Friday the 13th remake in the works (interview inside)

Discussion in 'General' started by RickB, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I can't remember where I read this, but I heard that one of the things deleted that may show up in the extended cut is a scene where Whitney actually escapes, only to be captured again by Jason. Also there was apparently a different version of the unmasking/hockey mask discovering scene shot too.

2. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I'm pretty sure that scene with Whitney was never shot. I believe that was originally what was supposed to happen, but due to time constraints (I believe she was filming another movie at the same time or something) they decided to just
    kill her off there.

3. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

No Whitney was Clay's sister. I think you're thinking of Jenna.
    I loved that they killed off that entire house of kids. Was very Final Chapter of them. In fact, if you ask me, the remake has more in common with The Final Chapter than any of the other films.

4. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Oh okay, thanks for the clear up. That would be cool if they have that scene as an extra or something then.

5. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

I watched two remakes Saturday night - this one and Last House on the Left. Night and day difference.

Even if I'm not Last House's biggest fan, that film was a true masterpiece compared to this awful, awful movie.

I agree what's been said about the Texas Chain Saw Massacreisation of Jason, and for what it's worth, I think the same principle can be applied to Zombie's Halloween, although to a lesser degree. Leatherface, Jason and Michael Myers are all being morphed into basically the same character. They're dirtier, "grittier" more brutal than ever before, and the films that accompany them have the same dirty, sleazy, gritty look. I'm not very optimistic about the NOES remake after seeing this mess.

The numerous flaws have been discussed, but the worst offense is definitely the fact that the film is totally uninteresting and boring.

6. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

I watched this for the second time tonight, and it did not hold up to what I originally thought. It felt very obvious--the discovery of the mask, the sneak up impossibly from behind every time, and I thought the mom flashbacks in the beginning did not work. Overly dramatic.

The camp opening, though, is really a way to get the blood going. Tense, funny, and fast. Don't need to watch this again.

7. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Besides having the same people behind the scenes the F13th and TCM remakes looked and felt nothing alike.

I was impressed with both remakes. TCM was gritty and violent and brought respect back to the series after Kim Henkel raped it and F13th was lots of fun and it was great seeing "old school" Jason again.

8. Vance Vandy

Vance Vandy Member

I didn't enjoy this even a little. Just as bad as the TCM remake. Maybe even a bit worse. The Jason here is almost as bad as Kirzinger.

9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I think that's a little harsh. While he may not be the best Jason, no one is as bad as Kirzinger's version.