Freakish (Hulu TV Series)

Discussion in 'General' started by CPT HOOK, Dec 3, 2017.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

FREAKISH.JPG

Has anyone seen the Hulu Original Series Freakish? There are two seasons currently available (20 episodes), and they fly by at a brisk 22 mins each. I'm seven episodes in and I'm really digging it so far. It's kind of Walking Dead by way of Degrassi.

The "Breakfast Club-meets-zombies" plot involves a group of students who are in Saturday detention (plus a few who were just in school for extracurriculars) when a nearby chemical plant explosion triggers the zombie apocalypse. The students from all different cliques are forced to work together to fight off the zombie threat trying to break into their school.

Honestly, I've had more fun with the first seven episodes of this show than I have with the past three seasons of The Walking Dead. It's incredibly fast-paced and easy to watch.

I'm kind of surprised how underrated it is, I've barely heard a peep about it. If you have Hulu, I'd highly recommend checking it out!

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Finished the series (20 episodes) and LOVED it! Stayed consistent from beginning to end. If you're looking for the fun alternative to the dry and dreary Walking Dead, definitely give Freakish a try! More happens in a 22 minute episode of this show than entire seasons of The Walking Dead.

I really hope there's a season three, and if so, I can't wait! I'm happy there's shows like this keeping the zombie genre fun.

3. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

I really didn't expect much from this show when I started the first episode but wound up liking it a lot. As mentioned the episodes are 22 minutes long but most of them feel like 10 because they're entertaining and I also feel like this show packs more story into it's 22 minutes than some 44 minute shows manage to give us in their runtime. The show feels very low budget but it works and feels well done. Looking forward to season 3, assuming there is one.
    At first I was surprised to see Jake Busey in this because I didn't recognize anyone else but then by the end of season 2 I was more surprised by the tiny amount of screen time he had.