First look at Rob Zombie's version of Michael Myers

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by broadwayrock, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Slow

Slow Guest

The Weinstein Company and Genius Entertainment gave Fango the first word on the final specs for its DVD releases of Rob Zombie’s HALLOWEEN, coming December 18. The movie will be issued in both the R-rated theatrical version and a widescreen director’s cut running 11 minutes longer; the former will be presented in both widescreen and fullscreen, while the latter will be letterboxed only, and all will have Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtracks. Both will be double-disc editions chock full of special features:

• Audio commentary by writer/director Zombie
    • 17 deleted scenes with optional Zombie commentary
    • Alternate ending
    • Re-Imagining HALLOWEEN documentary
    • A Conversation With Rob Zombie featurette
    • Meet the Cast featurette
    • The Many Masks of Michael Myers featurette
    • Bloopers
    • Casting session footage
    • Laurie Strode screen test

Retail price for both versions will be $29.95; cover art is coming any day now!

2. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

So the Unrated one is in fact the Director's Cut?? Sweet!

3. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

LOL, I fucked up that one. Try this:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/10240

I agree with you about sticking both versions together. Being a fan of alternate cuts, I would like to have both the theatrical and unrated version. I guess I'll wait to find the TC used somewhere.

4. Slow

Slow Guest

I'll be buying both for collection reasons. I own both versions of the original.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

11 minutes longer? Wasn't the workprint considerably shorter? I would think the workprint is the true director's cut as that's what got turned in first, but what do I know?:nervous:
    I'll still give an unrated 3rd version a try, but will never throw out that workprint custom I have (unless it comes out legitly someday).
    I can see this being like Blade Runner 20 years down the road, with 5-10 versions to choose from. It already has 3 and isn't even out on dvd yet.:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Then they'll be the eventual TV edit.

Not sure if it'll beat Halloween 6, which has 5 versions.

7. bigdaddyhorse

If they make an airplane version, it's right there.;) I kinda doubt they'll play this on a plane, but you never know...

8. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Thanks for the new and improved link rxfiend! :p

I will likely hold on to the workprint for dear life as I love it, get the Director's Cut the day it comes out, wait for the theatrical cut to drop in price and grab it used, and wait expectantly for that Bigdaddyhorse sponsored Michael Myers on a Plane version :lol: to hit later on.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2007
  9. bigdaddyhorse

Don't tell anyone, but someday I'm gonna open my airline, or at least make a movie, called Scare Air c. Not sure what I'd make the script about, but if it's an airline it will show nothing but horror and air/airline disaster films.:D
    Of course a Halloween version for Scare Air c will probably be the workprint, unless the director's cut has something to do with planes in it.:D

I'm working on my playlist but might have to start another thread to complete it. Undecided if Soul Plane will make it, but Snakes on a Plane will be on the maiden flight for sure.:lol:

10. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Book me a ticket! :banana:

PS That would be a great thread idea. I am sure Hellbilly could help you come up with at least 10 triple features for your longer flights.

11. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

Bloody Disgusting has posted an interview with Zombie and there's some bad news for all your workprint fans. Here's a few excerpts, followed by the link to the full interview.

Halloween DVD: Rob Zombie Clears the Air

12. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

So he's putting the rape scene back in? Did I read that right?

13. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

That's what I gather, yes. Although, I haven't seen any version of this film so I can't really say.

14. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

That's a good thing. I think that worked allot better then the escape scene in the Theatrical version.

15. bigdaddyhorse

Big time better, unless there's another escape scene and our "bullshit workprints" have try #2 or 3 on them. The theater escape was so bad on so many levels that it will probably be fun to go back and look at when those theater cut dvds hit the super-cheap rack/bin.:D

16. Having never seen the workprint version, I can say that a director's cut sounds good to me. The best parts of the film for me were where Zombie was adding his own material instead of remaking the existing stuff, and I'm hoping that his director's cut will focus more on his own creation than recreating the original. We'll see, though.

17. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

18. Excellent. I was already going to buy it, but now I'm actually a little excited about it.

19. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I just read that review and it has only enticed me to get this a.s.a.p.

20. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

If I can find this film dirt cheap I'll pick it up. Theres no way I'm paying $20 for this turkey.