Friday the 13th Boxset

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Nemesis, Jan 25, 2004.

1. puddytay

puddytay Guest

ps. cant you get part 3 on ebay in 3-d? Is the transfer crappy or something?

2. dayglo

dayglo Member

You need those polarized glasses (or whatever they are) to view it in 3D though. It wasn't done with the conventional red and blue, so in order to see this in 3D you need more equipment, which will cost a pretty penny.

Unless they've figured out a way around it, 22 years of tech have gone by.

3. marcx

marcx New Member

I'm really having trouble understanding why Pts 6 and 7 don't use seemless branching. Ill give Paramount the benefit of the doubt and see these were the only cut scenes they could find. Ill even give them that the footage is in bad shape and cant be found in any other format. Almost every post Ive seen on evey site would prefer to see this footage IN THE FILMS---and with DVD authoring an easy process that the home user can do these days I cant see why they cant give us this option---It just MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  4. There's a chance that some of the cut gore hasn't been kept in as good condition as the rest of the film....or even maybe the negative for the cut scenes are in bad condition.

Or maybe they fear having the MPAA breathing down their necks at the thought of unrated F13 films.

5. marcx

marcx New Member

even if the footage is bad Id rather see it in teh film as a branching option--sorry....

6. I'm still happy as long as the footage is in my possession.

7. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

I have seen many part 3 in 3D DVDs on e-bay.

How are they?

Since the box set is out of the question

8. TheShape

TheShape Member

If Part 3 wasn't done in conventional red and blue 3-D, I was wondering what type of glasses did the audience of the original theatrical release used to view the film in 3-D. I was too young to see the film in a theater but maybe someonereading this did? I would be surprised if they were expensive polarized glasses of something like it. It had to be cheap ones considering the movie opened on hundreds of screens at the same time.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  9. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i was just thinking, anyone with some decent video skills could reinsert the "cut" footage back into the films. i wonder how long after the box set gets released, will we see bootlegs popping up of uncut versions of 6 & 7.

10. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

It was originally done the old blue/red way in theaters, but went to the field seqencetial for the japan lasredisc that all those dvds on ebay are made from.

11. marcx

marcx New Member

RX fiend--thats my point exactly! I mean it is such an easy thing today and would totally turn my opnion of the set around. Im willin g at accept that the other forrtage is gone-although Im dissapointed! And I hae an uncut pt.1 so I dint care one way or the other! But for the love of god put the uncut stuff you DO have back in the films paramount!!!!! ITs not a big step and shows some good faith!

12. evileye

evileye Member

Friday Part 3 was NEVER released in the older blue/red glasses system. It was released with heavy cardboard glasses featuring polarized lenses (like the plastic gear you would use at any IMAX theater). This system (used for all movies released at that time) is infinitely better than the old system and only a field sequential box/glasses comes close to this at home. The cardboard frames were inexpensive for the studio to use (you could keep them after the show). I still have a pair from a midnight showing of this film last year.

13. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I know I've been told otherwise a bunch of times but i still swear that when I saw it at the theater it was using the old blue/red glasses.

14. dwatts

dwatts New Member

--I know I've been told otherwise a bunch of times but i still swear that when I saw it at the theater it was using the old blue/red glasses.--

Man, I'd swear the same thing. Hm, it WAS a long long time ago!

15. evileye

evileye Member

In a word: nope. It used 2 frames overlapping and polarized lenses. You could see the film in true color instead of the crummy washed-out red/blue.

16. Luna

Luna Guest

I wish I could remember which glasses I wore when I saw Part 3 in the theater. I thought it was red/blue as well, but I could just be remembering wrong. All I remember is how cool certain parts were and loving the whole 3-D thing. :D

17. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I'd have to confess that other than the novelty, 3D didn'tseem to really enhance a film at all. I remember thinking it was "cool", but as for truly enhancing the film - I don't recall that.

18. Luna

Luna Guest

Exactly, it was a cool gimmick. :D

19. marcx

marcx New Member

I have part 3 in 3d. I bought a set of the shutter glasses that came with a 3d NOTLD amongst other things, and then got dvd-r's of f13th 3 and jaws 3. The 3d is very effective. I must say that although it was expensive, I am so glad ot have this option! In fact, I think Im going towatch it again tonight!

20. puddytay

puddytay Guest

so you have to use the shutter glasses that light up? Like the ones that came out with the 3-d horror set around 2 years ago? Or will the ones work that you would use at universal studio and disney world at 3-d films like terminator, muppets, spiderman, honey I shrunk the kids, because I stole like 4 pairs the last time I went.