Friday the 13th Box Set - You buyin'?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by zombi3, Apr 24, 2004.

?

Are you ready to slam down your hard-earned dollar$?

1. Sure, it's better than nothing.

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Hell no, Paramount isn't getting another penny out of me.

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. Maybe - I'm still on the fence.

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Depends on the price.

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Well now that the scoop is pretty much out on the F13 set, what's it gonna be? Yes, no, or maybe? For those of you who don't know yet, here's the latest:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2004
  2. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

Maybe not a "Hell no", but certainly a "Not interested."

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

No uncut? Me not buying.
    Paramount sucks btw

4. onebyone

onebyone Guest

The movies are not uncut.

They are flippers.

Hell no.

5. They have commentaries on at least 4 of the movies, possibly 6....if the price is right hell yeah I'll buy it.

6. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

This fucking sux! No way! :mad:
    Might as well scrap the whole idea now. Why half assed Paramount???? :fucked:

7. dayglo

dayglo Member

Most likely, but only because I never got the barebones. Still....it's dependant on the price tag.

Quite disappointed though. :(

8. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Ya i'll be picking it up, i could care less about uncut versions. But I don't like that they will be flippers though. :(

9. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Yeah, I doubt we see anything better for a real long time.

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

This about sucks.
    When I saw teh thread I was gonna chime in with a "does the Pope shit in the woods" comment about there is no way I wouldn't be buying it.
    No un-cut versions?
    Only a few selections of cut gore?
    Just a couple comm. tracks?
    Flipper discs? I can deal with that, as long it's one movie per side. I can see it saving $ for P and space on the dvd shelf. I can live with that, although it's still half-assed.

This motherfucker better be as cheap as Paramount's half-assed input into it. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it I'm leaning towards saying FUCK YOU PARAMOUNT, you get none of my fucking money! You know how fucking much these movies mean to their fans, and you know that un-cut versions are what we fucking want, not bullshit featurettes about how the actors feel about the films X years later. We want to see all the fucking cut footage from ALL the the fucking movies. We all know plenty was cut from all of them, so get that shit on the set if you want to sell me one.
    This just ruined my fucking day. FUCK YOU PARAMOUNT, the only way I'll buy this is at a used store where you won't get any of the money from the sale! Fuck You, I don't see myself ever buying another Paramount dvd again!

11. KingJeff

KingJeff Guest

I love commentaries. I will not deny myself owning these DVDs over a few seconds of gore. I will buy it the day it comes out.

12. Mark Relford

Mark Relford Chairman of the Bored

I'll buy it if the price is reasonable. Flippers don't bother me anymore.

13. Yeah flippers only bother me when they have half the movie on one side and the rest on the other.

14. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

I was going to say Paramount isn't getting another penny out of me, but then I realized if I don't buy the box set, I'll just be buying 2-8 from Paramount anyway...

so it depends on the price. If they put a good price on it *which I'm sure they WON'T...fuckers* I'll get it. Otherwise, its the old releases for me.

15. rhett

rhett Administrator

I've already bought all the Friday discs, and given the throw-away effort Paramount has put into these discs, I will not be buying again. What a total missed opportunity...they should have done what they did with the Star Trek special additions: assemble new director's cuts and pack each disc with supplements and sell each on its own. The supplement disc could be interesting, but I'd rather put my money with companies who actually care about the fans, like Blue Underground, Synapse or Anchor Bay. Chalk me up as disappointed.

16. dwatts

dwatts New Member

There is no reason to buy these. We don't even know that the comentary tracks are any damn good. I can hardly believe we have people who don't mind flippers. I hate them with a passion. Still, each to their own.

If I saw it for $10 I'd get it. I'm guessing it will be more than that, so it's a "Hell no".

17. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

But you see that's what Fartamount is counting on. They figure we'll snap up whatever they throw at us, so why bother putting 100% into the set when they can get our money anyway and still do a half-assed job? I for one do not think I will be getting this set, just as I didn't get the first suck-ass Friday discs. I've seen all the films many times as a kid, so I don't need to watch them again anytime soon unless I'm seeing something new. Those bastards are not getting my hard-earned dollars for another substandard product! :fire:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  18. rhett

rhett Administrator

No what I gather is that there are commentaries on 3, 6, 7 and 8. How the hell could Paramount NOT record a commentary for the original? And considering Zito and Savini did a commentary for The Prowler, there is really no excuse why they shouldn't have done one for Part 4. :fire:

19. I believe they are actually working on getting commentaries for parts 1 and 4 right now. The specs announced are not in any way the final specs. Paramount has made no formal announcement.

20. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I think the specs are pretty much final: