Four Flies on Grey Velvet DVD News

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Crystal Plumage, Sep 10, 2007.

1. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, the more I come to believe that the problems found in the MYA disc are PROOF that it's a legit release. Why? Well... if it was a bootleg wouldn't it have been a lot easier for them to simply port over the German disc? Granted, the German disc is superior in a lot of ways, but you have to keep reminding yourself: It IS a bootleg. Bootleggers do NOT follow rules and swipe the best materials from wherever they can, legalities be damned. In order to secure a legit release and NOT to step on anyone's toes, a company like MYA's options would be a lot more limited and they would need to make due with whatever elements are legally available to them. If a movie's rights are all over the map, then it's potential for a complete print can never be as great as what could possibly be found on the black market.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. meddle

meddle Member

Mya's Four Flies on Grey Velvet DVD is 100% legit. The speculation about the legitimacy of this DVD release and its flaws has been blown out of proportion.

3. meddle

meddle Member

Here is some information regarding the Mya Four Flies on Grey Velvet DVD.

4. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Okay - now where is the best place to get this DVD at the lowest price? :0

5. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

I thank you Michael. I had my doubts but I always trust your opinion.
    But I think I'll still wait how the Italian disc will turn out.

6. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

If they're already saying that what they've done is the best that can be done with the materials, then the Italian disc is probably going to be the same thing. The only thing I'd maybe hope for is in the PAL speedup correcting the slowed down audio.

7. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I watched the DVD last night, and I can safely state that I'm very happy with it and those little issues honestly didn't hamper my enjoyment one bit. If you're avoiding the disc due to those little problems, it's really your loss. The picture quality is superb for the DVD format.

8. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Huh... Doesn't sound like they took it from a PAL source at all. Are the people complaining just not use to ever hearing the original track in the correct pitch?

9. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

Honestly, the DVD looks and sounds fine. If there wasn't all this hoopla most people would have even noticed these "inperfections". Just rejoice that it's is finally out there, cleaned up, uncut and with extras.

10. rot

rot New Member

Well, it's not actually "uncut" and most of the "extras" are taken off the bootleg DVD from last year, but, yes, it does look great.

11. meddle

meddle Member

I am anxious to see how the Italian DVD turns out since there is a slim chance that it might come from an entirely different source. And who knows just may be the missing seconds may be included even if they are of lesser quality. Also I would be surprised if the Italian DVD comes with an English audio track. Let’s at least hope that it comes with English subtitles.

12. meddle

meddle Member

Exactly, all previous releases (including bootlegs) have been from PAL a source which means the audio on those was incorrectly pitched. The Mya DVD is in NTSC which unlike PAL is closer to the frame rate at which film is projected. Even though the English audio on the Mya DVD has its defects, these flaws IMO are as excessive as some of the reports on various forums would lead you to believe.

13. meddle

meddle Member

The two cheapest prices that I found so far are $19.99 at Amazon.com and $19.75 at deepdiscount.com

14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I ordered mine from Buy.com for $17.95, before it sold out. DVD Pacific also has it for $17.24, but it's been sold out there as well.

15. Odin

Odin Guest

This is on my to buy list...finally its out on dvd. Too bad it doesn't have english subtitles for the italian audio.

16. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

Watched this last night. First time I've seen the movie. Didn't have any problem with the audio. If you've never seen the movie you should be very happy with this DVD.

17. Crystal Plumage

http://www.dvd-store.it/Cerca.asp?txtTipoRicerca=Cerca&txttitolo=4+mosche

[​IMG]

Not enough info yet but my guess is it won't take too long.
    I personally don't mind if it only has Italian audio and English subs. What they did with Bava's Terrore Nello Spazio was really excellent.

18. meddle

meddle Member

This release is being sourced from the same master used for the Mya DVD release. It will interesting to see what they do with the same source materials and if they include full English subtitles with their release.

19. Crystal Plumage

The moment we know this for sure, I'm ordering it.

20. Coverdale

Coverdale Guest

I saw this movie in Best Buy yesterday but didnt' buy. It was 18.99 I believe. There was a time when I would have grabbed it and RUN to the cash register but lately I haven't been in a Eurohorror mood. Like all things this will probably change...