Forgotten Genre? The Mexican Slasher!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by NewYawkRipper, Mar 16, 2005.

1. I originally posted this on RUE Mortuary, but with little response, these films DESERVE the attention!

It seems like not to many people are Familiar with the Mexican Slasher Genre, well everybody, if you are a slasher fan you are definetly missing out, Heres a few great Films that must be seen, especially This one:

Ladrones De Tumbas (AKA Grave Robbers)- Directed by Ruben Galindo Jr. in 1989, Ladrones de Tumbas is the story of 4 grave robbing teens who accidentally stumble across a forgotten underground tomb. Little to the grave robbers knowledge, this tomb was used during the Inquisition for Satanic Rituals and torture. The robbers ransack the tomb, stealing everything, unfortunately for them they have just made a "grave" Mistake (I had to)...An Evil Warlock who was put to death for worshipping the devil is ressurected! The warlock before being put to death promised that he would return and enact a gory revenge, well its about to happen......

Id like to add that the Warlock is an insanely bad ass looking Zombified Monster who wields a Giant BATTLE AXE! Lots of Beheadings, Impalements, Face Crushing, limb chopping, and other great gore scenes take place! I HIGHLY reccomend this film, it is one of my all time favorite slashers and shouldnt be missed by anyone!

Heres 2 more Great mexican Slashers:

Howling Terror- Directed in 1990 by Rene Cordona III, Howling Terror is the story of a group of Jungle Explorers who come across the forgotten Burial Ground of the demon "Chaneque", The explorers steal the treasures from the burial ground, thus ressurecting the demon! Chaneque sets out on a gory Demon-esque rampage, slaughtering all that gets in its way! This film is very gory, with alot of Shredding by claw, Face and body chewing, and blood spraying everywhere! The demon looks similar to "Rawhead Rex", but much more bad ass.

Trampa Infernal (The Infernal Trap)- Directed by Pedro Galindo in 1989, Trampa Infernal is the story of a deranged Vietnam vet who lives in the woods and stalks teenagers that come across his path (whether it be hunters or hikers). This film is a throwback to some of the earlier slashers. The Killer wears a Michael Myers type mask and has a Freddy krueger-ish Razor Glove. The Killer even stalks his prey in an almost Predator like fashion. Lots of Throat slashing, Stomach tearing, Explosions, gunshots, this film really has it all and is alot of fun, especially if youre a slasher fan, youll be able to pick out sooooo many references to past slashers, it truly is a great film.

I highly reccomend these 3 films and suggest everyone gives them a try, you wont be dissapointed!

LADRONES DE TUMBAS IS ******* AMAZING!

2. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Did you have to watch these in Spanish or can you give me some clues as to where to find them in English?

3. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I haven't seen those, but I really like the older ones like THE BRAINIAC, CURSE OF THE CRYING WOMAN, and NIGHT OF THE BLOODY APES.

4. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

trampa infernal is great

5. I'd love to watch all three, especially Ladrones De Tumbas that movie sounds awesome.

6. Their all in Spanish, but not very hard to follow, its all your typical slasher kind of stuff, kids running around, trying to escape, but just end up being slaughtered in the end. Their was a Subtitled bootleg of Ladrones De Tumbas floating around, as well as Howling terror.

7. Wayne Manor

Wayne Manor New Member

The first film version of the Jack the Ripper story, "El Destripador", was filmed in Mexico in 1914. More Mexican slasher information, please

8. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

anyone have any idea where to get these films? they sound pretty cool.

9. Dilmo

Dilmo Guest

I thought this thread was about tires. :hum:

10. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Never Got Into This Genre

11. Ive seen VHS copies of Trampa Infernal on ebay, the only other way to view the others will most likely be bootleg, since I doubt anyone will ever put them out on legit DVD.

12. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Trampa Infernal is available on ebay right now. 6 copies left. $12.99 + shipping
    here's the cover:
    [​IMG]
    not sure about buying it as the price is a little high and the shipping is another $5.95 US (international shipping) and it's a VHs tape with no subtitles. we'll see if i get the job i'm trying for tomorrow....

13. yeah those have been up off and on for awhile now. Its worth the price seeing as how its the only legit release, or there is midnight video.

14. Wayne Manor

Wayne Manor New Member

"Terror y encajes negros" ("Terror and Black Lace") from 1985 is another one. Any others this thread might have missed?

15. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

I finally caught up with Cemetery Of Terror a few nights back. Pretty hokey stuff, but have to say I really enjoyed it. It's almost like three movies in one, with them all weaving together. You get the standard "teens in a creepy old house getting picked off" plot, a group of trick-or-treaters being terrorized by zombies in the cemetery, and the Dr. Loomis style cops vs satanic serial killer subplot. Really great atmosphere throughout, and a sense of fun that is sorely lacking in today's genre fare. I wish today's teenagers would put their damn phones down and go throw a rowdy Halloween party in a graveyard with a zombified madman roaming about.

I had watched Don't Panic about a decade ago and remember thinking it was one of the worst slasher movies I had ever seen at the time. But my tolerance for bad slashers has strengthened considerably since then, and I'd probably really enjoy it now. Planning on revisiting it in the near future.

Outside of BCI's Crypt Of Terror: Horror From South Of The Border DVD set, are there any other R1 Mexican slasher DVD releases out there? Can you say Mexican Slasher Project, Arrow?

16. TheWZA

TheWZA Active Member

I'm not personally aware of any other R1 releases, but that OOP BCI set is pure gold. Grave Robbers feels like a Mexican Friday the 13th movie.

17. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Yes there is tons of Mexican slashers out there. I will do some homework tonight and update this response. Just bare in mind most of the movies I will recommend are in Spanish. No subtitles no English dub and very hard to find. Allot of the movies are fleamarket bootlegs on pressed discs. Other stuff is dvdr's grabbed off cinemageddon and various sites. It's just very time consuming to dig these movies up. But if you want the info I will steer the boat your direction. I'll be back in a few hours after I finsh digging through my stuff. But yes there was allot of crazy slashers from the 80's heyday of Mexican cinema. I am a huge fan of that genre though I don't speek Spanish. If something is impossible to track down I may opt out from reccomending it.

18. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Man why do you guys put ideas into my head?? I went ahead and ordered this off of ebay today! lol

19. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Sorry but your wallet is going to take an ass beating.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  20. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Buy here unless you want to buy these elseware!

Cazador de demonios - Wolfman horror supernatural
    http://www.amazon.com/Cazador-Demon...458357969&sr=1-1&keywords=cazador+de+demonios

Mas negro que la noche -Supernatural slasher
    http://www.amazon.com/Negro-Blacker...358034&sr=1-3&keywords=mas+negro+que+la+noche

Una rata en la obscuridad - Supernatural horror + Maldicion del monisterio - supernatural slasher 2 movies
    http://www.amazon.com/Una-Rata-Obsc...qid=1458358119&sr=1-1&keywords=una+rata+en+la

Extrano hijo del sheriff - Supernatual horror
    http://www.amazon.com/El-Extrano-Hi...d=1458358165&sr=1-2&keywords=extrano+hijo+del

Carceria Humana Horror- slasher- thriller
    http://www.amazon.com/Caceria-Human...8358230&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=carceria+humana

La Muerte del chacal - slasher film
    http://www.amazon.com/Muerte-del-Ch...58358283&sr=1-1&keywords=la+muerte+del+chacal

Massacre En rio grande - slasher film
    http://www.amazon.com/Masacre-En-El...8358284&sr=1-1&keywords=masacre+en+rio+grande

Viaje directo al infierno - supernatural horror - shot on video
    http://www.amazon.com/Directo-Infie...458358447&sr=1-2&keywords=directo+al+infierno

El Maleficio 2 - Viaje directo al infierno - Los Ojos de un nino - triple feature supernatural horror
    http://www.amazon.com/ENVIADOS-INFI...458358447&sr=1-3&keywords=directo+al+infierno

Asesino Nocturno - slasher
    http://www.amazon.com/Asesino-Nocturno-Andres-Garcia-Gregorio/dp/B00AL1VU5M

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016