Favorite video nasty???

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by vampyr789, Sep 24, 2008.

?

Favorite Video Nasty???

1. Cannibal Holocaust

16.3%
  2. The Burning

11.6%
  3. Zombi 2

2.3%
  4. The Beyond

4.7%
  5. Nightmares in a Damaged Brain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Tenebre

7.0%
  7. The Evil Dead

27.9%
  8. Snuff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Island of Death

4.7%
  10. The Driller Killer

2.3%
  11. Don't Go in the Woods Alone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Night of the Demon

2.3%
  13. The Last House on the Left

7.0%
  14. I Spit on Your Grave

4.7%
  15. Twitch of the Death Nerve

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. The Toolbox Murders

4.7%
  17. Absurd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Xtro

2.3%
  19. Antropophagus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Other

2.3%
  1. indrid13

indrid13 Well-Known Member

Cannibal Holocaust Then I Spit...both of these I really "felt" like a kick in the gut when I saw them.

2. Criswell

Criswell New Member

For me, cannibal easily. Just a great film. I do like Zomie 2 more, though i dont really think its what you would call a video nasty though.

3. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Cannibal Holocaust is probably the most important film on the list from and artistic and ethical perspective, but my choice is The Burning. Some movies just have a charisma that gets to you even before you see them. The Burning had that effect on me, as did Antropophagus, but I was more impressed with The Burning - from the unpleasant scene with the prostitute, through the raft massacre to the revelation of Cropsy's scarred face and the fact that the final girl is a boy.

The most obnoxious movie on the list has to be Xtro - it's so cheap, dreary and charmlessly British that I don't think I can ever bear to see it again.

4. dwatts

dwatts Active Member

Eccentric for sure - but that's why it's so great. It's utterly mad, and I love it for that.

5. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

It's too colourless for me - the cast and the city locations in particular are bland. And the fantastic elements are completely random, which actually diminishes their impact for me - it's a hodge podge of ideas in an ugly, drab box.

6. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

An utterly bizarre movie, which is why I like it. Not sure I'd like the film as much if it wasn't such an incoherent shock to the senses, I doubt it would stand up as well if it made sense. The sequels tried to make sense, and in conjunction with losing entirely the "weird" factor they basically resulted in rancid sewage.

Some of the imagery in that film is still burned into my synapses as some seriously fucked up shit I'll vividly remember even after I'm senile. The egg laying nanny, for example. Few films about an alien being felt so *alien* as that one, again I'm guessing the fact it didn't make much sense was part of that feeling.

Is it my favorite? No, but it would be up on the list, even over other movies that are much better films. Because it was a *nasty* film, giving me the genuine creeps (not frights, or shocks, but the shuddering willies) like few films have.

7. Spit

Spit Active Member

Never heard the term 'video nasty' before, but from this list...ouch, the choice is tough. I suppose if I'm voting on the nastiest one, I've gotta go with I spit on your grave, something about that rape scene with the retarded guy always kinda sat funny with me. That could have been the fact that I saw I spit on your grave in my middle teens before I reached the desensitization level that I'm at now. Or it could be because being raped by a retarded guy is truly disturbing.. Either way, i gotta go with SPIT

8. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

well, i was askin which was your fave video nasty...but thats okay lol.

that intersting that you've never heard the term 'video nasty" b4...