Final Friday Specs

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jun 29, 2004.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Paramount has issued a press release for their Friday the 13th DVD collection, entitled "From Crystal Lake to Manhattan". The 5-disc box set (2 films per disc, as well as a separate bonus disc) will retail for $60.00. The release date is set for October 5th. All the films will contain the same transfers as the previous discs, but there is a batch of new supplements that have been added. Here is a list of supplements:

• Cast commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th - PART 3 by author Peter Bracke and actors Larry Zerner, Paul Kratka, Dana Kimmell and Richard Brooker
    • Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VI: JASON LIVES by director Tom McLouglin
    • Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VII: THE NEW BLOOD by actor Kane Hodder and director John Carl Buechler
    • Commentary on FRIDAY THE 13th – PART VIII: JASON TAKES MANHATTAN by director Rob Hedden
    • A featurette “Tales From the Cutting Room,” in which exclusive deleted scenes and footage is revealed for the first time.
    • An 8-part featurette “The Friday The 13th Chronicles,” which looks at the legacy of the films throughout their history, featuring cast and crew commenting on each film and why they appeal to audiences. Includes Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Corey Feldman, Kane Hodder, Lar Park Lincoln, Betsy Palmer, Tom Savini and directors Sean Cunningham, Tom McLoughlin, Rob Heddon, Joseph Zito and John Carl Buechler.
    • A 3-part featurette “Secrets Galore Behind The Gore,” which looks at the work of master make-up effects designer Tom Savini in Part 1 and Part IV and John Carl Buechler in Part VII. Includes rare and never-before-seen footage, drawings and stills illustrating the make-up techniques used to create Jason and achieve elaborate death scenes.
    • A featurette “Crystal Lake Victims Tell All!,” in which cast and crew from various films share amusing anecdotes. Includes Corey Feldman, Larry Zerner, Adrienne King, Amy Steel, Lar Park Lincoln and directors.
    • A featurette “Friday Artifacts and Collectibles,” which looks at props and collectables from the films.
    • The theatrical trailers from all 8 movies except Part VI, which is represented by the teaser trailer.

Attached Files:

2. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I'm one disc away from having all the Paramount titles on the single releases so I'm just gonna go that route. Some of the extras there sound quite interesting, but I'm not gonna double-dip on the same transfers for extras that I'll most likely watch once only. Now if we were talking about the films being presented uncut then that would be another story......

3. Matt1977

Matt1977 Guest

Finally.....it's official.....Finally Friday fans get something worth paying for.

4. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

I'm getting this set. I only have the R2 Friday the 13th, The Final Chapter, and Jason Lives.
    I can double-dip. No big deal...

5. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Well, I would've liked uncut releases, but I think I'll be content with this.

6. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

its released October 5th, right? not August?

7. nosmoke

nosmoke New Member

:mad: That's a terrible collection.
    Paramount has no respect to Friday fans. I too like SaviniFan, have all of the Friday titles on the old DVD release and have no intention of even looking at the direction of this new release.

I would give anything to see all of the films Uncut with lots of extras. but those extras here are nothing compared to what I first expected when I heard about the plans for releasing this collection.
    And all the movies are brought here in their extremly cut theatrical release version.

I hate Paramount for not thinking just a little bit more about their fans. I'm sure that if they took some extra months to create this collection and add some more extras and deliver us the uncut version of the films, the sells of this collection would have been tripled or even more.

8. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

this set seems to be ok. im glad its at a resonable price and not some 89.99 shit or something. does anyone think that paramount might redo some of the transfers like for the final chapter? that disc looked really bad at parts and the color timing was way off like when tina is grabbed and thrown out the window by jason

9. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

i seriously doubt they touched up the transfers at all.

10. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

I only like parts 2, 6, and 8 (not even that much) so I'll pass. If this set was around $40, i'd consider it.

11. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

As I've managed to restrain from purchasing the single releases, even when some titles hit bargain bucket prices, I'm actually quite excited about this set! I understand the disappointment that these aren't uncut but as a first-time purchase, it's not a bad box....

12. Matt1977

Matt1977 Guest

Yes Paramount could have taken more time and put together a total kick ass set but, think about it. How long did that petition to get Part 7 uncut on dvd circulate? They don't care what the fans want. The Friday franchise is the bastard son of the studio, they were/are ashamed of it. I'm kind of shocked that some of the films have commentaries.

13. I thought Part I was getting some kinda upgraded transfer?!?!? Well, I'll probably dip on this one 'cause I only gots me Parts I & VIII (Paramount's bookend Friday's) which I'm looking to trade anyways so I can just get this Box set!

p.s. - If anyone is interested, check out my trade thread.

14. Tad Ghostal

Tad Ghostal Guest

I'm torn as to whether or not I'll purchase this. I have all the movies on DVD already. I'm interested in bonus stuff, but I don't know...I don't get Paramount's decision to do this so half-assed. This isn't a horrible box, but it could be much better.

15. DrGerbil

DrGerbil Member

Precisely... no way i'm dropping $60 on it and even if I did, it would be sold after a good once over... :fire:

16. It's inevitable that Paramount will double dip on this collection. The fact that Paramount has always clearly been ashamed of the franchise and was just milking it all these years is not the dead give away. It's that it almost seems like they(toybox/toolbox? under Paramount's control mind you) purposely put no effort toward cleaning up the transfer or even fully remastering them not to mention building 5.1 for them, however I will forgive them for not releasing the films uncut for the fact that there's so many lost snippets and cuts that we may not see that until they(the dvds) are double dipped 4 or 5 years from now or maybe not even till 2010 where the first Friday the 13th will have it's "30th anniversary" ploy. I can imagine it now, the definitive Friday the 13th collection, fully remastered, 5.1 surround sound, and never before now uncut in all it's glory on the new HD-DVD retailing at $149.99 and of course releasing newly found special features and the other extras they already had, but kept from us this time around. I'm quite the hypocrite however for I will buy this version and even the next one, and the next one after that. I was lucky, I never even thought about buying the first released DVD's because I new Paramount would eventually go cha-ching! Bitches.(I meant that towards Paramount).

17. prez387w

prez387w New Member

I will support all FRIDAY the 13TH releases. Dvds have really given us horror nuts lots to cheer about. I would have never thought of getting most of my horror collection on DVD. I know they will eventually re-release the FRIDAYS uncut, but for now, the new EXTRAS will be worth it. And YES I do own all the FRIDAYS on DVD!
    Joe 10

18. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I think so too - I already have all of them, but if I didn't...

19. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I sold off all my original dvds of the series last yer when I heard about this box set coming out, and while I am less than thrilled overall I will definitely be picking it up. hopefully the "cutting room floor" feature will have some decent gory scenes to enjoy, at least. I love these movies, so I shamefully admit I would also pick up the upgrade in the future, in which we will hopefully finally see these UNCUT!!!

20. JEDEITOR

JEDEITOR Guest

Ok, this is sh*t. If you just own some or none of the old DVDs it might be ok, but for the rest of us... it's just a repack of the old discs with, yeah, commentaries and a disc of bonus features. They should just sell the bonus DVD and stop trying to cheat us.