Friday the 13th Boxset

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Nemesis, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Justin Kerswell

Justin Kerswell New Member

I'm just in shock that Dana Kimmell actually agreed to do a commentary for part 3!

2. Michael

Michael Guest

Does anyone know if the single R1 discs that are available now are uncut?

3. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

You're joking, right?

4. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I'm gonna: keep the discs I already have(including the uncut R3 release, which I can't recommend highly enough). If the boxset is cheap, I will buy it just for the extras. But seriously, I might sink so low as to just rent them and copy the extras, because I really don't know if it would be worth another purchase. I was hoping these new discs would feature the original artwork. But if they are flippers, then they will have to advertise 2 movies on 1 cover. So it will end up looking like shit(Waxwork 1/2) What a bummer.

Man, still can't believe no 3D. :fucked:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2004
  5. Michael

Michael Guest

Sorry if my question covered old ground. I am relatively new to the genre and with all the discussion of cut films, who can tell what has been edited and what hasn't?

I recently picked up a standard, bare bones copy of Part 1. How would I know if it is uncut or not?

6. If it has the R for restricted on the back it's cut.

The uncut version wasn't rated by the MPAA

7. Michael

Michael Guest

Damn! It's cut. Thank you for the info.

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

If it's a domestic dvd, it's cut.
    Every Friday the 13th movie was cut one way or another, some just a couple seconds, some drasticly. All the current region 1 (if you're not sure what that means, you need to check out this.) are cut versions. Much of the cut stuff has never been seen, but some is online I just can't remember where right now.
    You can go here and run a search for Friday the 13th, then on the left side click "alternate versions" for each to get an idea of what has been done. IMDB is a good source of info, but not the most reliable. From what I can tell, the info posted there about F13 films is pretty much accurate though.
    Welcome to the genre! It's fun, but at times like this it's frustrating as hell (FUCK YOU PARAMOUNT, you fucking know how bad we all wanted these dvds!). :fuck: :fuck: :fuck:

9. KingJeff

KingJeff Guest

Doesn't the R1 have one scene in it that's uncut? The one with Annie.
    In the cut verson it fades to white while she's still on screen. In the uncut version you see her fall out of frame before it fades to white.

They should release an uncut print but cut out that awful Kevin Bacon death scene. It looks fake and awful.

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

That's right. The current R1 dvd is a bastardazation of cut and not cut. That only goes for part 1, the rest are the totally cut US theatrical versions.

11. Wolf Man

Wolf Man Guest

With all this talk about cut vs. uncut on F13 movies (at least with a rookie weighing in on it, since those of us who've been around a while are quite familiar with the situation) it is important to point out that the DVDs are the US theatrical cuts, cut by the MPAA before their release to theaters in 1980, 1981, 1982 etc. So if you've seen Friday The 13th on any US theater screen, VHS, Laserdisc, or DVD, this will be the same version, not a TV cut or anything edited down from their usual version.

12. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    It's better than what we had. If the price is right, I'm buying!

13. Dunwich

Dunwich Guest

if this news his true I think I'll start buying the old barebones disc... but I'll wait till everything is official just in case.

14. Personally, I have no problem with two movies per disc....it might cut down on the overall price.

15. If it cuts down the price I'm all for it and I'll buy the set in a minute, I just have a feeling they're gonna skimp on extras and then charge 80 bucks for the set.

16. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

from the front page of this very site, that bonus disc sounds cool but damn it this is not what I had in mind :

Friday Box Specs Posted by Rhett on Saturday, April 24 2004 2:52 PM
    DVD File owner, Peter Bracke, has been dropping nuggets of information about the upcoming Friday the 13th box set due this fall. Those expecting special editions and director's cuts of each film like Paramount did with the Star Trek serious will be sadly disappointed. None of the films will be presented uncut, and supplements will only be added to selected films and the bonus disc. The set will be broken down into 5 discs, with 2 films on each disc (one on each side) and a fifth bonus disc. Here is a breakdown of the supplements currently known today:

Film Extras:

Commentary on Part 3 with the cast, including Richard Brooker, Paul Kratka, Larry Zerner and Dana Kimmell

Commentary on Part 6 with director Tom McLoughlin

Commentary on Part 7

Commentary on Part 8

Bonus Disc:

Uncut footage for Parts 1, 6 and 7

TV footage of Part 4

New featurettes with interviews from the Fangoria Friday the 13th reunion last year, as well as Sean Cunningham, Joseph Zito, Tom McLoughlin, John Carl Buechler, Rob Hedden and Tom Savini

Total supplements will run over 3 hours

The specs are still far from official, but it sounds like this is all she wrote.

17. That's from this very thread, to the front page of the site and back to the thread.

18. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

LOL!

my bad?

19. I just thought it was funny, so I pointed it out..

20. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

More news for those that still care:

According to CampCrystalLake.com and the Friday the 13th films website forums, Paramount has decided to cut some of the special features already announced.

The Part 8 gag reel has been cut. Also, they did find The Man behind this Mask video from Part 6, but it will not be included.