Favorite Recent Zombie Film?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Sep 26, 2004.

?

Which is your favorite recent zombie film?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2004.
  1. Shaun of the Dead

31 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. Resident Evil: Apocalypse

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  3. Dawn of the Dead (2004)

38 vote(s)
    46.3%
  4. House of the Dead

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. 28 Days Later

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Resident Evil

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Shaun of the Dead is my favorite, followed by 28 Days Later. I also really like House of the Dead, because it is so bad it is legend.

2. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

tough choice... and in no particular order i liked Dawn 04, Shaun and Resident evil.. the rest i could go either way with.. or haven't seen (RE2)

actually.. you *DID* say favourite.. i'll go with the middle bit of shaun (from where they discover the zombie in the backyard up to the winchester).. and the first 10 minutes of dawn04.. they really need to make a film that is great fun from start to finish.. shaun came close i guess

3. zombee

zombee Guest

I chose Dawn '04. Haven't seen Shaun yet. I liked 28 days later too. BTW, how do you do those spoiler tags?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2004
  4. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I haven't seen Shaun yet... hope to later this week. I enjoy all the films listed in the poll except for House of the Dead... damn that movie sucks. However, my 5 & 7 year old like it so perhaps it has a market somewhere. Voted for 28 Days.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2004
  5. I was gonna go with 28 Days Later but it's second to Shaun of the Dead

6. Ash

Ash New Member

Shaun all the way. RE: Apocalypse was terrible. Dawn was a joke(Doesn't deserve the title). 28 days was a good infected film but it shouldn't be on the poll. Yeah I'm curious to why House of the Dead wasn't on the poll?

7. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Just use {spoiler}YOU SUCK!{/spoiler}, but use []s instead of {}s.

8. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I voted for Dawn 2004, but that might change once I get a chance to see Shaun of the Dead.

9. PMcG_6

PMcG_6 Guest

I went with '28 Days Later...' for now. Haven't seen 'Shaun of the Dead' yet.

10. Damed

Damed Guest

Shaun of the Dead followed by Dawn 2004

11. RHINO4EVR

RHINO4EVR Guest

I liked Dawn 2004, hated 28 days later, and loved Shaun. So I vote for Shaun. RE2, you couldn't pay me to watch that filth. Im a big fan of the videogame, but the first movie was so stupid, the thought of another one seems impossible.

12. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Shaun of the Dead without a doubt is the best...TOTALLY evokes the spririt of the original Night of the Living Dead, from the news reports and the bits in the background to the way the zombies move and act. Very creepy, yet hilarious in spots too. Dawn of the Dead 2004 comes a close second. House of the Dead was an embarassment to sit through...

13. Guyver99

Guyver99 Member

Alright, who the hell voted for House of the Dead?! You need to explain yourself...and it better be good. :eek2: :lol:

14. KilleRDebbie

KilleRDebbie Guest

I voted for 28 days later because that was the time before the last time I went to a movie... I'm always broke! :(

15. Salty

Salty Guest

Shaun of the Dead by far. I'm going to see it a second time this week. I was totally dissapointed with 28 days later. "Reinvent the Zombie horror film"? The plot is total dead alive and those zombie eyes are straight outta Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. It's been done with alot more character. Dawn and RE are fun action flicks but are not in the same class as Shaun. Not even close.

16. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I just came back from seeing Shuan. It was good but not great. Bottom line is I don't want any comedy in zombie flicks.

17. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

looking forward to going to see Shawn tomorrow (last weekend was just far too busy). I voted for Dawn b/c haven't seen Shawn yet, but I hope it is better. House was good for some laughs and for Clint Howard, the first Resident Evil was poor and I won't see the second until DVD, and 28 Days was an absolute piece of shit- I still can't believe that people like this thing!

18. Skull Hunter

Skull Hunter Guest

My nod goes to Dawn, looking forward to the director's cut. As for 28 Days later I didn't like it much either but sorry to say, it's not a zombie movie. There are no living dead or zombies as it were in this movie. It was a virus outbreak story. You get infected by the blood, 20 seconds later the virus filled them with rage. Therefore the concept of zombies running in this film is incorrect. It was just infected folks.

19. Silent Noize

Silent Noize New Member

Yep, even the director say's that it is not a zombie film. But hey, I'm not arguing. :D

20. i voted for 28 days later. Shaun is a close second, actually its a tie.