Friday the 13th 2 Article

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by booper71, Jan 11, 2014.

1. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

Current article over at IGN from Platinum Dunes states that the new F13 planned for March 2015 is highly likely going to be a Found Footage Film and will not at press time feature Jason in it.

We've had Jasonless F13's and a series without him but I can't see the franchise going forward without it's icon.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

[​IMG]

3. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

This is poorly worded. The article says "the oft-rumored found footage approach was just one idea being considered for the Friday the 13th sequel, but that it's not a certainty."

And the full quote about not having Jason in the film is: "I don’t know because I don’t know if we’re going to have Jason, I don’t know which Jason we’re going to have. I can tell you this: I love Derek Mears, I love working with him and he’s a dream so we’d be lucky to have him."

^ Also poorly worded, but I think he was just reiterating that they currently have no idea what approach they are taking. He's just saying that they're still trying to figure out what to do.

No need to make up stuff and cause panic.

4. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

Update:

more @ link

5. 7_RaggedTiger

7_RaggedTiger Member

Pretty sure this movie will still end up making allot of money.

6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

As much as I'm weary about Platinum Dunes being involved I'm still pretty darn excited to see Jason on the big screen again.

7. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

To be honest i really enjoyed the 2009 Friday the 13th - especially the Killer Cut - So I hold out hope the next one will at least be somewhat entertaining.

8. Zombie Dude

I think its worst aspect was its characters. They were pretty darn annoying. Apart from that I enjoyed it too. I think a little more Jason carnage is in order this time.

9. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Of the four films that came after the original 8, I enjoy the remake the most. If it's at least at that level, I'll be happy.

10. dickieduvet

dickieduvet Member

Would love to see Derek Mears reprise the role, he did a fantastic job. I really like the 2009 version.

Chances of him coming back?

11. Zombie Dude

I'm expecting a recast as it seems they want to do something new and different with the character but I'm not sure any official word has been given either way. I thought Mears did a good job but I also wouldn't be opposed to letting someone else have a go.

12. rift

rift New Member

The script of the remake was better than the movie but budget cuts made them change several really cool set pieces, plus Marcus Nispel is just a terrible director.

13. Zombie Dude

Yea I remember watching his Conan movie and thinking it was pretty terrible. Didn't mind the TCM remake and Friday though.

14. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I think it had one or two good characters. It was just that the others were so bad you just didn't care. I think you have to care a bit about the characters even a little. At least I do in the better Friday the 13th movies.

I've grown to like Jason X and Freddy vs Jason far more than I ever thought. Both were two movies that I didn't want to see. But they are fun for the most part and still follow the basic horror rules. That's why the remake loses me. I still can't get over changing the rules. Also the need to make stuff realistic with Jason but not have the people in the area act with realism.

15. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I hope they don't try to create a reason to why Jason keeps coming back. I saw these movies when I was young and always assumed it was like a legend or warning. If you do something wrong this might happen. And when it does, even in the end you aren't sure of how or why. Sort of like the end of Friday the 13th Part 2. I never understood what happened at the end. We are left with confusion. Also in Halloween, one of the best horror movies ever, Myers is the boogeyman at the end. That's what he becomes. He takes all sorts of damage that would kill an ordinary person. All you need to do is look what happened after Halloween and how the series went downhill with the exception of Halloween 3. Which I like and think that's how the series should be. But again at the end, we don't know what happened.

In Friday the 13th Part 6, a movie that I like, they basically start the resurrection and confirm the supernatural Jason. Of course no one that's dead can be resurrected from a lightning bolt. And I really don't want Crystal Lake or some part of it to be the Fountain of Youth. Nor should Mrs. Voorhees be some sort of witch. It should just be the unknown. A fireside tale of what might happen in a certain area and it does when kids push their luck.

I hated the remake's dope farm protecting Jason. The Jason that lived in tunnels with power and held captives. The people of the area that actually knew about Jason and did nothing about it. That even allowed other people to build large homes in Jason's area. All for realism the story made zero sense. It seems like they will continue to ruin the legend of Jason by giving reasons and explanations for stuff.

16. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Yeah, they already tried to "explain" Jason in Jason Goes to Hell, and look how that turned out. Absolute shit. Just accept what he is and make another sequel.

17. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Zombie Dude likes this.
  18. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Did they clear the Victor Miller hurdle?

19. Zombie Dude

I couldn't see anything mentioning this as a sequel to the 2009 remake. The article actually states: "The film is, according to producer Brad Fuller, “an origin-ish story.”"

Harry Warden likes this.
  20. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

My bad. Somehow when I read the article the first time, I missed that. Either way, I'm game. An origin story sounds great to me.

Zombie Dude likes this.