Friday the 13th: The Video Game (PS4/XBone/PC)

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Oct 13, 2015.

1. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Mutilated Prey likes this.
  2. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

I will get this regardless, but I hope the voice acting is improved.

3. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

This the first kickstarter program that I even though about sending some money. Just might do it.

Now, which tier to buy, or to wait for when this comes out? Any ideas?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  4. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I would go for the physical copy tier, however, my problem is that the game is currently a Multi-player game at the moment. I don't subscribe to the PS online service, so the game is useless. If they decide to add the single player part to the game, then I'll jump on it. But unfortunately that won't happen unless the game is funded and whatever stretch goal amount that may be.

ImmortalSlasher and buck135 like this.
  5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would have access to Xbox multiplayer , but I would be actually interested in a single campaign myself over the multiplayer first. I mean multiplayer could be a disaster if you think about it. This ain't Call Of Duty or Battlefield we're talking here. It's a 8 player lobby. You know people are just gonna be running around like a bunch of maniacs(no pun intended) I wanna believe, but I can't imagine people just quietly sneaking around. It's gonna be kamikaze city in these lobbies.

6. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

7. Dave

Dave Pimp

Multiplayer only? No thanks! Pass.

buck135 likes this.
  8. Rft183

Rft183 Member

You'd think that, since they are supposed to be fans and all, they would make the single player priority with the multiplayer being a stretch goal. Don't they know we're anti-social!?

9. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

It may actually have single player added- they mention it on the kickstarter page - but it's more of a maybe depending on how much money they bring in for improvements. I would check out the page for all the details. Sounds great but like you I would prefer a single player experience.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/613356213/friday-the-13th-the-game/description and scroll down to Single Player?

I wish I was rich and could do the 10,000 pledge. That would be awesome! I see one person actually pledged on it already.

10. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I remember posting about the Summer Camp game in I think the PS4 or Xbox topic. Seems like that turned into this Friday the 13th game. I never saw any gameplay from Summer Camp but I'm hoping that this turns out to be good.

I'm going to wait and see if they add any other categories. I don't see anything exciting so far worth an early investment. So I'm hoping others fund it and I'll just get it normally.

That's a big problem for me too. I think all games need a single player option. I don't know why it's multiplayer only so far. It's not like a board game like Camp Grizzly. With a videogame you can do both single and multiplayer in your design.

11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I really want to pledge to this (would be my first time doing so) but I'm not sure which tire to buy. If I go physical would it even be compatible with systems in Australia for instance? Hopefully they make enough to do a single player mode too.

12. othervoice1

I went ahead and got the Machete Steel Collector pack for 140.00 - there are only 34 left out of 500 - I figured it would support the project and I would have a cool collectible I could hang onto long after the game is forgotten.

Mok likes this.
  13. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Well just make sure it doesn't have a nail in it.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  14. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Lol, you know what I mean!

15. Dave

Dave Pimp

I'm not a big kickstarter guy but I likely will be contributing to this in the hopes something decent is made. $40 for beta access is reasonable.

16. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

[​IMG]
    So the game has been successfully funded!
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3369665/friday-the-13th-the-game-is-a-kickstarter-success/
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/613356213/friday-the-13th-the-game

Congratulations to all the backers. You guys should be proud to have represented our genre. I admittedly didn't contribute, but I will gladly pay full retail price when this comes out (hopefully) next fall to make up for it.

Needless to say this calls for celebration. Tomorrow it just so happens is Friday the 13th so we can all throw on our favourite Jason film in honour of those who made this happen.

EDIT: You know what? I'm glad the new F13 film got put on hold. Maybe the powers that be will see how this game generated enough interest to the point that they will go back to the roots of what made the series a hit. Ash vs Evil Dead is a prime example of giving fans what they want. It's success should also not go unnoticed. Basically they need to hire everyone involved with the game to make the next film. Let Savini direct. Let Manfredini do the score. Let Kane be Jason. Call it, "Friday the 13th: The Machete Awakens". :p

One other thing and then I promise I will leave this post alone. Everyone who is bumming out on multiplayer only games, I suspect has either never played one, or has never given them enough of a chance. They have come a long way.

Quick story: back on X360 I bought Gears because of the hype fully intending to only play the single player campaign. After that was done, the game held little interest for me. I was contemplating a trade-in but it was being raved about so much for it's multiplayer to the point that I begrudgingly decided to bite the bullet and get XBL. So I played my first match and was obviously shit. I'll never forget, it was on Canals. We lost round 1 and my teammates made fun of me and asked me to switch teams. I obliged. I was pissed off but still determined to at least kill one of them. The next round it just so happens I found my footing and realized how valuable the shotgun is in multiplayer. I ended up being the last Cog alive with two Locusts left on their side. I killed them both. Gloriously. My adrenaline was pulsing and my heart was in my throat. It was such a awesome rush. Not having a mic at the time, the host of the match informed me how impressed my old teammates were. I'm sure that was sugar coated. From that point I was hooked. My point in that story is, there are going to be times when multiplayer can frustrate and get you down, but the high points definitely outweigh the low ones.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  17. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

If Kane Hodder gets to suit up again, I'll go to the theater to watch that.

18. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

Yeah, I didn't fund this because of a lack of single player as well and likely won't bother buying it because I won't have an online service subscription for PS4 or Xbox One when it comes out. That and I thought it was weird mostly all the stretch goals up to a very high level were all animations of cool shit from the movies. Shouldn't that be rather cheap? Or at the very least, those animations should take precedent over ones they'll be including in the game of their own. I am skeptical of Kickstarter funding things with celebs and real names. I know Cunningham and Savini at least aren't doing this for the fans or for free.

And the physical copy thing was a total bust because it's multiplayer only and thus will be a coaster anyways. I'm sure it'll be a fun game, but it has no longevity and there's always those ultra nerds out there who dominate multiplayer games and I can see that happening with this one because there will be so few playing to begin with after a while.

ImmortalSlasher and buck135 like this.
  19. othervoice1

Well there may be some single player that they mention on the kickstarter page - but no way to know of course before the kickstarter is over

20. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

The stretch goal for that to unlock is beyond reason, I think. I'm not hating on the project, I've been adamant that all these old ass franchises I enjoy, any way for them to live on is good by me and I am not going to complain about it, I just personally don't find multiplayer games to be that rewarding. It's not like it'll break the bank to play it a few times down the road, but it's a shame after all these years we're going to get a F13 game that's going to likely look and feel great and it's going to be unusable in a few years.

buck135 likes this.