Fear the Walking Dead

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Dave

Dave Pimp

Starts Sunday. Anyone going to watch? Here's the first 3 minutes:

2. Copyboy

Copyboy Member

Gee, I was really looking forward to this until seeing that. Now I'm thinking it looks terrible.

3. Dave

Dave Pimp

I'm going to try it out for sure. That opening just doesn't give enough for me to make a decision.

4. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

The early word has been good. I'm optimistic.

5. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

I'll give it a shot...should be good enough to hold me over until Season 6 in October.:)

6. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I like the idea of going back and seeing the early stages of the outbreak. I like the idea of seeing this go down in an urban setting. But so far, I'm not liking the characters, especially the drug-addled son. I just cannot care about someone like that, and it doesn't help that the actor comes across as *ding* [CinemaSinsVoice] Discount Johnny Depp [/CinemaSinsVoice]. Actually, my GF called him Discount Skeet Ulrich, which makes him Double-discount Johnny Depp. Or Closeout, or Bargain Bin, you get the point. He's a mousy druggie and I don't care.

The viral video of the police incident reminded me too much of Diary of the Dead, and the "family" (can't wait to get into the drama of divorce and daddy issues :rolleyes:) shacking up with the old couple reminds me of World War Z. The season preview also shows some Purge-like rioting, which I'm looking forward to. So basically, I want to see destruction and urban breakdown, not drugs and divorce, in my zombie show. Will keep watching.

7. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I watched the 1.5 hr premier last night and to be honest it's a big cock tease. The first episode doesn't really deliver the chaos we are all craving to see. Some of the characters are more compelling than others but overall none are really all that interesting. The best part of it was the scenes from future episode compilation that looks like things will get fairly interesting at some point.

8. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Just returned from a work trip, and watched the opening scene before falling asleep--mostly due to work exhaustion. So far, the scariest thing was that guy's shirt--WTF? :D

9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Didn't even realize this had aired. Haven't seen any promotion for it whatsoever.

10. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I thought it was a good start. I stopped watching The Walking Dead some seasons ago. But this is a fresh start and we get to see normal life before the outbreak. It's only natural that they would develop the characters in the first episode.

11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I like The Walking Dead, but this one gave me an overall "meh" feeling. There's just not a lot more to be said about zombies at this point, especially if you're going status quo with the direction. I've only been impressed with variances like Dead Within, or that Japanese entry in The ABCs of Death 2.

At least it was good to see Lynn Chen as the bedpan-delivering nurse. She's a regular at one of the film festivals I work for.

12. Dave

Dave Pimp

I loved it but agree the Johnny Depp kid was annoying. I wanted to yell at him, telling him to wash his hair and
    remind him that drugs dealers hugging you is a bad sign

I actually think I'll enjoy this more than the walking dead. To me the collapse of society is far more interesting than the aftermath.

13. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I liked it overall. The opener kinda dragged at times, but they need to flesh out the character development (no pun intended). The Walking Dead started out slow as well and I still watch it every week. I like knowing what's about to happen and having knowledge that the character don't have.

14. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

It was alright so I'll keep watching. Much of it did drag along but I enjoyed the last 20 minutes.

15. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Nothing too impressive in my opinion, and Druggie Johnny Depp annoyed the hell out of me. Hopefully he'll get killed off in the second episode but that is highly unlikely. I've already paid for the whole first season on Amazon streaming and I know my wife will insist on watching it, so I'll probably stick around for the ride and see how it progresses.

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I thought the premiere episode was excellent. And the character Nick didn't bother me as I see it did many others here on this thread. I actually thought the diner scene were he met up with the drug dealer was excellent. I was quite impressed with this kid's acting at that point. Never seen in him any else, so I have nothing to go on but that the first episode.

Steel76 likes this.
  17. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

I thought that the wannabe Depp was a chick at first. :eek: Okay opener, but tomorrow's episode (when the shit starts to hit the fan) should be alot better.

I actually think the acting is a step up from The Walking Dead.

18. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Me too!! When I first watched the trailer for this, I thought it was a woman running out of the building. The acting is fairly good with Fear.

19. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

WTF I just realized this show is rated PG. Fuck that.

And whats with the mom's constant blue steel face? So annoying.

Think Im about done

20. Dave

Dave Pimp

PG, huh? I heard an '"asshole" tonight.

Second episode knocked it out of the park, in my opinion. I"m eating it up. I'm very pleased they aren't dragging things out (yet). I was worried it would take the entire season for society to start collapsing. Things have already started to hit the fan. Showing a few zombies here and there is definitely important, too.

Having said that, the collapse of society can only stay interesting so long. While I'm sure I'm going to love the first season, especially being only six episodes, we'll see how things go in season two. I still haven't forgiven Walking Dead for taking half a season to look for a little lost girl.