"Freddy vs. Jason" Discussion Thread (MERGED)

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Suicide, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Mr_Man

Mr_Man Guest

Wouldn't surprise me ,Holywood is nuts. :rolleyes:

2. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Re: "Wonderful" Freddy vs. Jason news

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. They might as well give him pigtails and a pink dress to go with those "poetic eyes".

3. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Guys, relax.

Wolf, over at the official Friday the 13th message board, got in touch with Stokley Chaffin, one of the Executives on Freddy vs Jason, and it looks like this film is exactly what we all want it to be. Check it out here or just read below...

http://www.fridaythe13thforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16809

"I sent Stokely an email about the current situation.

To my surprise, she emailed me back and wanted my phone number.

Tonight, she called me, and we had a 25 minute phone converstation.

I can't tell you guys everything of course. I know some spoiler stuff, but I will definitely leave that out.

When I emailed her, I told her how important the character is to us. It seems New Line is always looking for a gimmick for Jason...whether its Manhattan, hellbabies, or space. Now, he's "sad and pathetic."

This is all setup stuff. It doesn't describe any scenes.

First, she didn't say Sad and Pathetic. Stokely doesn't feel that Jason is sad and pathetic. She describes him as one of the kids who ends up shooting the kids at school because he was picked on. You don't feel sorry for the kids who did the shooting...they are evil...but you at least see there was something that set them off.

Jason size.....he's not going to be a hulk. He might be taller than Kane, but he won't be as thick. Is Kane Jason? It doesn't look like it. Stokely asked my impressions of a certain actor who plays another killer. I told her that fans wouldn't like it...especially since this other guy is playing a very popular killer.

For those that want Jason to return to his 1-4 roots, you will be happy. The production team wants him to be scary again. He'll still be a super strong killer, but expect some tussles with victims instead of........victim+Jason=scene over, victim dead.

About Jason's sensitive side. There is no justification for what Jason does...he is evil. But there is a reason for it, and FVJ will remind you of why.

Freddy is the more dark Freddy in the earlier films. The humor is on par with those movies.

Some of you are going to be disappointed about Kane. The ONLY reason Kane is not in FVJ is because of his size (not height...not money). They do want to get away from Jason being a tank.

Shannon and Swift's script was very solid. Goyer is finished with his revisions, and she feels that the script has everything she wants. Goyer was not brought in because the script was weak. Goyer is just more experienced, and they wanted some things added.

We discussed a NUMBER of issues. She just wanted my opinion.....a fan's opinion.

I told her many would be angry with any changes with the character. But she said she's not changing...she's restoring who Jason really is. Instead of a mindless machine...he's a killer who is bent on revenge. He has a past.
    And Jason can appear different....after all, he's been in hell for many years.

She cared about what I had to say. It really is shocking that she called. She was extremely nice!

I don't know everything, but feel free to ask me questions."

4. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Thanks for that update!

"Stokely asked my impressions of a certain actor who plays another killer. I told her that fans wouldn't like it...especially since this other guy is playing a very popular killer."

This went way over my head :eek:

5. S-10

S-10 Guest

Lets just say that he's the current "Shape" of a franchise.

If you don't get that,then.... meh.

6. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

Re: Re: "Wonderful" Freddy vs. Jason news

Don't tempt them!

Actually after reading that above from the NEw Line exec, I feel a little easier about this movie.

Does anyone know if they're still going with the alternate endings idea?

Otherwise, we already know that Jason wins as he turns up in JASON X, albeit turned back into a 'mindless killing tank' that FvJ's producer wants to get away from.

7. S-10

S-10 Guest

Re: Re: Re: "Wonderful" Freddy vs. Jason news

All that means is he COMES BACK from what ever damage Freddy dished out.Freddy and Jason always come back.

8. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

:( can you dumb it down a little :eek:

9. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Great! Now they can make Friday part XII take place between JGTH and FvJ and call it "Jason Takes Slim-Fast". You know - for continuity. :p

10. S-10

S-10 Guest

Brad loree,Michael Myers in Halloween 8.Geez.;)

11. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Can you go a little dumber? :eek: Ya mean the guy with the knife? :(

Anyway, I stopped caring about Halloween after that part 3. The 1st two are very cool, 3rd sucked, the rest have been boring, IMHO as far as I seen, that why I didn't follow you :p

12. novaguy2000

novaguy2000 Guest

Freddy, Jason and...Destiny's Child?!!!

From e-online:

KILLER DESTINY: Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland making her big-screen debut in New Line Cinema's upcoming Freddy vs. Jason, which pits screen horror icons Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees against one another in a duel to the un-death.

13. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

14. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

Cool As!

Thanks for the link!

15. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Wow, I haven't been in the slasher section in a while. When did I start this topic? Just kidding.

Is Kelly Rowland the ugly one or the hot one? I'm so out of it when it comes to popular music these days, I don't even know who these people are anymore. I think she's the ugly one.
    Dammit, at least put a hot one in there if you are gonna use a popular singer as an actor to lure in the fans of that particular singer or group.

Guess there's nothing to do but wait and see how this movie tuns out, it'll probably be a while, but probably not too long though. I still have faith in Ronny Yu though, and I'll be happy to see Freddy again, eventhough some of the Nightmare movies were cheesy I always felt they were entertaining. I'm finally getting the DVD boxset by the way.

16. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

FvJ definitely sounds like it has potential, but when are these people gonna realize that putting asshole pop stars who can't act their way out of a wet paper bag in horror films IS NOT COOL?!!