Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection, 09/13/2013

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Jun 11, 2013.

1. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I absolutely hated Halloween Resurrection and Busta Rhymes "character" was annoying as hell. Now FvJ to be honest I didn't mind - I thought they did a decent job with such a stupid premise. It was goofy fun - but I understand why some would dislike it and there were parts that I thought were horrible- but other parts that worked.

2. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I want to punch you in the face really hard.

Busta RHYMES ruined the movie for me. Not only was he annoying but he kicked Michael's ass. Seeing one of my favorite slasher villains getting his ass kicked by some rapper was painful to watch for his fan.

For me the original series ended with H20.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  3. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Um...yeah, from this point on I can no longer take any opinion that you put forth seriously. Please do not feel a need to respond or defend, let's just agree to stay away from each other. Thanks.

4. ThisEvilBastard

ThisEvilBastard Banned Mofo

WOW that's the most mature coomment I've read.

I'm deserving of getting punched in the face for expressing my first admendment.

What's wrong with I disagree and go on to validate your point?

5. ThisEvilBastard

It's simple ignore me then.

I'm just discussing film's.

Ok I will

6. ronnie21

ronnie21 Well-Known Member

Halloween ended for me after Halloween II 1981.

7. chrismac87

chrismac87 Zombie Eater

As I seem to recall - you are the one who claimed a "real horror fan" wouldn't like CHILD'S PLAY or the LEPRECHAUN films, and I could be paraphrasing here but didn't you also say; "I feel truly insulted that we ever consider The Chucky & Leperchaun film's to be apart of the Horror genre. I really dislike all of those film's they need to be treated like 'fan insulting intelligence' garbage".

Now think about what you're saying here. You're telling us one of the arguably worst entry in an eight long film franchise is underrated and that people who criticize it have a "maturity problem".

So now here we are, ironic isn't it?

Here's my two cents;

Busta Rhymes played the character in the film, he's the only who pretended to be an Asian karate man and kicked Michael Myers all over the place like he knew what he was doing. Think about that for a minute, a 6 ft tall black man with dreads was legitimately impersonating as an Asian man throwing down kicks and punches. If Busta Rhymes was any kind of actor, I think he would have been opposed to that if he didn't simply think it wasn't "cool" or "hip" which it wasn't - at all. The man simply CANNOT act.

With that being said it IS mostly his fault RESURRECTION turned out as badly as it did. The concept was at the time original and unique, they were bringing something new to the idea of the franchise - but then here comes this guy who again CAN'T ACT who is cast as a lead in the film. Busta played that character, it might have been a different character's name, but Busta played that part as if he was playing Busta Rhymes. The man has ZERO range, you see an interview with him, or anything of the like and tell me any conceivable difference between himself and the character he played - I'll give you a cookie.

And I'm sorry but the scene with he tells of Michael Myers, and good ol' Mikey actually listens was embarrassing. Talk about taking a once legendary, scary horror icon and making a joke out of him.

RESURRECTION is unarguably the worst in film in that franchise, even the convoluted and confusing CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS plays better than this POS does. It's not a minority that dislikes this film, as far as I can tell it lies in the majority that it's mostly a pile of steaming crap.

That's not to say fans don't have a right to enjoy it either though. There are people who do like it, and that's fine. But don't go slinging around saying people have a "maturity" issue for not liking one of the worst entries in the franchise because again, they're not in the minority on that one and I seriously doubt hardened critics who appreciate/love the first film are immature for not liking this one.

8. deepred

deepred Member

Same here but I've seen all the others and the worst of the original franchise is definitely Resurrection. I was excited since it had the same director as II but what an awful disappointment it was.

Trick or treat muthafucka :fuck:

9. deepred

deepred Member

[​IMG]

10. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Thanks! :banana:

Lol, Busta Nut. That's his official name from now on.

As for FvJ, it's not a great film but it's a decent popcorn flick which some neat ideas and decent effects. I think its main problem is the dialogue. Apart from being dumb and brainless, they spend too much time repeating themselves on the characters back-stories that it becomes corny.
    Dude, you a seriously stupid. You do realize you're insulating people by saying they have a "maturity" problem if they don't like H:R right? You can have your opinion on the film, that's fine, but you're basically looking for trouble by insinuating the people who don't like it are immature.
    You and me both at the moment.

For me I like to end the original series at 6. H20 just feels like a fan film that doesn't quite work to me. It never truly engages me, nor does it feel like a Halloween film. It's more like a Scream spin-off.

11. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton New Member

Wonder when we are gonna get the official specs for this?

12. MisterTwister

I can understand your dislike for H20. I've had this "love it or hate it" relationship with it since it came out in 1998. It does feel very much like a Scream spin-off but I think the final half hour is really good and it does a solid job of killing off Michael....until Resurrection fucked it up.

I couldn't believe Rosenthal directed Resurrection until I heard it was Carpenter who made Halloween II work as well as it does.

13. Zombie Dude

I think they way they killed off Michael was the only thing that I liked.

I had no idea Rosenthal directed Resurrection either :eek1:

14. MisterTwister

I remember people gasping in theaters when Michael was killed. It was a great moment.

....forgot this was a F13th thread. My bad mods!

I think we can all forget about uncut versions of 2-8 ever happening. I know the person who was putting together the deluxe editions of 4-8 tried finding the footage for 7 but discovered the original negative or what not was destroyed in the 90's and all that exists is the workprint.

15. Zombie Dude

It's definitely a shame we may never see some of the cut footage to the sequels. Part 7 probably suffers most from this. I can't believe someone would have thrown the negatives out. :(

16. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

I think I, II and III are classics.
    IV and V not so much, but still very enjoyable slashers.

17. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I only saw Freddy vs Jason in the last year or so. I avoided it as I thought the idea was the stupidest thing ever. When I first saw the movie I thought it was dumb. I wrote a review/post on the Horror.com forum. But watching/listening to it at night, I started to like small bits about it. Sometimes that happens for me. I find good parts in crappy movies. For me the worst part of the movie is them deciding to have Freddy and Jason fight. Maybe if the movie was just about the idea of surviving both killers it would be better. It does have good atmosphere in many of the scenes and it does start off pretty good.

And I haven't seen Halloween Resurrection yet. I heard something bad happens in the beginning and I don't want to see that.

18. lv426

lv426 New Member

Just noticed the set doesn't include cardboard 3d glasses, am I to believe this will mean it was remade like the new Creature From The Black Lagoon bluray?

19. Zombie Dude

That or there's just no 3D included at all which is more likely.

20. ThisEvilBastard

I would like to apologize(boy I do alot of thesse) for my comment of the Maturity levels on the Halloween Ressurection I know now that had no backing on people's maturity levels. See I really like Halloween Ressurection and as a fan of that film it just pisses me off to no end to see,read & listen to the criticism of Busta Rhymes beat up Michael Myers and that isn't a resecptible thing to the character.
    See Michael Myers in Part 5(The worst) cried and then the throne cult in Part 6(the second worst) was the most disresecptful thing in the original series and don't get me started on what Rob Zombie did to him. See to me I can distance myself from the actor who is poytraing the character so I don't see Busta Rhymes in that film I see a character by the name of Freddie Harris. Same thing goes for Christopher Walken in films I see a character not Christopher Walken.
    It just seems childish to me.(Im sorry beforehand)