Favorite zombie movie?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by RyanPC, May 15, 2003.

?

Favorite zombie movie?

1. Night of the Living Dead (1968)

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Night of the Living Dead (1990)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dawn of the Dead (1979)

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Day of the Dead (1985)

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Zombie (1979)

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Zombi 3 (1988)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Zombie 4: After Death (1988)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Burial Ground (1979)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (1974)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Tombs of the Blind Dead (1971)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Hell of the Living Dead (1981)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Nightmare City (1980)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. City of the Living Dead (1980)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. The Beyond (1981)

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  15. House By the Cemetery (1981)

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  16. Zombie Holocaust (1979)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Dellamorte Dellamore (1994)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Return of the Living Dead (1985)

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  19. The Dead Hate the Living! (1999)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Resident Evil (2002)

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

That is the exact same thing with me, except Dawn is one of my all-time favorite movies.

2. Ichi

Ichi Guest

I voted for "The Beyond" yesterday. Its totally awsome. But I think Zombie, Dawn of the dead, Night of the living dead, Return of the living dead, House by the cemetary are awsome to. But I didnt really like Day of the Dead. Shure it was filled with plenty of gore, but I think its the worst in Romeros Zombie trilogy. And Resident Evil... god damn that one sucked ass! Seriously who puts gore with CGI!?!?:fuck:

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yeah, I just watched ZOMBIE again last night... man, is that a great movie! I was watching it with a girlfriend of mine (not that way, just a friend that's a girl) and another friend that is a boy... and she had to turn away at most of the gory parts! She was like going insane during that eyeball piercing! She was screaming and "ewwwwwing" the whole time! :) It was so much fun! :D

4. Trout

Trout Guest

I went with Nightmare City. I'm not ashamed, I love this film.

5. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Ain't nothin' wrong with that.:evil:

6. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Return of the Living Dead and Day of the Dead vie for not only my favorite zombie films, but all-time fav horror films period. So it was a tough pick but I had to go w/ ROTLD as the rewatchability factor is through the roof.

7. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yeah, Nightmare City is a great film... nothing wrong with it being your favorite! :)

I just watched Plague of the Zombies... which I forgot to put on this list! :( I should have, as it is a wonderful movie. I have never liked British horror too much, with the exception of Frightmare, Asylum, and The Curse of Frankenstein (the three I can think of off the top of my head). I was pleasantly surprised with this film. The ending was a bit of a disappointment because the film took a different turn as the film progressed. Instead of focusing on the zombies the whole time, it switched to witchcraft, which surprised me as I thought the film was going to be about the zombies. It was... to a point. But overall it was a great film and from the start I got into it really quick... great story, great acting, and the Anchor Bay DVD's quality was fabulous with wonderful sound and picture. If any of you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. :)

8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

For me it was a draw between Dawn and Return. I guess I'm in a carefree mood cus I voted for Return. But in reality I can't choose.:D

9. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

WHAT???? No "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things"??? Though certainly not the best zombie movie, it is my favorite, and that's what this poll is about, right? To each his own!!!

10. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Yeah, I'm sorry about not putting that one. Either that or I should have put other. I'm bad with things like that... I have it all planned out but then when I go to do something I forget everything I plan.

Sorry to all who don't have their zombie films on the list... you can just not vote and tell us your favorite so we know why you didn't. :)

I didn't care for CSPWDT. I have to admit, though, that the ending was pretty cool... but to me it was boring for the most part. Just too talky for my taste. :(

11. marioscido

marioscido New Member

Was there such a thing as a "zombie movie" before George A. Romero? I guess not. :bs:

"I Walked with a Zombie" (1943) is my pick.

12. Dawn of the dead has my pick, although Dellamorte Dellamore,Burial Ground,Return of the Living dead,and City of the Living Dead are some other movies I like.

13. Jamm

Jamm J'aime les cadavres

But it's all that talking that makes it so damned funny!!! The script for this movie, combined with the bad acting (and over-acting), is the best part about it!!!

14. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I had an easy decision. Dawn of the Dead all the way. I love Romero's work, and the fact that his movies are basically local to me makes them all that much more cooler.

15. Latency

Latency Guest

If it makes you feel better I voted for ROTLD as well :) That might change when ROTLD2 comes out next year. Oh I can't wait !! :banana:

16. dwatts

dwatts New Member

If I had to go with a "favorite" then Night of the Living Dead" must take honors. Hard to pick one - but overall, the original has never been bettered.

17. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Voted for NOTLD but I too love Tourneur - I Walked With A Zombie is one of his best along with Cat People. Good choice Mario.

18. Masterbrain

Masterbrain Guest

I love Fulcis The Beyond and I voted for it...

19. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

It doesn't say "Best," so I'm going with my personal favorite for personal reasons (not that there's an OTHER option here to vote for) (why are people so wary of those?): Dead Dudes in the House.

Obviously, the classic zombie is best and the classic zombie can't speak. (Unless the classic cinematic zombie is someone like Frankenstein. Aka: Frankenstein's monster.) But, the 80's had to go and update every monster (vampire, werewolf, zombie, alien, etc). Which I'm all for. Adding extra dimensions to "the lore," etc. My personal favorite idea when it comes to zombies is that they are an incarnation of the dead who have knowledge of another realm of existence and their return to life comes with an evil/twisted perspective toward life on our Earthbound plane and potentially perverted memories. That their new reason for living is to kill out of a need for passing on their pain and their suffering. (After all: why "them" and not "someone else"?) This is also well examined by the likes of Pet Sematary, which yeah isn't very good but it really cuts harshly to the idea that zombies are malevolent and cruel and don't kill to eat, etc.

20. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Night of the Living Dead (1968) hands down. There couldn't be any Dawn without Night.