Friday the 13th Film Series: Bring Back Tommy Jarvis?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by ekent, May 14, 2005.

?

Friday the 13th Film Series: Should They Bring Back Tommy Jarvis?

1. Yes (Corey Feldman)

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Yes (John Sheppard)

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Yes (Tom Matthews)

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
  4. No

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Now that Ol' Voorhees is wandering around again, should Tommy Jarvis return to finish his life's work? I say yes!

2. Tawny

Tawny You guys got sour balls?

I agree, but only if Thom Mathews plays him!

3. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I have no interest in the Tommy Jarvis character. The series would have no difficulty going on without him. Just bring it back to Chrystal Lake.

4. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I am not sure why Tommy isn't Jason in the first place. It was a very promising idea they just killed. So bring him back. And make him Corey.

5. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    They definately teased us with this plot line, twice. I like the idea of Corey coming back, and I think it would be fun, but I had to vote for Matthews, if only to get him some work.

6. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Yes. The series could use Tommy Jarvis back TBH I think he was missed in Part VII and could've easily been written into it. Although I think Corey Feldman and John Sheppard were both great Tommy's, Thom Matthews was the best I guess you could call him the defenitive Tommy Jarvis.

7. Franco

Franco Weekender

No. It shouldn't have been a film series in the first place. Just a single old cult movie (first film obviously).

But yeah, lots of the sequels were fun anyways. In that case, they should've ended it with Part VIII. And no more Tommy Jarvis or anyone!

8. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

I'm indifferent to bringing back the Tommy Jarvis character. If they HAD to bring back the Tommy Jarvis character, then
    let Corey Feldman play him AND...during the finale when Jason takes off his mask to reveal himself to Tommy, have Corey Feldman return the favor in kind by ripping off his face mask to reveal that he was Corey Haim all along.

9. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

The character just never interested me, so I voted no. I'd rather they go back to the old slice 'em dice 'em formula of the first three flicks than have them create a continuing storyline. Of course, the first three DID kind of have a continuing storyline, but I don't really count that because it was only in the beginning of the movies and didn't affect the rest of the films, if you know what I mean.

10. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

Ha Ha the 80's fan in me thinks that would be awesome :D

11. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

A Tom Matthews return would be good in my book.

12. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

I would love to see the character return with John Sheppard playing him. I actually thought Mathews was the weakest Tommy.

13. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Ooh-ooh, lets cast Roger Daltrey as the aging Camp Crystal Lake killer-hunter Tommy Jarvis!!! who after years of becoming a pinball wizard returns to put an end to the only game he had left unfinished .

14. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

Maybe ALL of the charecters that survived in the series could come back and form a support group,sorta like THE BREAKFAST CLUB.Thats when Jason pops up to finish HIS work. :0)

15. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

My vote is for Corey.

But if it has to be Matthews, at least bring in James Karen as his boss.

16. Ash J. Williams

Ash J. Williams New Member

... There has to be a twist....

17. Rock

Rock Member

Enough is enough already...Tommy or no Tommy, could someone at least make a sequel that's halfway scary?!

18. Rockmjd

Rockmjd Guest

:lol: "I feel like we've been here before. You... Me... Them!"

19. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

well Corey Feldman was the best Tommy, but I don't want him coming back as Tommy now because it would just be a goofy Corey Feldman performance then. I wouldn't mind seeing closure to the Jason/Tommy story but I'm more concerned that the series goes back to Crystal Lake and becomes a slasher series again.
    Anyway, if they bring back Tommy, I'd like to see John Sheppard as an older Tommy coming back to take out his old nemesis....with lots of good Friday staples like kills and skin. I miss people being chased through the woods in these movies.

20. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Well, in the universe of Friday the 13th, hasn't the timeline already progressed well into the future, since the very last one had the antics occur in space? I'd be interested to see how a filmmaker would "explain" that one away, although they'd probably just ignore it completely.

I like the idea of all the survivors forming a support group, only to be bumped off once and for all by Jason. In fact, that would make a hilarious opening murder, have them all in a room together, discussing the hows and whys, and then Jason enters the room from above, lands in the middle of their circle, pulls out a machete, spins around and cuts every last one of their precious pumkin heads off, neat as you please.