Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection, 09/13/2013

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Jun 11, 2013.

1. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

There's no way in hell that the unrated TCM III would pass for a PG-13. Clearly whoever said that knows jack fucking shit about how the MPAA works in this day and age.

It would definitely get a R but no way a PG-13.

2. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I remember the unrated VHS and the DVD having a lot more gore, particular in Foree's character's sorta death, the girl getting chainsawed, and the hammer to the head scene where you actually see the hammer whack the guys head. Also a lot more blood in the shootout too with gorier bullet hits and more close-ups of the girl pulling her hands up off of the nails. Those are the first things that come to mind. The R-Rated cut I saw was incredibly neutered. I think it was almost five minutes shorter. A bit of that was plot development I'm sure, but there was definite gore added back into the unrated.

3. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I'm sorry. You're probably still under the assumption that I didn't watch the film. I watched it and switched to the R cut AND back to Uncut mid-way through the movie just to check it was as tame as it felt. Yes I noticed a difference between each cut but it just made me all the more shocked that that difference was so minute (I hate the spelling of that word). If you think those 1 to 2 seconds each gore scene actually add any impact, me and you were watching a totally different movie and I was the one watching Leatherface: TCMIII.

Tame.

4. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Nah, I was just saying if you felt the unrated was PG-13, then the R cut must be PG cuz it's even weaker. Desipte owning the dvd and laserdisc (and a dvdr of the laser commentaries and extras since different than the real dvd), I haven't watched either since I started keeping track of shit I watch like 10 years ago. I do know I will never watch the R cut again and never bothered (on the dvd) since I remember being pissed when I rented the VHS just before getting into dvd, and it just felt cut to shit. This was right after revisiting TCM2 which was also the horrible cut version, so I might be having some mix up as to how much each felt different, but seem to recall both feeling unwatchable and so much happier with the unrated dvds. 3 still sucks in all forms, but is better than 4 and the 13 version, which simply doesn't exist in my world.

This post sponsered by Seagrams 7! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  5. DVD-fanatic-9

I actually think The Next Generation is the best sequel. There isn't one dull moment, like the third film, it doesn't waste any time - like the middle of Part 2 - and it gets how to do wild and crazy on the budget it has. The second film, after the first long-playing scene where the 2 college students are... disturbed in their vehicle, it just drags and drags and drags. There's no point to anything going on and you don't feel like anything's happening. Hooper tried to remake the first film with a big budget. But... that won't work. It doesn't. You can't have people running around, acting dopey for the better part of the latter half of a 100-minute movie and make people sit through that with the improved production values they had. It's tedious.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  6. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

TCM 2 is probably my least favorite sequel. I remember being excited to see it for the first time and found it dragged for a good portion of it.

MisterTwister likes this.
  7. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Which Friday the 13th film is Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III again?

8. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

This one, known only to exist in workprint form.

[​IMG]

m@ggot, Dobby, DVD-fanatic-9 and 2 others like this.
  9. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

10. MisterTwister

They were discussing the F13th boxset which was put out by Warner who also owns the New Line catalog who released TCM III.

I don't see what's wrong with discussing it here.

11. MisterTwister

You like TCM 4 more?

I absolutely adore TCM 2 but it does drag on too long @ 101 minutes.

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Back to the topic, I really don't think we're going to get anything better than what Warner put out. Paramount could rerelease the set with original cover-art, provide the R-Rated version the first film, but those are all things I don't see worth buying this whole set over again. If they did something like that and you haven't bought in yet, good on you for holding out. I just didn't feel like waiting any longer to finally own my favorite franchise on blu-ray. The set had all of the films I really care about (1-8) in HD and as uncut as they'll probably ever be.

othervoice1 likes this.
  13. DVD-fanatic-9

Holy Fucking Shit, you guys... Friday the 13th predicted David Bowie's last single/music video!!!

Remember how the movies were all named after David Bowie albums / songs in pre-production when the studio didn't want fans coming into actor auditions? Aladdin Sane, Repetition, Ashes to Ashes, Crystal Japan? Well... remember the name of the cruise ship the students "sailed" out on in Jason Takes Manhattan???

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  14. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

[​IMG] nooooooooooooo way not tonight..........!

15. DVD-fanatic-9

^ Speaking of... I just felt like... well...

Night and day. Could there possibly be any bigger difference between transfers? Paramount sure ate their spinach in 2009.

Attached Files:

16. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Nailwraps and Zombie Dude like this.
  17. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

18. DVD-fanatic-9

For $27??? This screams: repackaging.

19. Natas

Natas Theres no such thing as the boogyman

yeah I don't know what the fuck that's all about on Amazon.......but I doubt it's something to get excited for. Maybe it's a collection of the F13 television series?

I keep checking to see if they reproduce the Blu Ray collection........no such luck. 237 bucks for a USED set. NEW? 5 hun-id. What's that, 50 bucks a disc? Suck my middle nut for 50 bucks a disc, jack.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  20. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

It might be getting re-released with just the first 8 films since rights reverted back to Pramount. They're re-issuing blu-rays of Airplane and Tearms of Endearment, among others. I wouldn't be surprised if Friday the 13th gets re-released too.

~Matt

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017