Frankenfish (!) aka Bayou - November 2004

Discussion in 'General' started by Hellbilly, Jul 8, 2004.

1. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I just watched this tonight for this first time, picked it up earlier today. And I gotta say I enjoyed the hell out of this movie! Very entertaining, a pretty good story for a low budget movie, some really good gore and deaths (some of the CGI wasn't even that bad, mostly just the underwater fish stuff), and some not bad acting. Fun, gory, and a few unexpected and cool suprises, such as
    the fire making the shot gun blast that girl's face off.
    Definately worth checking out! I can see my self watching this down the road numerous times. A solid 4 out of 5.

2. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I actually enjoyed this one too. I picked it up sight unseen at Hollywood Video for about 5 bucks and thought it was alot of fun.

3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I enjoyed it too. I also picked it up for $4.88 at Evil-Mart not too long ago. It's just so damn funny at times and filled to the brim with cheese!

4. Urotsukidoji

Urotsukidoji Guest

I liked it too. dumb & fun.

5. Damed

Damed Guest

I picked this up in a $4.88 display at Walmart, and watched it last night.

LMAO!! This movie was a load of fun. Even my wife (who regularly doesn't have fun with this kind of stuff, but "tolerates" it for me) said it was so bad it was good. Worth every cent I paid.

Funniest part was that before the even go to the houseboats my wife said to me "that girl is SO a lesbian.." :lol:

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

With The Meg opening this weekend, I felt like watching a goofy creature feature, so I grabbed off the DVD shelf... Frankenfish. I had also wanted to revisit this one after listening to a recent podcast with Simon Barrett. Plus, I couldn't remember a thing about it.

The first half of this was really boring, but when it eventually becomes the characters stranded on their houseboats being picked off by mutated snakeheads, I started to have fun with it. By the end I was satisfied, but to be honest, I probably won't remember much about it a week from now. Still, above average for SyFy fare.

Although I wonder if the topless woman playing with the baby cheetah was in Barrett's screenplay, or something they added during production. Just curious how that would read on the page.

Unrelated side note, but did you know: When Barrett was writing these direct-to-DVD Sony movies, he went in for a direct-to-video sequel to Toy Soldiers. An executive had greenlit it thinking the property was Red Dawn, but when they realized it wasn't, the project was scrapped.

7. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Forgot how cringeworthy my old posts are, ugh. Thanks for the bump Cpt Hook ;)