Final Friday Specs

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Mattster

Mattster Guest

Fuck studios for messing with dvdcoverart.com. They weren't causing anyone any harm.

2. Your right SwampThing, The New Blood is being released in 5.1, but it was already originally released that way in the first place, the point I was making is that the new company toybox has made no new 5.1 tracks, but yes your right they are re-releasing it in 5.1

3. Well most likely it'll go down to $45-50 at certain stores, such as Best Buy, who give price breaks for more business. I think it's garbage, and a slap in the face to "Friday" fans, to see these kind of special features. It should've been uncut, but it looks like this is the best we'll get, and for $45-50 bucks, I think it's worth a purchase. Hell, I dropped $50 just buying the bare-bones discs of Parts 2 & 4. So I think it's worth it for that reason, but this is just another prime example of how Paramount doesn't give a damn about the "Friday" films, or their fans.

4. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

No uncut me no buying, no matter how many "cool" extras are included on the bonus disc.

5. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

friday the 13th box set

I can't believe ANYBODY is thinking about buying this, the studio has not given us what we want (uncut versions of all films) so we should NOT BUY this travesty period!!!

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

-- They weren't causing anyone any harm.--

Of course they were. Pirates were extensively using the site to make covers for their illegal discs. Plus, it's simply a matter of copyright. Is it really surprising to you that you're not really allowed to copy covers that others have made for commercial use? That law is as old as the hills (as they say) :)

There's nothing to stop people opening a site of fan made covers - as long as they're not simply copies of the real thing.

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--Hell, I dropped $50 just buying the bare-bones discs of Parts 2 & 4. So I think it's worth it for that reason--

Hm, for me it would a question of whether I'd spend ANOTHER $50. Not at all based on what I'd spent in the past.

8. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I suppose I'll get the Box set...sometime this year. I wish, however, that Amy Steel would have given an audio commentary - but her interviews should be more than enough. I also wish the films were uncut. Still, the Part 3 commentary is a shock. I'm buying the set just for that. I wonder if they'll have any TV spots instead of just the regular trailers. I recall Part 2 having the most varied spots on TV - some were short, some were long.

9. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Speak for yourself! :fuck:

10. kmkuwap

kmkuwap Guest

:fire:

Never liked these movies so not bothered

might buy the first one on region 2 but thats it

11. NDIrish7

NDIrish7 Guest

I bought parts I and VI. I have been holding off buying others until the boxed set comes out. What disappoints me the most might be a clue to who else should be responsible (Other than Paramount) for the boxed set being less than a TOTAL success in the fans' view. What disappoints me the most is that it appears that the original does not get any extras at all. That also brings me to another point: Befoe totally blaming Paramount, what responsibility do Steve Miner and Sean Cunningham have? THEY were the ones who should have MADE SURE Paramount treated their movie with the love it deserves.

There is a place in Indy called "The Lasers Edge". They carry some various regions other than ours in the USA. I have seen a copy of Friday the 13th laying up there. I think it is the region for England. It is uncut and has a commentary. Where was Miner and Cuningham telling Paramount to include it for the USA?

12. True, but I see it as, I paid $50 for two bare-bones discs. This time, i'm paying for 8 films, and some pretty good extras. That's how I see it. I paid $50 for two bare discs, what's the big deal in $50 for the first eight films & special features? :banana:

But regardless .... :fire: Paramount :fuck:

13. Michael

Michael Guest

No commentary on Part 1? How is this possible? There wasn't a single person associated with the original film that started the series available to sit down for two god damned hours?

14. NDIrish7

NDIrish7 Guest

Another thing that bugs me is the way some actors/actresses treat horor movies after they have macde it bigger (In the mainstream sense). Kevin Bacon never, to my knowledge will acknowledge that he was in Friday the 13th. Likewise, Jason Alexander, the rolly polly one from Seinfeld was in a horror movie called "The Burning" which is soon to be released on dvd. Watch for him. All praise goes out to Jamie Lee Curtis who has said she is proud of her beginnings.

15. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

George Clooney still acknowledges that he was in Return of the Killer Tomatoes. :D

16. NDIrish7

NDIrish7 Guest

Thats great! George was also in "Return to Horror High".

17. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

it's funny how AB promoted his name all over Return to Horror High, when in reality, his role was very small.

18. JEDEITOR

JEDEITOR Guest

----I think it is the region for England. It is uncut and has a commentary. Where was Miner and Cuningham telling Paramount to include it for the USA?----

Warner holds the rights of the first friday, so I guess they called Sean to do the commentary and they also did the documentary themselves, so Paramount doesn't have the rights to use it. Of course Paramount could have called Sean for another commentary, but here I see three options:

A) They did call, and he rejected the offer after realizing the crap Paramount was gonna sell.

B) They didn't call because they thought:"Oh, f*ck the fans, that damned freaks will buy the set anyways!"

C) They did call, he rejected and they thought: "Oh, f*ck that bunch of freaks, let's release another amazing boxset of Star Trek!"

I think they chose "C".

19. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Same with Billy Bob Thorton in Chopperchicks in Zombietown. It is absolutely hilarious, and kind sad, how they took a screencap of him, enlarged it, and stuck it smack dab on the cover, while all the main characters have a teeny little space at the bottom.Ok, getting way off topic here. i'll stop, back to Friday the 13th. I'm still picking this thing up, it'll be my first DVD purchase for most of the films anyway.

20. I understand why a lot of people are disappointed in the set, but I'm pretty excited about it. I on't own any of the original discs on DVD--I was tempted when they all dropped in price, but that was about when I heard about the box so I held off--so this set will be great for me and others like me. Those of you who already have many or all of the discs, I sympathize. But for the rest of us, this is a pretty killer set.

Also, I can understand why some people are upset about not getting uncut releases, but I like the cut versions. They're the ones I remember seeing as a kid, and the ones I rent from the video store every once in a while. Of course, I would still REALLY like to see uncut versions, but I'm not losing anything by buying cut versions. I'm just buying the films I've always enjoyed.

Of course, I would still REALLY like to see uncut versions.