Friday the 13th Parts 2 & 3 BDs, Parts 4-6 Deluxe DVDs June 16th

Discussion in 'General' started by Vincent Pina, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I already have the UK Blu-rays of Part 2 & 3...and these R1 Blus sound exactly like those from the specs posted.

2. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

I haven't looked into it much but the 2 covers that were posted on one of those sites showed "3-D" for pt 3 and othervoice1's posted quote doesn't come right out and say it won't be in 3-D, just that all the UK extras will be there. I'll cross my fingers that it will be!!

I've already seen pt 1,2 & 3 of the "Lost Tales from Camp Blood" twice now trying to find some good in them. Blah!! Am I alone, or does anyone else look at these as a waste of money? I think they totally suck, despite having Manfredini's score...it was powerful enough to force enjoyment of Zombi Island Massacre on me, but I find these little SOV serials just too bad to save. Paramount is paying money for this!!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  3. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

He did quote from High-def Digest that it had been confirmed that the 3-D version would not be on the Blu-ray. It's not on the UK Blu either.

4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

5. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

please be 3-d please be 3-d please be 3-d

6. snowbeast323

snowbeast323 New Member

I'm gonna have to shell out the the money for 4-6 on SE......I can't wait....

7. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

My taste in Friday the 13th has always been unusual. After part 3 my next favorite is the unpopular pt 5: A New Beginning. I will camp outside to get a copy on release day. I'm truly curious if we'll see UK blu-rays of 4, 5 & 6 soon after the dvds hit shelves over here. To see those 3 on blu-ray will be wicked!!

8. evileye

evileye Member

Amen! My interest drops after part 6 so those on BLU would be perfect.

9. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I'm psyched for the packed Final Chapter DVD! One of my favorite slashers and easily my fav of the series. These three seem to be much more worth the double dip (crew commentary, deleted scenes, more featurettes) than the first three re-releases. But like most of you, I will be waiting for the eventual boxset (which will hopefully, but not likely, include all the Crystal Lake to Manhattan bonus features).

10. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

I'm trying to hold out for the super duper deluxe Blu Ray box set but damn those DVDs are tempting...

Of course no Blu Ray box set has been confirmed but I'm crossing my fingers. Just hoping no one chops em off...

11. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath.

I'm okay with the Part 3 blu-ray not having the 3-D version. It's not something I really think I'm ever going to watch again. (to be honest it kind of hurt my eyes) At least we're getting the extras from the R2 disc. I might pick up the disc for Part 4 just to see what deleted goodies they found, but other than that, I'll wait for the inevitable blu's.

12. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Honestly, some of you people seriously need to get over this "uncut versions or no sale" bullshit. I'm willing to bet there's an EXTREMELY high chance that the deleted footage no longer exists. It was most likely scrapped, unless someone directly involved with the film decided to keep the "snippets". Like Grim said, "don't hold your breath".

~Matt

13. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

Actually I hope these get released uncut. I know the damn missing footage exist! I saw it in the crystal lake memories. They better reinsert the decapitation alternate ending to part 3! So like yeah totally uncut or no sale bitches! :glasses:

14. gunner

gunner Cropsy Maniac

Did you guys ever read the interview of the director of the "Lost Tales from Camp Blood" series over at fridaythe13thfilms.com's blog? He claims that Paramount couldn't find the elements for the complete versions the fans wanted, so they hired him to recreate the uncut scenes (lol). He couldn't pull off something as impossibly challenging as this, so he made an all-new set of serials that could follow the pattern, but couldn't use Jason's name, look or any other direct connection to the Friday films...so the uncut money went on making the "Lost Tales from Camp Blood" :mad:

http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/lost-tales-from-camp-blood-director-andrew-ceperley-speaks/

15. fceurich39

16. fceurich39

on a side note i also hope friday the 13th the series 3rd and final season gets released on dvd as well around this time the 4-6 deluxe editions come out

17. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I think this is the final nail in the coffin for any one hoping to see uncut versions of the movies, or more deleted scenes.

Although there was a mention before that the Producers of the ultimate Blu Ray box set were disappointed with the first three deluxe editions, and were working on better extras and that they had found some deleted scenes in Paramount's vault, so who knows I guess?

18. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I only remember them mentioning that they found stuff pertaining to the 4th, 5th, and 6th films.

It really stinks that people are holding out for a pipe dream, because the new discs (DVD and blu-ray) have much better transfers than the old discs.

19. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Well-Known Member

don't get me wrong, i understand people want these editions, but

1) i already have the very first, no frills R2-editions of Parts 2-6 and at the moment they suit me fine
    2) i wasn't really impressed with any of them, except for Part 5 (go figure), but they are watchable ways of spending an afternoon
    3) the same thing has been said about My Bloody Valentine ('uncut footage lost', 'impossible this ever gets released uncut',...) but look, it's a reality now too

so i can wait for a very long time! but to all others who buy these new editions : enjoy them and let know how they are

20. I agree. I have a solid modern TV set, and a fien wireless up-converter home theatre system player I got from best Buy last year, and so far, the three new Deluxe Edition's look much better color and brightness wise, then on the '04 boxset we all have. And I'm glad they didn't voer use cheap cardboard, as the holder set that held together my '04 total bullshit 'ulimate edition' boxset is long gone cause it broke over time from so much moving (I tend to do a lot of re-locating in life).

But yeah at least we're getting fine new artwork, new commentary tracks and some deleted bits. I hope that "Lost" ending for The Final Chapter will in fact be the Mrs. Jarvis deleted hulucination dream sequence of her revealed death look that was to lead into Trish & Tommy at the Essex Crystal Lake County hospital right after. Appears so, so that is beyond coolness right there. :D

And yeah I do love the new HD transfers. So they're all cool with me. Can't wait to hear the new comentary tracks; especialy on Part V cause it was the last classic exploitation-y feeling and made super sleazy one before the series got real kiddie-fied in my eyes for several seasons. Dammit I love that film.