Final Friday Specs

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Disapointing Release...

Have held off on buying any of the Friday titles, as I was hoping that eventually they would get kick ass special dvd editions comparable to Pioneer's Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Anchor Bay's Halloween. However, it seems that with this announcement Paramount has once again dropped the ball. Each film should have been a separate disc with its own special features, remastered audio/video, liner notes, etc-I would have gladly shelled out 100$-150$ bucks for this, however as it stands this will be a pretty flimsy excuse for a box set.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

We can't get too picky here.

3. DrGerbil

DrGerbil Member

Um, yes we can. I still have SP copies of all these films and frankly, the box set is NOT a must own. Oh well, my tapes will hold me over until HD rolls around... :fire:

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Going back and reading my post I realize I was a little too vague. It's fine to be picky, but I just think its funny how a lot of us (myself included sometimes) seem to think that Paramount owes us these extravagant Special Editions. I mean don't you guys realize that if enough of the Friday fans have this mentality and this box set doesn't sell, that that'll most likely be the end for Friday the 13th as far as Paramount is concerned? This is the best thing we can get right now, and there's no guarantee that there will be anything better in the future. If you feel like waiting than more power to you, for your sake I hope there will be a new and improved set down the road, but I will be perfectly content, atleast for the time being, with this set.

5. Stige

Stige Active Member

I am a sucker, I will no doubt buy the box set. After all i bought return of the living dead because mgm said if enough sold they would consider an "ultimate edition" I wont get rid of my single discs either. That makes four friday discs so far( part one)

6. True, if enough people don't buy this set, Paramount will have lost alot of money and they would be very hesitant to double dip with a diffinitive box set. Either that or we will just have to start harrassing Paramount all over again to get an amazing box set. And trust me, if they hate us now, they'll really hate us then. OK, that's not true, Paramount loves us, were their little money makers.

7. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I had Friday, Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4, and sold all copies when I read that Paramount was releasing the first 8 movies on DVD. I will most defintely buy this box set. I have Friday the 13th on VCD, which is the UNCUT version, and is the only way of knowing to get the 1st Friday the 13th UNCUT. I also have Friday the 13th, Part 3 in 3D. I purchased it on eBay about a year ago. In order to view Friday the 13th in 3D, you must have the LCD Shutter type glasses, which you can buy off of eBay. I was hoping that Paramount might buy Part 3 in 3D, just like it was originally released in 1983. I guess I will keep the copy I have.

8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

There is an R2 DVD and an R3 DVD which present Friday the 13th in it's uncut form.

9. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

Evildeadfan123-
    How does the 3D work with the shutter glasses? I had also considered picking this up off of ebay, but wasn't sure how effective it would be. I got a producer's cut version of Halloween 6 off of the same guy (I think) who was selling this, and it was very interesting and worth getting even if the footage from the producer's cut was not in pristine shape.

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Like I said in other threads, I will buy this.....USED!
    Paramount will never get another dime of my money after this shit, any P title I want I will wait and get it at a used store so they don't get shit from me!
    FUCK YOU PARAMOUNT!

11. Vinman6

Vinman6 Guest

so... what the hell is the point if these aren't the uncut versions!?? Frankly, this is pretty bad of paramount to do this to fans... a real big toe up the ass!

12. You know, i'm undecided on what to buy, but I don't blame the fans for this attitude. Paramount are a bunch of blowhards. I mean from what I understand, Toybox or whatever the production company was called, wanted to do much more, but Paramount had the "oh that's enough, don't do anymore, it isn't that big of a deal".

That's what I heard. But it could be rumor ...

13. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Friday the 13th, 3D is easy to get. All you need to do is get the LCD Shutter glasses from Best Buy, the only bad thing about that is it costs about $85.00 plus tax, and you get 3 3D movies, depending on what set you get. The best place to try would be eBay. That were I purchased my LCD Shutter Glasses. Movies that were originally released in 3D, actually look really good with the LCD Shutters. House of Wax, is another movie, which I just received today, and I will watch it later. House of Wax is the 1953 movie with Vincent Price, and Charles Bronson.

14. H0MOSareGAY

H0MOSareGAY Guest

This is bullshit. I've been holding out on all the paramount films so I could get the boxed set. Fuck paramount, I'm not buying it. I'll tape them when they're on HBO.

15. It would've been better uncut, and if the series is/was the bastard son, then why'd they agree to do them in the first place??

16. They knew if they spent very little, they'd make a profit.

17. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I wil still buy this even though I own all the Friday's on DVD afterall I have the Evil Dead trilogy boxset and Evil Dead 3 again becuase of the alternate ending. I am quite excited about seeing the extras and I don't really care that all the films are 2 to a disc it just saves room for storage.