Friday the 13th Boxset

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Nemesis, Jan 25, 2004.

1. marcx

marcx New Member

no-you need the shutter glasses whcih connect to a shync box and then your player....like the 3d horror collection ones---exacty!

2. puddytay

puddytay Guest

why would I need a shync box? Is the actual picture actually shown in the glasses? Would this even work on a projector?

3. marcx

marcx New Member

Puddytay--
    first of all as you can see I tend to type too fast and make typos--sorry
    the is a cable that comes out of the player as a composite video signal. The cable connect to a sync box and you plug the glasses into the box. the glasses actually sort of blink to amke the the effect they shutter open and close--and the box synchronizes this...

I hope this makes sense...

You can tehn either go from the box to the TV, or in my case I take the S-vdeo out feed to the TV.

I will see you need complete darkness for the effect to work best...

4. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Sucks for you, but I can watch it in 3d whenever I want MWUAHAHAHAHA
    But Seriously http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2289&item=4192080872&rd=1 and for the two free movies pick friday 3d and jaws 3d or whatever from his site, http://users.esc.net.au/~xenon/3D/runme.html May I also say House of Wax is amazing in 3d I watched it earlier for the umpteenth time. I must say I love it so

5. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

I'm afraid you're all wrong, Jaws, friday and so on were all filmed in 2-d on two different lenses at two different angles. This is why many people are confused thinking that it was filmed red blue, for conventional home video they take one of the angles and use it, for cinema however both methods were used depending on the film, some showing red/blue some showing polarized. Polarized was better but a lot more expensive or the theatres, so it depends what theatre you saw it in. Hope that helps

6. Luna

Luna Guest

Thank you, that clears it up. I saw all of the 3-D movies of that era with red/blue glasses, around the corner at my dinky little local theater. :D

7. betterdan

betterdan Guest

All the 3d movies I saw at theater used the red blue glasses from what I remember.

8. patmcgahern

patmcgahern Guest

Yes but had you seen it at a giant multiplex it would of been polarised more than likely.

9. MAATopDogg32

MAATopDogg32 Guest

This is from a poster at another message board who got an email from John Buechler director of part 7:

I got an email from John Buechler:

"I made some mention of the fact that Jason and was chained to the bottom of the lake for ten years.--I supplied them with a full work print with all the deleted footage still intact. This had all of the appropriate edge numbers so that they could in fact resurrect the missing stuff and put it back into the picture. Whether this was done is unknown. Both Kane and I DID commentary on all the footage including the missing stuff. Keep the faith. This might be a posative step in the right direction. If the stuff hasn't been incorporated this time around, I guess they'll know there's still money to be made on another release--this time with all the bells and whistles. Doing the commentary with Kane was a blast.-- Also look for extra footage of Kane and I in my shop in the additional features section."

So, I don't know if this answers any questions.

10. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Sadly, all my hope of uncut versions on this release has diminished. I'm still hoping for the best, though, in terms of special features and commentaries.