First look at Rob Zombie's version of Michael Myers

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by broadwayrock, Feb 25, 2007.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

Even the parents were essentially turned into horny little teenagers too, although their dialogue at least wasn't as vulgar (but daddy still drops an F-bomb when forgetting his briefcase) as the rest of them. And Dee Wallace didn't get raped with a pistol, so props to Rob for that.

2. Buddusky

Buddusky New Member

Rob Zombie is an arsehole in my opinion by his comments above. He is saying the original Halloween film is shit. I couldn't have cared less about all the characters that were in his remake as they were nearly all pervs with no character whatsoever, unlike the original classic. He wouldn't touch Chainsaw because it was perfect but would touch Halloween. "Go remake something that's a piece of shit and make it good". Yea sure Rob.

3. rhett

rhett Administrator

I'm pretty sure he thinks Carpenter's is perfect too, so I think it's just more a case of creative bankruptcy more than a disrespect for the original. He probably got a good paycheck too, if Dimension put him through the ringer with re-shoots and he still signed on for a two picture deal. It's all about the art, though.

4. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Was that supposed to be a can't?

5. Slow

Slow Guest

No

6. onebyone

onebyone Guest

You mean rhett didn't like this movie? I really would've thought he would have LOVED it. I am shocked. Really.

7. rhett

rhett Administrator

It's about as predictable as you liking it, I guess.

8. Slow

Slow Guest

[​IMG]

REOW!

9. onebyone

onebyone Guest

:lol: It reminds me of when betterdan was here and would parrot things back to you. Good times. Let me try again..

And almost as predictable as you finding something misogynistic in movies you do not like while ignoring it in those movies you do like.

In truth, I didn't call Halloween 2007 a masterpiece and hail it from the rooftops though. That I reserve for The Devil's Rejects.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2007
  10. rhett

rhett Administrator

Since I'm all about parroting, I'm not waging a vendetta against HALLOWEEN. That I reserve for THE DEVIL'S REJECTS.

When do I ignore misogyny?

11. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I don't understand how anyone can accuse someone of being misogynistic by watching their films. It's a just a movie. Do we need to post a message at the end of the film "No women were hurt in the making of this film"

Even if you think a film is misogynistic so what? It's a move. Even if you think it may be a reason to criticize the directors morality, it's not a valid point in criticizing the film itself.

There is a reason why women are usually portrayed as the victims in horror films. It's because like it or not they are the physically "weaker" sex, therefore the suspense is increased.

Let's not make it into a bigger deal then it is.

12. rhett

rhett Administrator

I'm not really sure what you mean by this. Misogyny does not mean hurting women. It means (among other things) holding a point of view that demonstrates a genuine dislike for the female gender. THE BIRTH OF A NATION is a racist film, but no African Americans were hurt during its making.

When it's ROB ZOMBIE'S HALLOWEEN, and his personal stamp is so strikingly evident throughout, I think it's pretty easy to link the point of view of the film and of the director as one and the same.

If that's the truth, then why not make every victim a baby (girl) then? They are way weaker than guys like Rob Zombie and even women.

I didn't think I was making a big deal of it at all. It's basically been established by THE DEVIL'S REJETS that Zombie is one, so I just passed it off as a given. The fact that Rob Zombie disrespects women is far from the worst thing about HALLOWEEN, which is why I hardly touched on it at all.

13. Dave

Dave Pimp

Nice job, Rhett. Fat kid! With you liking even a bit of Halloween Resurrection, I was nervous you would like this pile of dog doo.

14. rhett

rhett Administrator

I still think the way Jamie Lee's farewell is handled marks a fine end to the series, even if the rest of the movie is mostly just passable. I probably overlooked some misogyny though, so don't take it as a full-out recommendation.

15. onebyone

onebyone Guest

:lol:

No it hasnt been established at all. SOME folks may think so, but it is certainly NOT a written in blood fact. I do so love it when you get pissed off for us women folk though.

16. rhett

rhett Administrator

Right, since only a woman has the right to gage whether something said or done towards a woman is offensive. Since I'm white I probably wasn't fit to call THE BIRTH OF A NATION racist, either.

17. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

REMOVED by Dave - PLAY NICE

18. Dave

Dave Pimp

Guys, we are allowed to disagree. Clearly the horror are split on this one. But it's equally clear that those liking it are tards.

19. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I understand that but even if he did hate women and portrayed that in his films. As long as there is no evidence that he acts on those feelings in real life (not make believe land which we are talking about here) then it wouldn't matter to me. Most people hold a inner prejudice against a race or genre, that doesn't mean I hate most people. Again If they acted on this prejudice that would be another story.

20. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish