Fear the Walking Dead

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave, Aug 21, 2015.

1. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I like the show. I stopped watching Walking Dead two or three seasons ago with the stupid cops in the hospital scene.

I think the show is taking a slow route of showing how society breaks down. I liked how in the first episode we kept getting teased about when the zombies would show up. The people still trust that the government will get things under control. It's not like the first episode of Walking Dead yet. So I hope they take time and don't rush to that point any time soon.

2. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Just finished watching the season finale and I really enjoyed this new series. It was a slow burn but by the last couple of episodes all hell broke out. (someone mentioned this show was PG, couldn't be further than the truth) Can't wait for the second season. I suggest everyone give it a chance/look, the first season was only 6 episodes.

3. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

I agree. The helicopter scene alone would make it an R rating. I think this series is pretty decent. I look forward to next year.

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

the blu-ray and dvd of the first season is coming out dec 1st which is pretty damn fast this will be a definite buy I loved the season finale episode

5. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Let's hope that they stay near a city.
    I don't want them to hold up in a farm or in the woods for the next couple of seasons, like The Walking Dead.
    Fear has a bigger and more epic feel to it, and I hope it continues like that.

The characters is far more interesting and likable, compared to the annoying idiots in The Walking Dead, who ALL deserves to be eaten ;)

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Well I can tell you that the next season will involve Abagail. Dave Erickson the creator revealed this on Talking Dead. He also mentioned about possible encounters while Abagail, where they might go on the coastline, and further look into the military and how they are handling the situation. Where they go from there is still a mystery to the viewers, only Erickson knows the direction of the show. Which I really like because unlike Walking Dead, there's no book/comic to follow. The show can go in any direction they want. So the spoiler factor is very low. None of this, I read the book, so and so dies, they meet up with, etc...

7. ImmortalSlasher

I thought they rushed a bit to get to the end but I like the show for the most part. I didn't like a few of the surprises which felt kind of like the Walking Dead shock moments. If they continue that sort of thing I'll stop watching. But I want to see where this goes next season.

When I saw that I remembered that model that was on the news for walking into an airplane propeller. I don't know how she survived that.

8. Harry Warden

Did anybody catch the season opener? I liked it. Still low on the gore factor but the show is still holding my interest. I think Ruben Blades is still my favorite character so far. He is one smart SOB.

9. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I watched, but half-assed. This show is just not grabbing me, and I may just end up deleting it from the DVR.

CPT HOOK likes this.
  10. burieddeep

burieddeep Dr. Obrero

I liked the part that paid homage to Zombi Holocaust.:D

11. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

The outboard motor part was pretty decent. Yes Ruben Blades is one of my favorite characters too. Hope he sticks around for a long time.

12. ImmortalSlasher

I watched it but hated the stuff with the radio and the obvious that will probably happen. When it does, that's when I'll probably stop watching the show.

13. Harry Warden

Watched the second episode of season two last night and I must admit I am kinda on the fence with this series. I have to agree with those who were mentioning that this series is watered down. It may very well be a PG or PG-13 series. I didn't think so at first. I figured they would build up to the violence as time goes by, but the recent deaths and the after effects did not go hand in hand. For the sake of not spoiling the show, let's just say that a person who violently died on the show last night re-appears as a walker and they don't appear to have any physical damage done from their attacker. Also, the scene where a death takes place is very quickly cut without showing any type of gore. EXTREMELY LAME IMO. I was hoping that this wouldn't be the case but this series lacks any punch and the story is growing old and boring very quickly. I didn't think it would remain a PG show, but it looks like a it is. What a cop out.

14. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I deleted the series recording from my DVR yesterday. Life's too short.

15. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Assuming the death scene that you are talking about is the same person which you alluded to "re-appears as a walker". I think the reason why the scene was cut up was because of all who was involved.
    very young children

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Really? I'd stick to the series. The "story" is just different than the Walking Dead. Here in this story we don't know where the zombies are or not. It's the beginning stage of the breakout. The characters (and the viewers) don't know what's safe or not. You got this whole season and season three at a minimum to tell the story. Unlike the WD, which it's obvious that nowhere is safe, same thing every episode. Same plot fight off zombies, meet some warlord/warlords who want to rule in the zombie apocalypse, wash, rinse, repeat. In WD were up to the 4th "bad guys" scenario in the TV show. Same thing again, and again.

Big difference here is there are no books of the Fear so people can't compare.

17. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

But
    the kid took the poison pill, so she wouldn't have any damage. He must be referring to the mom, who did have a bit of blood on her but nothing else after the kid attacked her.

I almost dug this ep for some reason, even though I could see what was coming from the reveal of the fence on the beach. I fear where it will go next, and am also bummed it's so watered down compared to it's big brother.

18. Harry Warden

Bingo. She should of had some nasty face wounds. = nothing. Hell, even in the first episode of Walking Dead, the little girl in bunny slippers had multiple wounds and they shot Carol's daughter in the head for Christ sakes.

19. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

There is gore, but it's so badly edited, that it looks like they censored the attack, and you really have to go frame by frame to see it.
    I don't understand why this show is so light on gore. Isn't it shown on the same channel as the original show?

I'm probably gonna give it another episode, and see if it gets better again. This last episode was boring as hell.
    Especially since they introduced characters that we probably won't see again.
    Just felt like a filler episode.

Another reason why I might give up in this show, is that I am so sick and tired of the zombie genre.
    It's just the same damn thing over and over and over again. And this wave has gone on for 12-13 years now, without a break.
    And you can tell by know that the creators of the Walking Dead shows, has run out of cool and inventive ways to kill the zombies.
    It just the same quick stabs to the head, and that's basically it. Hell, the zombies barely show up anymore :D

20. Harry Warden

It looked like a jump-cut, it was so badly edited. Same channel as the original, but a different feel. I agree with Baggio about not having any source material like the original, so you don't know what to expect, but so far, it just seems under developed. With the introduction of new characters in last night's episode, they could have at least continued that story into the next episode. It just seems too rushed to me, and yeah...I was hoping the lack of gore was so the story could progress and since it was early in the plague but it seems a little "safe" for my liking. I do like the show but if the first two episodes are any judge of season two, I will be disappointed.