Four Flies on Grey Velvet DVD News

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Or at least it pretty much looks like it:
    All from this thread over at DVD Maniacs:
    http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10683&page=11&pp=15

I'd say a few bananas are in place here :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: and the odd eek smiley too:eek1: ,because frankly I never thought I'd see a (legit) DVD release of this.....I almost cried while reading the thread....

2. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

strangely enough this doesn't excite me, but i will surely buy this when it comes out!

3. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I doubt it would be a R1. Argento at the festival of fear said there is little chance of a DVD release in the near future. Something about Paramount still owning him money. He didn't go into to much detail but it didn't sound very promising.

4. rhett

rhett Administrator

Luigi Cozzi explains in the extras for THE STENDHAL SYNDROME that Paramount owns half the rights, and the Argento estate owns the other half. Argento has approached Paramount a number of times to strike a deal, but Paramount wants way to much money for any sort of headway to be achieved. If somehow a release got out though, that'd be amazing.

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

The image quality in those shots has "bootleg" written all over them. No cigar, and at this point people should pick up an automatic five day ban for starting threads suggesting this is being released without a real press release. :D

6. Noto

Noto Guest

Some day this will be released, and you will all be let down like a fat kid that arrives to the party to find out no one brought pie.

Four Flies on Grey Velvet is Argento's worst film. Hands down. It's right up there with the fucking Card Player.

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

That assumes we've not seen it before. This hasn't had a DVD release, but it's not like it's never been released before.

8. Noto

Noto Guest

Four Flies only exists in its aura of inaccessibility. Sure, people have seen it, but others inability to watch it gives the film a mystique that, when finally removed, will expose the film for the lowest-rent giallo that it is.

9. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Now now, Dwatts--don't be too harsh on little Crystal...see all the bananas she had posted? She was so happy to think that the movie about flies drinking black velvet or whatever it is called was coming out...

I share your frustration when you read threads, get excited and then find out that there is probably no way it could be legit (or sometimes true at all), but shame on you for being so frightening--after all, Crystal probably thought she'd be spreading some great news that would make everyone happy...

10. blood vamp

blood vamp Guest

Crystal I would love to see Mondo Macabro or Synapse take a shot at doing a class dvd of this title with the original negatives, if they in fact still exist.

11. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

Four Flies is Argento's best giallo from his early trilogy, it has a wonderful and tragic killer and some of the most inventive and well played scenes in his filmography.

Seeing it in big screen is a great experience.

12. Crystal Plumage

Sorry about that,Kate.

13. Crystal Plumage

Although i hate to admit it,I think you're right about this.
    Still,the guy who posted it in the first place (at Maniacs) works for a German DVD company (NEW) and he's not the one to spread rumors about some bootleg release.
    We're getting closer,that's what counts anyway.

I don't know why Kate is such a bitch though.

14. killit

killit Active Member

Personally I think it has SAMPLE written all over it.
    This looks like a DRAGON has something to do with it

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  15. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I'm a bitch because when you're old and fat ,sometimes that's all you have left...

Actually, I was trying to shield you from the wrath of other fans who might be upset that you posted an alert that may have not been factual...

AND, (actually x 2), I was totally kidding in the first place because I love Dwatts and his comments, and without him this just wouldn't be the same place.

16. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

No, it wouldn't. It would be BETTER!

I kid, of course I kid! :D

17. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

Just curious, what about the pics suggest that it's a bootleg. The images don't look too bad to me.

18. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Look - I set the standard around here - and the rest of you improve on it. It's that simple. :lol:

As to what makes this look like a bootleg.... perhaps it's the fuzzy image? Perhaps it's the poor colors? Perhaps it's because it looks slightly stretched vertically?

And there's no way I could watch a film with a big SAMPLE watermark on it. :D

19. Dwhots

Dwhots New Member

** Dario Argento's FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET: Marin Spanic of German DVD publisher New Entertainment World (responsible for the recent release of THE IGUANA WITH THE TONGUE OF FIRE) hasn't officially announced anything yet but it looks like his company will release Argento's classic on DVD. Hopefully more official details soon. (thanks to Whiggles.landofwhimsy.com)

20. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Still - there is no way this isn't a bootleg release (happens a lot in Germany). Hence, no re-mastering.