Freddys Revenge

Discussion in 'General' started by Cantona07, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

Just found reviews for my favourite Nightmare movie, Freddys revenge.

Reviews: "...Clever special effects, a good leading performance and a villain so chatty he practically makes this a human-interest story....Scary, but not without touches of humor..." (New York Times 11/01/1985)

"...Well-made....An imaginative series of special effects....Reprising his monster role, Robert Englund is a frightening addition to the horror pantheon..." (Variety 10/30/1985)

"...The production shows care and talent..." (Los Angeles Times 01/17/1986)

PAL Laserdisc with cover example

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  2. I love that cover art. Classic.

3. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I didn't care for the whole possesion angle that part had. It just didn't fit the series to me. Still, I don't hate the film, and it is miles better than part 5.

4. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Are you absolutely certain those aren't the reviews for the first film? I liked Freddy's Revenge - but those reviews couldn't possibly be for it.:)

5. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

For me, FREDDY'S REVENGE falls into the So Bad It's Good catagory. I am always amazed at how inept and silly it became; but I always enjoy watching it. And why do people always hate THE DREAM CHILD? The "skater dude" aside, I had a good time; maybe it was better on the big screen?

6. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I remember all my friends telling me that Freddy's Revenge was a terrible movie, so I didn't even bother checking it out until after Dream Child came out. My friend's are idiots!! I really liked the movie. Not as good as the original but still pretty damn fun. So from that point on, I didn't listen to my friend's opinions.

7. Spacevis

Spacevis Well-Known Member

Is this the one they spoofed in License to Drive? I think I should watch it again sometime. I don't seem te remember too much about it except the bus scene at the beginning... well, at least, I think that scene's from this one

8. JIMX1975

JIMX1975 Member

I just watched License to Drive the other day and they do spoof Freddy's Revenge

9. PMcG_6

PMcG_6 Guest

Isn't this the NOES that has all the homosexual undertones in it? I vaguely remember a thread on here where everyone was going on about it.

10. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I love this film :D

11. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

The good thing about parts 1 and 2 was the his character was much more serious and dark. As the sequels kicked in, it became more comedy/horror. I also liked the make up effects of his face in part 2 and I thought it had a good musical score. Help yourself Fucker!!!! :evil:

12. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Freddy's Revenge rocks. I think its just an awesome example of 80's horror and cheese rolled into a delicious combo. There's plenty of horrid acting, but theres also plenty of gore and its light years better than 5, 6 or 7. I've been trying to track down an original poster of this for a while now.

13. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Really? I thought it was pretty void of cheese, except for the
    exploding bird.
    Acting was absolutely fine for a film like this :hum:

14. To me, the worst in the series had to have been Freddy's Dead...what this one had going for it was FREDDY WAS STILL SCARY! He was still a dark figure...not throwing one liners every five minutes the way he was doing in 3 through FvsJ (New Mightmare was an exception as well).

This was one I repeated over & over when I was younger! And c'mon, Burt from ROTD is Jesse's DAD for crying out loud!

As for the covers, I prefer the box set's cover art for part II with Jesse hugging the girl & Freddy staring through his reflection as opposed to the terrible Media VHS cover!

15. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I haven't seen this one in sooo long. I might just pop it in here and revisit Freddy's Revenge.

16. Alan Smithee

Alan Smithee Member

Despite the almost comical overt homosexuality, I do enjoy this film. I actually enjoy the entire series although I have different reasons for each film. They should've called this movie A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy's Gay, but then I doubt many people would've gone to see it.

17. CubeOfTheDead

CubeOfTheDead Member

Freddy's Revenge is the best in the series, besides the original obviously. It has an interesting, unique main character, and Freddy was still menacing. After the second one, Freddy became a joke. In the second, he was still relatively dark and sinister.

18. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I love this one too. Freddy is creepier here than in any of the other movies, and that's including the original. I agree that the make-up on his face here is great, and its never more evident than in the scene where he's taunting Jesse's girlfriend. Very creepy.

The possession idea works fine for me, and is a nice change of pace from the first film. It also works well in a metaphorical sense for the changes a teenager's body goes through. That aside, I love the scene in the friend's room where Freddy is coming out of Jesse's body. Great effects and it looks painful as hell. The attack on the pool party is great too, and it has the classic "You are all my children now." line.

Definitely an underrated flick, and the creepiest of the Nightmare films by far.

19. Myron Breck

Myron Breck Boom Shanka

Oh, I know! This thread is making me damn near giddy! :banana:

20. Cantona07

Cantona07 New Member

I also liked the way Freddys whole skin covered his gloves in some scenes.