Friday the 13th Boxset

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Nemesis, Jan 25, 2004.

1. They should cut Friday the 13th 8 from the set....

2. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Keep up the good work, Paramount. You're doin' a hell of a job!:fuck:

3. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Seriously, it's entered the realm of stupid already, hasn't it?

4. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

motherfucker. i won't be buying this if the films are just going to be the same R versions. fucking bullshit. Fuck you Paramount, you pieces of shit. goddamn, give the fans what they want!!!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  5. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Way to go Paramount! Pretty soon they'll just be direct ports of the old DVD's :fucked:

6. didn't Tom Savini say he recorded some commentary?

wouldn't that mean commentary for 1 or 4 or both?

7. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

"Gotta admit it's gettin better. a little better all the time"
    Paramount is losing sales before evne producing the discs. I'm out already. I'm sure I'll pick it up at a used store down the road, or from a crackhead, or steal it, but no fucking way do I buy this where Paramount will get a fucking dime from me!

8. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I think I might just snatch up the original discs, I'll wait until we get the definite details on the set, but the barebones discs are pretty cheap, and pretty damn tempting.

9. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

One would think that with such a succcessful franchise as friday that these disk would all get a special ed release for each film.Cut and uncut,Commentary's for each and featurettes;making of the movies etc.
    Paramount is just plain suckin ass :fucked:

I would think if they claim they want to give the fan's what they want then they would.But by the look's of it they are just going to through in a few features and leave it be.

I am so pissed right now and only wish that they would give the right's to someone else who could handle this in a much more professional and deserving way that these movies deserve.

BURN PARAMOUNT BURN :evil:

10. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

What!!!!!!!!!!!!No Alice Cooper video? Why did Paramount even bother? :fire: :fire: :fire: This is just getting worse and worse.

11. Wez4555

Wez4555 Happy Trees Motherfucker!

fuck you parafags! just when i started having hopes that they wherent going to be retared, they fuck up. damn you bastards to hell!

12. puddytay

puddytay Guest

I think I'm just going to borrow someones set and make myself a little labriyth dvd like the nightmare on elm street box set. Just take all the extras off each disc and make a dvd out of it. Because since I allready own all of the discs it would be stupid to rebuy them all just for extras and commentaries.

13. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

I sort of understand Paramount's decision not to re-edit any footage into parts 2-8. I don't like it at all but it's not a cheap thing to do. However, there's really no excuse for part one not to be uncut cosndiering it's already been released that way all over the world. Heck, if Paramount really wanted to be lazy they could even just license out Warner's uncut NTSC master that's already been released over in Asia.

14. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

if Anchor Bay, Shriek Show, etc.... (ie small dvd companies) can reinsert cut footage, i don't see why Paramount couldn't. hell, look at the recent Silent Night, Deadly Night. yeah the inserted footage isn't up to par with the rest of the film, but at least AB made an effort. Paramount could easily use seamless branching as well.
    paramount should release the "extras disc" as a standalone so the fans who bought the original dvds can just pick it up. but they won't....

15. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

They better not fuck up the Summer School release.

16. Movie with no extras, how could they fuck that up? lol Leave it to Paramount, they'll find a way.

"Thousands of Summer School DVDs were recalled today when it was discovered that Paramount had only put half of the movie on the disc...."

17. TheShape

TheShape Member

Good idea. I was thinking the same thing. And there's already an uncut Part 1 out. With the extras that will be out on the extra disc, we could make our own boxset, a fan made boxset. With a disc per film, original cover art, and uncut footage however bad the quality may be. After all those bad news, it might be the only way to get a decent product.

18. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

speaking of fan made discs, i put together my own. it includes the documentary off the R3 dvd, FvJ behind the scenes from a presskit dvd, JX behind the scenes from Spanish R2, along with JX tv spots and alt trailer. also threw in the Alice Cooper video, some deleted scenes from the JGTH workprint, various photo galleries and some audio tracks. I wish i had some stuff in regards to films 2 - 8.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  19. TheShape

TheShape Member

Let's add to this Part 3 in 3D!

20. puddytay

puddytay Guest

Hmm.. Actually someone on this board offered to trade me a copy of a svcd they made of friday the 13th that had all the uncut footage. It had japanese subtitles. I should have traded for it because I presumed it would all come out on this set so I forgot about it. I wish I could remember who that was. This same person offered me similar nightmare on elm street one with deleted scenes from 3 or 4 of the movies. Ahhh now i'm mad.