Friday the 13th: The Video Game (PS4/XBone/PC)

Discussion in 'General' started by rxfiend, Oct 13, 2015.

1. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

That's a great point. A Jason/Friday the 13th game doesn't need Tom Savini or Kane Hodder's input (unless they are scanning his body movements). Voice over work shouldn't be much of a challenge. Too much of the funds are being misallocated in my opinion. The fans will put every single character in (along with each of the different Jason looks). I know it's an alpha, but the animations aren't nearly as impressive as the environment. If they fix that, leave the game open for mods and create a decent single player campaign, I'll pay full price for it.

2. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Well there is no way to tell what the animations will be - the only thing they have is the very basic outline - the characters and environments will look nothing like what is in that video they released. But I still hold out hope for some sort of single player

3. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

They should be making a videogame and we shouldn't be hoping for fan mods to get a complete game. I see a lot of these Kickstarters get the fanboy backers and talking on forums. But they almost never point out the stuff that's missing unless they want the Kickstarter to fail.

There was a Kickstarter for the old SEGA CD horror game Night Trap. So called news sites and people were all over that one. Pointing out problems and how the people in charge didn't know their stuff. Still I wanted to see an HD or new version of that. We'll probably never get it now.

4. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

No single player is a dealbreaker for me as well. I was curious how they where going to make an interesting survival game with only one major opponent. I.e. most camper encounters with Jason are brief - even if you're a final girl.

5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

To all you nay-sayers, if they provided it, would you at least give a free trial a go?

6. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

For a multiplayer game? No. I passed on the free Star Wars Battlefront Beta and that is the best looking game I've ever seen. I'm a bigger fan of the Original Star Wars trilogy than I am Friday the 13th.

I remain optimistic about this project. I hope it turns out well and makes its way to the PS4. My days of maintaining my PC to current/future gaming standards are long gone.

7. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I'll download a free trial or get the game as cheap as possible. Like under $20 or so. Amazon can get as low as $12 for some games that I've seen.

8. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

gameplay footage

othervoice1 and baggio like this.
  9. Dave

Dave Pimp

Looks okay but makes me think that everyone is going to want to play Jason only. Perhaps they are only showcasing the Jason kills / mode right now because that is what people want to see.

10. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

The best part is Jason breaking the radio. I never cared for eighties hair bands. As Dave said if you're not Jason, what's the point? What is the incentive of being a counselor? I'm not putting it down, I'm just curious.

11. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

80s Synth Pop and New Wave > Hair Bands.

I don't really get the common thought that being a counselor isn't fun. I get that Jason is a major part of the series - duh - but so is the time spent with the teens, the atmosphere and location. As a counselor, it's spooky survival. Planning and hiding and gathering repair parts. Seeing fellow campers and feeling a bit safe. Exploring the grounds from the films that are randomly generated. I am enticed for both! Counselors for Friday fans, Jason for Jason fans.

12. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

But do the counselors interact with each other and work together? Do they differ from one another in terms at attributes? Can you defeat Jason or escape? Running and hiding is fine as long as you are not going to always get caught since Jason can see through buildings and instantly spawn anywhere on the map.

13. Dave

Dave Pimp

Well I'm sure if they are smart they will make it so neither side has a significant advantage over the other. Otherwise it's just not going to be very fun.

14. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Each counselor/teen has their own unique attributes/abilities. Athletic girl is a bit faster, the prep is a bit stronger, bookish girl may be better at fixing things, etc...

Counselors cannot harm each other, but they can help a bit. But at the end of the round, it only matters if you yourself survive.

You can escape and you can defeat Jason too, but that would be the hardest one to accomplish.

Zombie Dude, othervoice1 and buck135 like this.
  15. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Nice. That's perfect. I may pick this up. Thanks Body Boy.

othervoice1 and Body Boy like this.
  16. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Please tell me this isn't multiplayer only...

17. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

If there is no story mode, I'm not interested.

18. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

If I'm not mistaken, I believe single player will be added if the Kickstarter reaches a certain dollar amount. That may have changed however.

Body Boy likes this.
  19. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Who exactly was fooled into thinking that song on the radio sounded 80's? I also think the Stereotype Names are stupid. And Jason isn't scary. And, I get the thing with him constantly hearing his mother's voice- it makes sense but that isn't the problem. And he should have multiple weapons. And the characters don't really look 80's period, from the 2 victims we see here. And: call me insane, but it would be great to hear some kind of music before the radio is turned on.

20. Dave

Dave Pimp

Def multiplayer only and the single player stretch goal is some insane amount.

Just looked it up - single player is 1.6 million. They are around $950k so it seems very unlikely.