Friday the 13th remake in the works (interview inside)

Discussion in 'General' started by RickB, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

There were HOBBITS in this movie?!

2. SEANVALEN

SEANVALEN Active Member

Don't worry spawning blue legend, there are more like you then you know. We'll be ready to fight by your side, when the JASON FOLLOW UP arrives. The best Jason film is coming up.

JASON OPTOMIST. .

FUN BOBBY legend, I feel like watching it again as well. I watched it the first time alone, next time I'm gonna go with a girl and see her reaction and hopefully screams to enchance the experience.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  3. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan Active Member

I was gonna take this girl from work but shes really scared of horror movies and said she often leaves when shes watching them so I just thought f**k that. I'll take her to see the unborn or something lol.

I love this film, I cant wait for the DVD definitely getting it on Blu Ray.

4. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Take her, man...it's not like there's anything remotely resembling horror in this movie.

5. Bobbywoodhogan

Did you just want to have a dig at this movie? :D

She'd get scared believe me, she told me House of Wax scared the hell out of her another slasher (a film I also like). Like I say I'll take her to the unborn, Im not that fussed about it so if she wants to leave then I'll happily leave lol.

6. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I enjoyed the House of Wax remake as well. The first bit with the video camera was annoying, but as soon as they went into the wax museum it got pretty good. Some great kills as well!

7. Bobbywoodhogan

Especially Paris Hiltons :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNZ299QlcVg

8. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

9. Bobbywoodhogan

:lol: :D

10. TheShape

TheShape Member

I did not see the TCM remake but Jason still reminded me of Leatherface, but the one from the original TCM and its sequel.

The underground lair (TCM 2), the kidnapping of the girl (a bit like the radio girl from TCM 2) just to name a few obvious ones. So it felt like a Friday the 13th film made by and for TCM fans...

That being said, I enjoyed the many nods to the original series. At least they paid their respects. Red barn ftw!

But in the end, I couldn't help but be disappointed with the remake as a whole.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Well I got out and saw the remake last night which is when it opened here in Aus. I have to say that when it started I wasn't really impressed. I'm not sure the opening sequence set in 1980 worked too well, not to mention the goreless beheading. Present day wasn't too bad, though there was this blue streak of light that kept crossing the screen that was really annoying. The first kill in this part of the film had everybody going 'What the fuck?'. It was just thing shaky panning across the screen and then nothing. From there on in things got a lot better. The characters in the main story were great fun and generated a lot of laughs.

People were saying that this was basically another TCM and that Jason is now no different than Leatherface. I really didn't feel this was the case. Jason was fast, cunning and quick. Leatherface waddles, takes orders and is a little on the lack of inelegance side. Not to mention that this film is fun and enjoyable, whereas TCM was depressing and gritty. I don't think people should be complaining anyway. This is one of the most visually impressive Friday's to grace the silver screen to date.
    The kills (once they got going) weren't half bad either. They were quick but often brutal. I admit that they weren't too special but I wouldn't complain about them.

Last thing that I wanted to say is that there's a pretty good shock moment at the end.
    Spoiler
    I'm talking about the interesting move to kill off the 'good' chick.
    End Spoiler
    I thought that was something a little different that most horror movies don't do. The formula pretty much got turned on its head there.
    Anyway I had fun, it was decent and I'll be there when they do the sequel (good luck to them).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  12. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Great review and I agree 100% with your opinions. I thought Jason was a lot different then Leatherface as well, and I left the movie with a lot different taste in my mouth then I did Chainsaw. I agree, that movie was depressing, dirty and disturbing in parts, Friday was just a lot of fun! Can't wait for the sequel!

13. Bobbywoodhogan

People who think Jason is like Leatherface obviously didnt watch either movie properly. I really dont think this Friday film is same in tone as TCM either to be honest.

14. Enutz666

Enutz666 Member

This Jason is no Leatherface, hes a guy who had to grow up by himself in the woods, He had to learn to survive..That would include stalking & trapping animals/humans. If Jason was just a idiot in a hockey mask how the hell would he survive all them years? He's not supernatural, like meyers

15. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

yeah! the 13th movie!:D

16. Zombie Dude

I think people were taking it a little overboard with the TCM clone claims. I also heard a review claiming the you don't see much of Jason it the film. I don't what film they were going on about, but in the remake there is plenty of Jason. What do they want, another Halloween type film where we follow around the killer which lessens their scare impact?
    I was also surprised to see two face reveals of Jason when sites were claiming the film didn't have any. One was when Jason made the change from sack to mask and the other was at the end of the film.

I think people are just automatically harsh on this film because it's a remake. Personally this is one of the better ones I've seen in while.

17. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

im right there with you, along with Dawn of the Dead and (I'm a fan of the Black Christmas remake) this one, they are some of the better ones other than these really terrible ones that have been made...

18. Zombie Dude

I hated the Black Christmas remake but I agree with Dawn of the Dead. This is one remake that I'm happy was made.

19. Bobbywoodhogan

Exactly alot of people have just blasted the film because its a remake, pretty sad really.

20. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

New Line and Warner Brothers have posted up the full specs for the DVD and Blu-ray release of the Friday remake. Oddly enough, the back cover art indicates the extended cut is also R-rated (even down to the same reasons with "nudity" added in).

I'm just going to stick to the theatrical cut. There was plenty of nudity in the 97 minute cut for me, anyway.