Friday the 13th 2009 Blu-ray Artwork

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by geeare, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

2. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

apparently this is the list of added scenes from fridaythe13thfilms.com

• the bear trap/burning sleeping bag scene is longer
    • you see Jason sharpening his machete after finding Clay’s backpack
    • Whitney escapes, makes it all the way to the house where everyone else is, is about to bang on the window where Bree & Trent are banging but Jason catches her before she can.
    • Aaron Yoo death is much more graphic
    • Trent & Bree sex scene is longer
    • Trent’s death is much more graphic
    • When Clay & Jenna are running from the house they find Lawrences body floating in the hot tub, then they find Chelsea’s body in the woods. You also see glimpes of Jason’s face as a child and as an adult.

3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Nice! They all sound like worth additions. Then again, they did get that info from someone on the imdb boards, which I don't think any self-respecting journalist, blogger, webmaster, etc. should go by.

And about the 122 minute runtime, I checked the back of the blu-ray case on Amazon and it says 106 minutes for the extended cut. I'm guessing Bloody-disgusting has just been fucking up.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  4. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Yeah 10 extra mins. seems a lot more reasonable then 25 mins.

5. grodd

grodd New Member

I just got my copy today. Its 9 extra minutes long.
    Funny that the digital copy only lasts 1 year.

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

That's not correct. The code lasts a year, but once you put the digital copy on your computer or portable device, you have it for as long as you want. And besides, I've put digital copies on my computer passed the expiration date and the code still worked.

7. grodd

grodd New Member

Ah thanks for the details

8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Just got finished watching the extended cut and it is a definite improvement. Don't let the R-Rating on it fool you, there's definitely a lot more gore in some of the deaths.
    Trent's death got ten times more awesome and I don't know how they were able to get an R again after putting that stuff back in. The sex scenes are longer. The added escape sequence was cool. Also, a couple instances of Clay and Jenna discovering the dead bodies of their friends and Whitney finding the pile of bodies during her escape were very reminiscent of the earlier entries.
    Still, if you didn't enjoy the theatrical version, you more than likely won't enjoy this, but if you were borderline like/dislike, then the extended cut might push you over to the like side and if you enjoyed the theatrical version, then this will only make things better.

9. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I have a question if u get a digital copy on the blu ray disc do u need a blu ray player on ur pc to get the content off?

10. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

No the digital copy is a separate disc and it's just a regular CD, so just pop it in your computer and enjoy!

11. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Actually it's a DVD, not a CD. ;)

12. Bobbywoodhogan

Thanks mate :D

13. geeare

geeare Guest

I loved the extended cut for one simple reason...

when I first saw the trailer for this film I thought it was really cool that they showed Jason sharpening his machete on that stone wheel but when I saw the movie in the theatre it wasn't in the film. That scene is in the extended cut and it's cool as hell, IMO. I realize that most of the extra stuff comes from the "escape" and I son't think the film needed that. It actually is kinda stupid because somehow Jason drags her back to his lair and gets back to the shed in no time flat. The kills are pretty over the top now as well, very enjoyable.

14. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

finally saw this (EC). wow, i was disappointed. not terrible by any means, but i was hoping for more. i liked how the beginning worked (before the f13th title came up). over all 7/10.

15. blu

blu New Member

I was very impressed with the Killer Cut version and the Blu-ray itself. This movie was a ton of fun IMO. I hope Paramount puts out parts 4-8 soon. I also want Jason X from New Line. Got FvJ on preorder, can't wait for that too!

16. HoldenMcNeil

HoldenMcNeil Member

Watching this on blu-ray was actually pretty damn awesome. While the film itself isn't all that great and I still love it for some of the brutal horror set pieces. Plus cranking up the dolby true hd sound makes it that much more awesome.

17. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Just watched the Blu of this as well, and like other have already said it is a nice improvement to the theatrical release. More gore for sure which is always a plus :D

18. Bobbywoodhogan

I really liked the extended cut but I'm not sure how much I preferred it to the original cut.

There was alot more gore in this version that's for sure. Trents Death was better more bloody etc, and so was Aaron Yoos. I do wish we'd have seen that hick guy get his head cut off though I was disapointed by that and that geeky guy in the opening parts death was still off-screen. I don't really know how I felt about the escape but it was great to see the machette sharpening moment. I also like that we got to see young Jason in the opening.

I love the film but I don't know if the extended cut was any better than the theatrical one.