, then Freddy Vs Jason. I own all of these on DVD. Texas, I own the 2 Disc set with the Ed Gein documentary.

2. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I thought the DAWN remake was great--they had some of the pitfalls of today's movies but they at least really brought home the terror of what that situation would be like in today's world. My wife and I were expecting zombies to show up when we were walking in the parking lot after the movie--it seemed that real. I think I was creeped out for at least a week, thinking about what I'd do if the dead started walking, although my main conclusion was that if it were like the movie things would be hopeless.

FREDDY VS. JASON was good in that I found it entertaining and hadn't liked either of those franchises in a long, long time, so that would be my second pick.

I did like some of the stuff in the TCM remake, most of which was probably due to the cinematography and set design. I liked the whole creepy redneck town where they kidnap babies and everybody knows that Leatherface boy. I also liked that whole scene in the slaughterhouse.

3. Chad

Chad Member

Dawn 2004 for me. Being a huge fan of the original I didn't have very high hopes for it...but it turned out pretty damn good, IMHO.

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Another vote for Dawn. I think TCM had the edge until the unrated Dawn dvd came out.
    Freddy V Jason was a blast as well, AVP was just O.K. at best (hoping the upcoming unrated can help that, but I'm not so sure).
    Van Helsing is probably the worst movie I've ever seen, EVER!

I have the dvds of all of them except VH, which I'm happy I checked out from the library as to not spend $ on that shit. I wouldn't mind getting those 90-120 minutes back to watch Dawn again though. :(