Favorite Twisted Terror?

Discussion in 'Site Polls' started by rhett, Oct 5, 2007.

?

What's your favorite film in the TWISTED TERROR set?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2007.
  1. The Hand

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Dr. Giggles

13 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Someone's Watching Me

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. From Beyond the Grave

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  5. Deadly Friend

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  6. Eyes of a Stranger

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Updating as I get through the collection.

1. EYES OF A STRANGER-So impressed with this film. The performances are first-rate (I'm a huge Jennifer Jason Leigh mark) and those Savini effects are cool shit. Can't believe I'd never heard of this one.

2. THE HAND-Finally watched this for the first time. I love it. The atmosphere, the pace and the performances are terrific. What a pleasant surprise and a beautiful transfer.

3. DEADLY FRIEND-I saw it during its theatrical run. I always felt it was pretty cheesy, but in a good way. Wish the DVD had the original poster art. (which is always better, isn't it?)

4. DR. GIGGLES-Much better than I remembered, but I don't think this film will be in the top 3 when I finish seeing the others.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  2. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I've always had a fondness for EYES OF A STRANGER,I felt it had a deeper plot than most of that eras slasher films,plus Ken (SHOCK WAVES) Weiderhorn created some nice set pieces.FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE was a solid second,nostalgic fun.
    I would have loved to have seen THE NESTING included in this set,a solid (and seldom seen) horror film gathering dust in the Warner vaults.

3. HoldenMcNeil

HoldenMcNeil Member

Watched Dr.Giggles last night for the first time in 12 years and wow it still holds up today. Some of those deaths are really creative and brutal even in this day and age of horror films. well worth the 10$ I spent at Wal-Mart.

4. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

Just watched EYES OF A STRANGER. I was blown away. The makeup effects were great and I didn't realize it was Savini until the credits (had a feeling though...). I agree this is a vastly overlooked slasher. Love these films where we know the killer from the get-go.

5. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

I read somewhere that Dr. Giggles isn't in the OAR of 2.35:1....is that true?

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

7. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

oops, must have missed that thread :lol:

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Can't vote anymore, i see. if i could, my vote would be for From Beyond the Grave. That 70's British atmosphere is great, as are David Warner, Peter Cushing, and Donald Pleasance. I love the amicus anthology films. The others were all interesting for one thing or another, all worthwhile films.