Friday the 13th Parts 2 & 3 BDs, Parts 4-6 Deluxe DVDs June 16th

Discussion in 'General' started by Vincent Pina, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I actually like Part 7's better than 8's.

2. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

Now neither of these have the theactrical trailers listed. I wonder if they will be included?

3. rhett

rhett Administrator

I don't think Paramount will ever use the theatrical art for THE NEW BLOOD anymore, it's just too dated with that half face design. That one has always looked the weakest from the original art. I have to say though, I actually like the DVD art for THE NEW BLOOD quite a bit - a pretty dynamic design, and it'll look killer with the knife in 3D on the lenticular slipcase. The JASON TAKES MANHATTAN art looks way better than the godawful art used for the previous DVD, but it still pales in comparison with that moody original art with Jason's knife extending over the city. That used to scare the shit out of me growing up.

As for trailers, those two films never had them on the original DVDs. That would be great if they had them now, though.

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

It would've been real cool if the tourism committee or whatever its called in New York would have allowed them to use the original banned poster art for this release (although Paramount still would probably go with the new artwork). I still don't see why they had such a problem with it. If anything, it would increase tourism to NY and they could have all kinds of marketing deals with Paramount.

5. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

These are probably my favorite covers yet for the deluxe editions, but they are nowhere near as good as the original theatrical posters.

6. I agree: So far, they're the best in my eyes (even if the films are some of the lesser of the Paramount-era made Jason films, I'm still dyin' to see all of those cut kills from Jason Takes Manhatten), as we now know what they'll all look like. And September isn't that look to wait, thanfully. I feared it was be dead Winter before we got the final two Deluxe Edition's.

And Grim, you are so right, as I also just never understood why they kicked up so much of a fuss. Made little sense to me.

7. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

now when is the 3rd season of the tv series coming paramount emailed and said sept along with 7 and 8 dvds a month back they were right about 7 and 8 atleast

8. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

They're on the box set.

9. rhett

rhett Administrator

New York had a terrible image at the time for violent crimes in the city, and a poster like the one for JASON TAKES MANHATTAN would do nothing but push that negative image further. Regardless, it's some great art, and the poster should be in every FRIDAY fan's collection. It was released on my birthday, so all the more reason to display it proudly in my house.

10. I agree! I have a fine re-prints (alll the Friday re-pints found on eBay are well worth displaying framed as I have, although my Part 3-D and Final Chaoter teaser with just lettering are original's, cause the asking price was fair enough to own'em) of'em all, and I must say, I disagree with scabboy.net's (www.scabboy.net/) recent assertion that the final poster for Jason Takes Manhatten was a weak & horrid one. While the film is much debatable for it's content, the poster released by Paramount was one of they're best since Part 3's or the The Final Chapter.

And I agree as I really am into the original Paramount-era North American theatrical posters.

11. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

u know, these are the best looking deluxe edition covers of the them all!! I really like them! :)

12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Wow both covers suck. And why the hell are the Twin Towers missing from the New York City skyline on the cover of part VIII? The film was made WAY before 9/11. Would people honestly be offended if the artwork featured the towers? Seems really stupid...

Oh well I won't be getting these anyway. These are probably the two Friday the 13th movies I like least (out of Paramount's 8 anyway).

~Matt

13. fceurich39

i watched part 3 in 3D on blu-ray it was better than the dvd but not by much

14. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Dang it. Still waiting on my blus of 2 and 3 from Amazon. They need to hurry their shit up.

15. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Yeah my blu-ray of Part 2 arrived yesterday from DVDpacific. Wow....just....wow. And I ordered part 3 off amazon for some reason so that should be here any day now.

~Matt

16. SickNick89

SickNick89 Member

Yeah but the boxset sucks. I'll be getting rid of it once I get these last 2 discs.

17. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

If anyone has the boxset with the Best Buy bonus disc, I might be interested in taking it off of your hands.

18. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

The completest in me won't allow me to sell it. If it makes you feel better I still have the original Alien boxset and first Terminator dvd as well thanks to this sickness.:fire:{My Head here}:eek:

19. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

If they would have included the commentary for part 3 on the deluxe edition, i probably would have sold it.

Bastards...

20. fceurich39

the bonus disc is the jason forever feature correct??? if so that feature is on the new deluxe edition part 2 dvd/blu-ray