Friday the 13th Boxset

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Nemesis, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

Quick question. I have Friday the 13th Part 1.. dont have any others.. ive always been waiting for a boxset.. but i just noticed that theres a R2 boxset of Friday the 13th parts 2-8.. anyone here have the boxset and care to comment on it?

http://www.dvdzone2.com/dvd/detail.asp?id=126268

2. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Hell, I didn't even know that was out. I am in the same boat as you - since I bought the R2 of the first part. Don't know what to do....

3. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

I just read this thread.. but who knows when that boxset will be coming out, and whether it will have anything really worth waiting for..

4. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

i decided to say "fuck it" and took the plunge.. i'll let whoever is interested know how the boxset is when i get it

5. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I'm sorry, but if I were you, I would have just waited for the R1 boxset that is going to be coming out later this year. :(

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

no doubt, considering the R1 boxset will have quite a bit of extras and possibly uncut versions.

7. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Well, I for one would appreciate feedback on this set. Sure you can wait, but for how long. Wait wait wait. R1 isn't always the best version, and if you can have it now.......

8. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

yeah, and given that im not in R1 im sure i'll be able to sell it off if the R1 boxset is ever released

9. dayglo

dayglo Member

There will definitely be some extras, they were filming the "We were Jason" panel at the fango/chiller show this year. Having already seen that people are still interested in these flicks, I don't think Paramount will disappoint.

10. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Well I guess I'm a sucker 'cause I've bought all the F13 movies individually, and my sentiment on the box set is as follows: If the supplemental matrial is really that good, I'll consider buying the box set. However, (everyone) ask yourselves this - how many times do you actually re-watch supplements? In other words, is it worth shelling out cash to see something you'll only be interested in watching once(un-cut versions aside). As for the uncut versions, I can only hope that they'll release them individually like the Aliens series, so that I can pick the ones I'd care to see uncut(Jason takes Manhatton/pt.3/pt.5 are in my collection merely for completion purposes). So that's it I'm officially on the fence on this one.

11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I'll buy the set, make no mistake about it. But then again, Pt. 3 is the only one I own on DVD. (excluding JGTH and Jason X)

12. ErinJC23

ErinJC23 Guest

I havent bought any DVDs of the Friday series for this reason alone. I refuse to pay money for Paramount ripping all the fans off. I was just as happy with my old VHS until the box set finally rolls around

13. I'm glad I stopped myself from buying the individual releases......

I only bought one and two (because June of last year had a friday the 13th).

14. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

This was posted over at the Friday the 13th board:
    Sounds pretty cool, but why the hell wouldn't the uncut version of Part 1 be included? It's already been released on dvd in other regions, so we know the extra footage is there. Then again, this info is all tentative and I don't even know where it came from, so for all I know it could be bogus.

15. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I really want that part 6 with the Thom Mathews commentary! They better give us the option to watch part 3 in 3D, or I will be very bummed. :( Everything else sounds cool though! Hard to believe that part 1 will be the rated version, but I don't care because I already have it anyway. And where's that "Return to Crystal Lake" doc. from the R3? I thought it was very interesting. :confused:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  16. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Eh, sounds neat, although I'm bummed about all the R-rated business. Well, I have the region 3 Part 1 DVD anyway.

17. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Why the deleted scenes I wonder? Shouldn't they be reinserted into the movie so that all of them can achieve an UNCUT rating?

Anyway, thanks for the tidbit of info.

18. KingJeff

KingJeff Guest

Sounds really cool. I hope it's legit and not a fan-made box set.

19. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

It surprises me that they haven't reinserted the deleted scenes... I'm really not sure if i can be bothered holding out for this release

20. Damn, I want a 3-D version of part 3...

otherwise I'm all for this set...I don't care if the films aren't uncut, as long as the cut footage is on the discs I'm happy