Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection, 09/13/2013

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Jun 11, 2013.

1. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

not sure if this has already been posted, and too lazy to check. courtesy of the digital bits

[​IMG]

2. Stige

Stige Active Member

:eek2:price just jumped on amazon....should have ordered it right off the bat oh well
    seems like the Crystal lake to Manhattan, and individual releases (deluxe), had way more than 11 hours of bonus features, I could be wrong.

3. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Damn! That's a $26 dollar jump! Glad I ordered it when it first went up. I can pretty much guarantee it'll jump back down again before its released.

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Well, it said 11 hours of all new extras so I suppose we'll see what all is actually included from the various releases.

5. deepred

deepred Member

Source: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/062413_1600

6. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

7. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

DVDNewsFlash posted the sellsheet for the release on Facebook. Now I checked it and according to the runtimes and MPAA ratings, it appears F13 '80 and JGTH will be the R-Rated Theatrical Versions only. Now you shouldn't panic yet because it's probably not final. My thoughts why, the F13 '80 disc on the set will obviously be the same Unrated disc a few years back and seeing is how the Unrated footage from JGTH was already restored for DVD is should be a no brainer that that footage is in good quality (I think the reason ANOES 5 wasn't the Unrated version on DVD was probably because of the source materials were not in good quality). We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

8. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

9. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Isn't that good?

10. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

Well saving some money by not buying this release is good but releasing an Anaglyph 3d release is so lazy in 2013. It says wonders about the quality of this release and what to expect from the transfers.

As for part 1 and JGTH possibly not being uncut, if this turned out to be true then that would just be the icing on the cake of a release only a fool would spend money on.

You can't shine a turd, but you can dress it up in a metal tin.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  11. Zombie Dude

Well this is WB we're talking about here. I don't think anyone expects too much from them.
    If another company got these then yes, I'd be expecting a dream set but I'm assuming this is as good as it gets.

I wouldn't trust the info regarding them being cut. I'm worry about JGTH but it doesn't make sense that Part one would get a cut release.

For the moment with all the info we officially know, this set is at least a step in the right direction.

12. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

You can only call it safe when you have the product in your hands!

13. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I know, right? Can the fanboys/haters please postpone the lighting of the torches until the actual facts about the actual release are revealed? Jesus Fuck. If it comes to light that they are actual cut versions, then I say BURN PARAMOUNT (or WB or whomever holds the rights at this point)! Until then, stop guessing and whining like a bunch of bitches.

14. Zombie Dude

Exactly. This is why I haven't ordered it yet either. I'm patiently waiting for more details.

15. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

That is actually what I'm doing, but in the end, I will probably purchase it, but I'm going to hold onto Jason Goes To Hell on DVD, until September 13th is here, and my Uncut Blu-Ray of Friday the 13th. Was hoping that Part 3 would not be the blue/red glasses, since I already own the previous Blu-Ray, and was praying that it would be current 3D, but the movie was made a little over 30 years ago.

16. Zombie Dude

Proper 3D would have definitely have been nice but I never expected it from a company like WB. If they licensed t out I would have been more hopeful. If they fuck up the basics of this set though I'll be pretty upset.

17. Fall Break

Fall Break Member

I picked up Dial M for Murder on blu-ray 3D and that's 30 years older then Friday 13th 3D, so not sure what you mean by Friday 3D is 30 years old so it's understandable not to be in Real 3D?

18. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

The other 3D I'm waiting for is the original House of Wax in 3D, and that came out, I think, in 1954. On Friday the 13th 3D, it came out in 1982, so that is where I said 30 years ago. I'm on the fence if I should wait until I actually wait until more information is announced before I sell my current From Crystal Lake To Manhattan, and the Limited Edition Deluxe DVDs with the Miniature Jason Hockey Mask, or not.

19. Stige

Stige Active Member

those cool holograph covers are worth much more than the 2 bucks I would get for selling them so the dvd's, box sets will stay no matter what. That's just me

20. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I've got a question for all of you Friday the 13th diehards. If this set had included Part III in true HD, would that get you to buy a 3D TV? I actually bought my 3D TV for the Creature From The Black Lagoon blu-ray. :)