Friday the 13th Boxset

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Nemesis, Jan 25, 2004.

1. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Hm, everyone wants a 3D version. As an extra, maybe, but they'd better have the non-3D version too.

I won't believe such a box until I see it. :)

2. I"d love to see like the Freddy's Dead dvd...after hitting "play movie" you get the 2-D or 3-D option

3. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

This sounds very cool (with the exception of the rated cuts) but I'd take the information with a grain of salt. It IS just a rumor after all, and it hasn't been officially announced, unless I'm living on Mars.

4. TheShape

TheShape Member

I'm wondering what the covers will be like. The original poster art or the new crap that part 5 to 8 had?

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I really hope that list of specs is close to or is gonna be for real.
    I've held out on getting the current dvds (except for 3 and 4, they were too cheap to pass up back before the price cut on all of them).

6. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

on the friday board, the poster said the specs came from a newsgroup posting. i'm not believing any of this. Any fan can come up with that info. I'm waiting for official news from Paramount before i get excited, or pissed.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2004
  7. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Off that Bloody Disgusting site:
    "Paramount has confirmed that Special Editions of ALL eight Paramount owned Friday the 13th flicks ARE DEFINITELY coming out in 2004!!"

No big news, but note that Special Editions was mentioned.

8. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

Suppost to be a 9 disk set with all original 8 films and a disk with supps.That had me curious.

9. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

You guys are killing me here as I just finished watching both Jason Goes To Hell and Jason X. :fucked:

I hope Paramount puts in as much (if not more so) effort as they did in their release of Once Upon A Time In The West. That way the art, the specs, the extras and the full UNCUT films can be forever held close to the hearts of the legions of fans clamoring for them. :banana:

10. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Over at the Friday message board, Peter Bracke just confirmed audio commentaries for parts 7 and 8, and also dropped some big news about the rumored cast commentary...

"Peter Bracke here, sorry for taking so long to reply regarding the commentaries. All I know is that they have recorded two so far for Parts 7 & 8 and had two more coming up, including the cast commentary. Beyond that, I do not know. But they'll be recording next week, so I will post here with whatever new info I can. (BTW, just to ease the suspense, the cast commentary is for Part 3. Participants are still being confirmed so I do not know the final lineup.)"

:D

Last edited: Apr 15, 2004
  11. satanservant

satanservant Guest

This all sounds really good. Too bad the films might not be released in an uncut form but as long as the footage is available on the discs it isn't too dissapointing. I'm really looking forward to all the commentaries. I didn't buy any of the dvd's in hopes of something such as this. Hope they don't let everyone down.

12. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Same here. I can wait. I still don't own any copy of Dawn of the Dead in anticipation of the boxset. Especially when there are a total of 10 movies involved here.

13. dwatts

dwatts New Member

You know what, I just gave up. I only really wanted the first three, and they're so damn cheap now I bought them. This box has just taken too long to be put together.

14. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

That's cool. I bought all of them last year used for about $8 each so I don't know if I'd buy a box set. I may get the first four again if sold individually and definitely part 3 if a 5.1 audio mix is included (what can I say, I love the music during the opening credits).

The term "Special Edition" is used way too liberally on DVDs and has become a pretty meaningless description. It's seems that every disc that's released is called "special edition" by whatever company puts it out.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2004
  15. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

That is true about Special Editions. At this point, the only real reason to buy a rerelease for quality purposes is if they are done a la HiDef or at least Ultrabit.

16. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I bought the R2 of the first film months ago - but never got around to watching it. Since I bought parts II and III recently though, I thought it was time - so tonight I gave it a watch.

WOW. Say what you like about the film itself, but the transfer on that R2 disc is amazing. I'm talking Criterion quality, reference. It looked better to me than the Terminator SE I watched yesterday. It's really something to see. I never imagined it could look like that. I hope parts II and III live up to that standard.

17. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Some more news:

The Part 6 director wanted to do a commentary for Part 6, but Paramount turned him down due to budget constraints. I dont understand it.

The uncut footage for Part 6 has been found, but will most likely just be placed as an extra and not fixed in any way or be put back into the film.

Okay, so they're not doing a commentary because of budgetary constraints, eh. That's pretty fucking lame. If they're worried about that, who knows what else they'll not include because of budgetary constraints. Pretty lame. Of course, the worst film in the series, Part 8, does get a commentary. :rolleyes: Also, the damn cut footage should be reinserted! I'll be happy to see it, but they should put more fucking effort into this set.

18. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

I bought the individual disks because my VHS copies were starting to get worn out but I have no problem spending the money on the box set when it comes out.Especially if the movies are the uncut versions :)

19. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Well this the Friday the 13th series....how unlucky can the series fans be....sheesh! :rolleyes:

20. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

This is dissapointing as part 6 is one of my favorites but I still think it has potential to be a nice boxset. The NOES box set is great and not all of the movies have commentaries.